Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Posting pictures in for sale ads
on November 03, 2017, 07:50:48 AM
How can I post pictures in for sale ads?

Neither links from photobucket or Flickr work.
Re: Red steering wheel
Last Poster: Octoparrot in Mk5 General Area on Today at 07:32:46 PM
The extra heaviness wasn't a problem for me but the lack of self centring was a bit disconcerting

Re: RCD330, which canbus unit?
Last Poster: spicypixel in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Today at 07:30:42 PM
It has three major bugs on the 5314 firmware and one major bug on the 5515 firmware.

5314 Bugs:
Regularly asks to re-pair the bluetooth to the phone despite being done and showing on both devices as saved (you just hit yes and confirm pin and that's it).
Android auto works well, but using any bluetooth audio device (calling the assistant with the voice control

Clicking after engine off
Last Poster: Bo! in Mk5 General Area on Today at 07:15:25 PM
Apologies if this has been discussed already, but after finding nothin on a search I wanted to start a new thread.
My GTI has been making a clicking noise after I turn the engine off. Lasts for around 10 seconds max, is this normal or should I be concerned.

Re: Cruise control not working (mystery)
Last Poster: jhook661 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 07:01:47 PM
The green light doesn't come on/engage that's the problem

Re: Mk5 Golf Dynaudio Retrofit
Last Poster: MIJ_JAGGER in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Today at 06:10:46 PM
I have full dynaudio setup, speakers, amp and the wiring loom.
Taken out of a donor car.....its all in a massive box, sat in the garage.
For sale?

Re: Vw racing line panel filter
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Today at 05:55:57 PM
Get the Pipercross dry foam filter.  It's cheap enough to experiment with and replace every year.  You might bag 10 peak hp at 2+ levels of tune, but stage 1 and stock you won't notice much, if anything.

Fans draining battery
Last Poster: Ant b in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 05:54:23 PM
Hello went to start my car this morning and my battery’s flat making me late for a new job!
Jumped it drove there and was flat writhing 2 hours.just got home and my neibour did say my fans came on last night,so I’ve just waited to see and they do come on about 20 mins after,the only thing I’ve done is yesterday put my hid back in dip and led in full beam but they were both in

Re: Most power made on a standerd ko4
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Today at 05:53:02 PM
Haha I know it's been 'measured' on that particular dyno a few times, but if you revert back to science for a minute......to make a genuine 400hp, you need around 45lb/min mass flow rate through the engine - airbox inlet to tailpipe.  On a modern engine like the EA888 which has variable lift and duration on both cams, you can possibly push that much through with a big enough turbo.

Re: Parking Paranoia - Irrational Moi ?
Last Poster: AJP in Random Chat on Today at 05:01:48 PM
Top tip...

In a supermarket car park, look for a trolley bay (people invariably avoid parking next to them for some reason).

Reverse park tight to the trolley bay on your nearside. If you're any goo

Re: What socket do I need to tighten the new 12 point head (p/n WHT 002 795) drive s
Last Poster: SI-R32 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 04:15:58 PM
after snapping 2 1/2" breaker bars I bought 2 sets of these and welded the correct socket to a bit of inch bar to get them undone, then used the other set to do them back up, I have taken them off various times so to me the 30 odd quid was well spent in the end.

Re: My electronics are dying *Help*
Last Poster: SI-R32 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 02:43:58 PM
if vcds won't talk to the door module but will talk to everything else then that's telling me its the wiring to the module, basically the door module is parralled up with other modules on the convenience can that then goes to the gateway (can bus module 19)

so you really need to check you have 12v on big red and small red cables to make sure it has a supply to the module

Re: Another MPG thread
Last Poster: Mark_DF05 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 12:40:52 PM
Great. Thanks for the help, much appreciated!

Re: Passenger door
Last Poster: Red leader in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 11:42:46 AM
Thank you

Re: Diverter Valve (Including GFB DV+) How To With Photos on K03
Last Poster: probedb in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 11:27:17 AM
Yeah I had the dreaded stat fail last year and took two attempts to replace it as I was sold the wrong part so did the front panel new depo headlight timing belt and water pump and then did the stat the next weekend.
As long as they use all the parts in the GFB box you'll be fine  :smiley:
[

Re: What can I replace the CD changer with?
Last Poster: 6waysforward in Mk5 General Area on Today at 10:17:38 AM
I used this single din pocket but the clips that hold it in are a little to far back meaning the pocket doesnt click in and stay secure
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T1-Universal-Double-Din-to-Single-DIN-Car-Stereo-Pocket-Tray-Fascia-Adaptor/272741000607?epid=1605335432&hash=item3f80a1659f:g:mQwAAOxyVPJSIMY3

So i ordered this which cures it
https://www.ebay.co.uk

Re: Premium Watches to buy.
Last Poster: Pudding in Random Chat on Today at 09:57:36 AM
I believe @Pudding may be a fan of Finbarr Saunders.

I've never read Viz.  Shocking, I know!

Rear bumper in Reflex Silver (LA7W)
Last Poster: OEM+ DUB in Wanted on Today at 09:55:51 AM
Looking for an excellent condition genuine rear bumper in Reflex Silver for my GTI.

Based in Derbyshire and willing to collect within a reasonable distance.

Re: 2018 RNS510 maps
Last Poster: Dogma in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Today at 08:38:05 AM
Has anybody got a 2018 disc I could use please.
Hoping to update asap as going away in two weeks.

I was hoping the people on here could help out.....
I thought that's what we do...oh

Re: Candy White Golf GTI Ed. 30 - 5th track day at Estoril
Last Poster: teo_parvu in Members Rides on Today at 07:33:19 AM
Unfortunately this happened to my Reyland J-Hook discs:

I tried to clean them and do the bed in again, but I still had vibrations. After 2 trackdays with no more then 30 laps they cracked. Could be that APs will perform better.

Re: PB's 3rd MK5 GTI...New Warranty Wings
Last Poster: MPS in Members Rides on Yesterday at 11:49:57 PM
Wow, blindingly quick turn around! Mine was gone for weeks!

So after having rusty wings since i bought it i spoke with my local VW (VW Stafford) who said they couldn't help as they didn't have a bodyshop. He directed me to Marie at Inchscape Shrewsbury who was fantastic throughou

Shoutbox

Mk6 climatronic control unit - heated
£45.00
Single Image
    Postage: £5.00
    Delivery or Collection

Selling used mk6 climatronic control unit, heated version.
    45 delivered plus fees or a gift if paying by PayPal.

22/01 - 1 in stock, heated, 50 delivered.
    Mk6 golf gti gearknob
    £100.00
    Postage: £10.00
    Delivery Only

Taken from my mk5 today.
    Perfect condition
    Mk5 r32 storage part
    £50.00
    Postage: £10.00
    Delivery Only

Car going to be scrapped as a trade in so I'm selling off all the extra bits I added to it
    For sale 950 REDUCED
    £950.00
    Collection Only

07950955803

110k. Engine management light on the fault is showing inconsistent signal between crank and cam sensors idling lumpy but drives fine. Had 000's spent on her including crank and cam sensor timing belt timing chain 3 tyres with approx 2000 miles or less on them, new rear discs pads calipers, new rear springs. Ram air oversized induction kit (still have original airbox) Red gti matts.
    I really dont want to part with the car its my pride and joy but unfortunately I've run out of money to throw at her.
    No Mot as she will fail on emissions dues to the engine fault.
    Any further questions please drop me a message on here or email Rclewis2412@gmail.com
    Many thanks
    Sold
    Ed30 exhaust system
    £75.00
    Collection Only

Full system good condition from my ed30 for the 2.0 Tfsi inc catback downpipe and cat
    GTI grills
    £10.00
    Single Image
      Collection Only

Used great condition
      Ed30 springs
      £50.00
      Single Image
        Collection Only

Great condition full set of gti ed30 springs only
        Sold
        Vagbremtechnic 'J' Hooked 345mm Front Brake Discs
        £50.00
        Collection Only

S3 discs done a couple hundred miles great condition
        Sold
        ED30 front brake setup
        £75.00
        Collection Only

Removed from my ed30 great condition no lips on the discs and plenty of meat on the pagid pads. Complete setup
        Sold
        Genuine ed30 pescara bbs wheels  x2 pair of
        £300.00
        Single Image
          Collection Only

Up for grabs are a set of 4 bbs pescaras from the ed30 golf. Straight and true with no buckles in overall good condition with the odd bit of kurbing.

Two of the tyres are bold toyos and the other two are continentals with around 3-4mm. Two wheels are a slightly different shade of grey than the other two.

Also two centre caps are missing but this may be sorted by the time somebody collects them

5x112 18" 7.5j et51

Looking for 450 ono or i can offer a deal for wheels only freshly refurbished and powder coated for 550 no offers
          Various random parts
          £20.00
          Collection Only

Cruise control stalk and other small parts open to offers on them all

Cruise control now sold