Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

*** NEW FORUM PLEA - JANUARY 2017 ***
on January 07, 2017, 02:35:36 PM

:pomppomp: For anyone who wishes to donate just click on the link below  :pomppomp:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=LGHF5VDSC6AQL

Dear Faithful Members,

It's time again for us to ask for your help, Our forum funds have run out again and we need your support to top up the kitty to keep the site running, and to maintain it's independence (from sponsors etc).

So please dig deep and drop some funds to the cause via the link above  :happy2:

Thanks,

Re: Crout's Tornado GTi
Last Poster: Zipupurmickey in Members Rides on Today at 01:39:23 AM
How the car sits today,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Steve D's Shadow Blue DSG
Last Poster: spwd in Members Rides on Today at 01:15:03 AM
Cheers bud  :driver:

Re: Sticky revs DSG
Last Poster: r5gtt in Mk5 General Area on Today at 12:48:30 AM
lol I must be explaining it wrong. :doh:

Basically when I'm in drive and decide to floor it the revs go mental and stick for a while at 3.5 4 4.2rpm ransoms basically and even when my foot is released of pedal :surprised:
Only in drive as I've tried sports mode and it's okay.

Check my Facebook post on cam lobe as it looks worth the yours and it is some

Re: my ed 30 for sale
Last Poster: Andy in Random Chat on Yesterday at 11:46:18 PM
and I thought I was being clever, thanks for doing that for me, just need to get her sold now  :happy2:

Are you putting the right link up when you're doing so sales ad

Re: Alloy wheel refurbishment Hampshire
Last Poster: Octoparrot in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 11:36:25 PM
I've just had 4 Monzas refurbished by ACC ALLOYS in Liphook, they look great and turned them around in 4 days.

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: spwd in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 11:17:14 PM
Managed to get this done and fitted, need to re-do the top vent part again.

Re: Hello from Lincolnshire
Last Poster: SlapdingVW in New Member Intro's on Yesterday at 11:00:05 PM
Just a shame it only looks like that for approximately a day if I'm lucky!

Re: BCS January Sale
Last Poster: addictivev8 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:42:52 PM
Depending on the cost i may be interested in a 200 cell sports cat downpipe. Currently have the bcs decat fitted.

Re: Just bought this.....
Last Poster: Mk5 GTian in Members Rides on Yesterday at 10:39:29 PM
Yep, and adaptive M sport suspension.... :driver:

Re: What is a decent tyre without going down the eagle f1 pilot sport route
Last Poster: addictivev8 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:38:35 PM
Vredesteins are good. I had a set on my clk55 and that had no problems in the set with 360bhp and 380 lb ft torque.

Once the goodyears are shagged on the golf I'll go for a set of Vred's or Michelin's.

RNS510 VCDS question
Last Poster: shoaybmakda in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Yesterday at 10:09:59 PM
Hi all

Not sure if this has been covered - but after I fitted my RNS510 the sound when playing music seems a lot louder than it should and feels like it's maxing the speakers out earlier on the volume.

Is there a setting on VCDS to "normalise" things if that makes sense?

Thanks in advance

Re: Jay's Golf Coupe "racek0r" project
Last Poster: Shoduchi in Members Rides on Yesterday at 10:04:26 PM
Nice to see you having fun on the track! :driver: Just pity about the coolant leak issue that spoiled the day. I hope you can sort it soon so you can fully enjoy your beast! :smiley:

The new cluster looks great too! :drinking:

Re: MFSW fitted now can't clear codes
Last Poster: RetroRaz in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 09:54:11 PM
Replied back to your pm

Re: Candy White Golf GTI Ed. 30 - 2nd track day at Estoril (picture heavy)
Last Poster: Shoduchi in Members Rides on Yesterday at 09:52:41 PM
Good progress, nice upgrades :)

I think OEM engine pulley is better TBH. I have read a lot of issues with lightened ones.
Thanks Jay!  :drinking:

Yeah, Dan_FR explained me why it's a bad idea to fit lightweight engine pulleys on our engines so it had to come

Re: Airbag Fault Light On - MOT failed.
Last Poster: TAPPY in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:48:55 PM
Thanks guys,

Well I have a feeling that it was caused when I had to take the drivers door apart to rewire the wiring loom in there as it was all corroded. It's all working again now but I'm sure that's about the time it came on. I don't know if the drivers door has any wiring for the a

Re: Candy White Mk5 5dr DSG - small update page 7
Last Poster: shoaybmakda in Members Rides on Yesterday at 09:40:58 PM
Thanks @MIJ_JAGGER springs have taken a bit of a backseat for now. Rear calipers have seized so sorting my brakes out first and hopefully soon.

Still got this to fit on the rear:

[URL=http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/shoaybmak/media/Mobile%20Uploads/45F329F4-2E40-4941-8960-2E456CE18

Fault code P2096
Last Poster: MIJ_JAGGER in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:01:40 PM
Chaps and chappettes,

First of please don't slay me for this question, apologies in advance but just need clarity

Am I right in thinking I'm getting this fault code because of my decat downpipe? I have an angled adapter on for the second o2 sensor...
Cleared fault few times but returns after driving a while.
Car does hesitate a bit when I have this c

Re: Mk6 Golf R Cabriolet
Last Poster: Mk5 GTian in MK6 General Area on Yesterday at 08:32:21 PM

Re: Arm rest lid being a tit
Last Poster: 6waysforward in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 08:22:18 PM
Sound's like broken clip. I think mine is having an affair with the rear armrest as it keeps trying to get in the back.

Re: White MK7 GTI Performance Pack
Last Poster: prp74 in MK7 Members Rides on Yesterday at 08:08:28 PM
Very nice from another white PP owner  :happy2:

Shoutbox

Full audio upgrade for sale
£550.00
Single Image
    Collection Only

Hi guys

The following kit came installed in my mk5 golf, I'm not listing the front 3 way components yet as I need them for a while longer. This was installed under 2 years ago by caraudiosecurity in Hayes for just shy of £2k with receipts to prove. Please pm for better pics.

Prices are all cash on collection. Can post some of it but I'd rather not as I don't have any of the packaging.

Kenwood DPX-405BT - Double DIN CD/MP3/USB player with Bluetooth - £100
    Focal FOCAL ISS 165 - 6.5" slim components - £50
    JL Audio JL Audio JX360/4 4 Channel - £130
    Rockford Fosgate Punch Series P2-1X12 P2 12" Loaded Enclosure - £150
    Rockford Fosgate Punch P500X1BD - Mono 500 Watts - £150
    Or £280 for the sub and amp together

Can do a deal on all of it, it's literally a full system that's available. Sounds pretty good too for a "drop in" system and gets plenty loud, sub plays nice and low with good bandwidth with plenty of power from both amps. Feel free to make offers on any combination of parts.

Everything is still installed so can be heard working. Only selling due to upgrading.

Collection from ilford Essex
    Intergrated Engineering Drop in rods with BWA Pistons
    £320.00
    Delivery or Collection

Ideal upgrade for someone getting a bigger turbo like the  TTE420 on there Mk5 Golf GTI or Seat Leon FR with a BWA engine.

Comes with ARP bolts. Pistons have typical wear for the milage, and shells need replacing of course.

Rods have done about 40k,
    Piston rings under 15k,
    Pistons 68k

All have been machine washed.

Can collect from SE London, Northampton on some dates, and maybe GTI inters.
    Mk5 Multifunction Steering Wheel Buttons
    £40.00
    Postage: £5.00
    Delivery or Collection

Got some mk5 MFSW buttons for sale. Straight retrofit for wheel with DSG paddles, but can be added to standart wheel as well (somewhere in this forum is how to DIY). 45 delivered, if paying by PayPal + fees/gift.
    MK6 R Front Leather Heated Seats
    £450.00
    Collection Only

MK6 R Front Leather Heated Seats for sale.
    R logo head rests.

Seats are heated with electric lumbar supports.
    Excellent condition. No marks on leather and seat bolsters are in perfect condition.

Open to sensible offers.
    MK6 R 18 Inch Genuine Talledega Wheels
    £650.00
    Collection Only

For sale genuine 18 inch Talladega alloy wheels and tyres from 2011 MK6 Golf R

18 x 7.5 VW part number Ronal 5KO 601 025H

Excellent condition.
    No curb marks, couple of minor scratches.
    Brand new Falken Ziex 225 x 40 x 18 tyres.

Was going to use these as my winter wheels but have decided to sell on to fund some track wheels.
    Need these to sell quickly so will also be going on Ebay.
    Sensible offers only please.
    • users Users: 1
    • guests Guests: 108