Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Posting pictures in for sale ads
on November 03, 2017, 07:50:48 AM
How can I post pictures in for sale ads?

Neither links from photobucket or Flickr work.
Re: Maplins in Administration!
Last Poster: Dave J in Random Chat on Today at 11:36:27 PM
Was that the American side of the company? I read the UK MD had his salary more than doubled when the company was making a loss. There was a letter from Frank Fields MP to Stephen Knights (MD of Toys R Us) in Dec 2017 asking why the MD's salary had been increased from £356k in 2014, to £1m in 2015, to £1.3m in 2016 at the time of significant losses (under the 'management' of MD Rog

Re: White "Lion" Cupra - DSG converted track car
Last Poster: teo_parvu in Members Rides on Today at 09:06:00 PM
First, thank you guys for the suggestions.  :happy2:

Aren't those the side lamps that American cars have on the front bumper? Maybe you need to code yours for Europe? :confused:

I'll google and see what I cand find, maybe there is a bit somewhere and it will solv

Re: 1st VW - Black Edition 30
Last Poster: Raj2212 in Members Rides on Today at 09:01:04 PM
Looking really good with spacers.  :happy2:

Labour costs to replace oil pick up pipe ?
Last Poster: Raj2212 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 08:26:00 PM
Hello all,

Just after some advice, I've been thinking about changing my oil pick up pipe and having the sump cleaned. I'm on 111k atm, and no history of this being done.
Unfortunately I'm not able to do this myself. Wondering how much I should pay labour  wise to get it sorted ?  :happy2:

Also. Is it essential to have this done.

Broken window
Last Poster: andyp in Mk5 General Area on Today at 08:16:14 PM
Well this morning, I think I have snapped the plastic clips on my drivers window as little too impatient in the frost.  I’ve had a look but can’t seem to find the part numbers needed plus there are two different sorts I’ve found.  Would anyone be able to tell me exactly which ones I need please and poss part numbers.

Re: RCD330 with apple car play
Last Poster: Db4193 in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Today at 08:08:29 PM
What’s streaming music like from your phone anygood. And the Bluetooth is it clear

Yeah it's fine only difference really is the volume control is operational on your phone with bluetooth

Re: R32 road tax dates
Last Poster: Andy in Mk5 General Area on Today at 07:06:44 PM
Thanks for the information and comments, all very interesting, no you are right I would not dismiss the best car on the basis of the extra tax duty but if the choice arose I would prefer not to pay nearly twic

Re: Water pump replacement West London
Last Poster: colesey in Mk5 General Area on Today at 06:38:19 PM
Thanks Colesy.

Anyone else had work done by mechanics in West London they would recommend?

Well, I can certainly recommend giving Monaco VW a wide berth. They don’t honour VW’s fixed price for this work and I had a bad experience with them. So bad that I was force

Re: Gear needed for removing wheels
Last Poster: jaffa in Mk5 General Area on Today at 05:09:53 PM
1/2" was a few years ago but even i was surprised at the price normally everything is overpriced!

Re: Raj's United Grey GTi 2.0 DSG - Build Thread
Last Poster: Raj2212 in Members Rides on Today at 03:41:00 PM
Nice work! Careful with the bonnet insulation: At least on my Leon, there are some holes right above the motor which can leak directly on the coils. I used some silicone to cover them after I've removed the insulation.

Thanks for the advice [url=http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk

Re: Calipers - S3 8v Will they fit?
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Today at 03:02:18 PM
Well done Dickass for L&R discs, unlike VW's Clubsport S discs!

Re: Under tray
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Today at 02:58:03 PM
Dealer, + 8 new screws. 

I got one a couple of years ago.  It was only 40 quid or something.

Re: Exhaust & Downpipe set up query.
Last Poster: paulmcgrath in Performance Modifications on Today at 02:31:17 PM
I didnt buy it mate, the turbo went in my car. Its for sale in Ireland on adverts.ie

Re: Issues with RNS510 and Kufatec Fiscon
Last Poster: mrxbox360 in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Today at 02:09:26 PM
Hi id sugest you fit the correct to the proper VW Bluetooth module & get it coded correctly, this should sort out the issue

Re: Never seen or heard fan running.
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Today at 12:09:31 PM
Yeah that's a good sign of the big fan failing, and also the little one can run flat out more frequently to compensate.

It's wise to periodically check the fans.  They're normally so quiet you don't notice them.

Re: Part Number Help....
Last Poster: Eighteen88 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 11:47:30 AM
Recently had my car in getting the winter wheels changed and I can’t find the locking key for the wheel nut, does anyone know the part number so I can buy a replacement.
If its a proper vw Key you need

Re: Offside rear wheel sticking out further than the nearside?!
Last Poster: winspaa in Mk5 General Area on Today at 11:22:21 AM
Wheels are the same offsets, no spacers are on there either so looks like i'll have to get them aligned up!

Cheers for the replies guys.

Re: VWR Intake disappointing
Last Poster: Pudding in Performance Modifications on Today at 10:37:53 AM
Sure thing  :happy2:   I'm sure between ITG, Racingline and customer feedback, a decent solution can be found  :smiley:

Re: Boost Freaking out and high fuel pressure target is just 110 bar
Last Poster: Pudding in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 09:58:21 AM
Maybe the GIAC map is just smoother.  Smooth is always faster than aggressive wheel spinning spikes.....but it just doesn't feel it on the butt dyno.

Ya, diesels make a lot more power than petrol low down which makes them feel thrusty, but they're a bit premature ejaculation really.  It's all over way too soon.

Re: G's Black GTI
Last Poster: teo_parvu in Members Rides on Today at 07:08:44 AM
Looks good!  :happy2:
Are those CH wheels genuine?
Any future plans?

BBS VZ 18” Wheels mint
Single Image
    Collection Only

For sale are my mint condition BBS VZ 18” by 8” et 44 .

Perfect fitment for the mk5

Bought new around 4-5 months ago from Rimstyle.

As new condition, come with center caps, bbs valve covers , new bolts and locking nut set

For sale
    Single Image
      Postage: £2.00
      Delivery or Collection

Have for sale a pair of LED number plate lights or can sell 3 of required but add is for a pair. Cheap to get rid.

Part number of LEDS - 1k8 943 021 c

Any questions just pm or call me on 07745645595

Thanks for looking. Few more parts available just look at my other posts or message me. Have a few steering wheels etc available also
      2009 Pirelli  no longer for sale - sorry
      Single Image
        Collection Only

Hi all ......

Have my mint condition 2009 DSG Pirelli edition for sale .
        12 months mot
        58500 miles
        4 owners
        Full service history
        PS4 Tyres with loads of tread
        Serviced at :
        9k 18k 24k 36k inc plugs/timing belt/water pump /dsg 39k 45k 50k 56k inc timing belt /water pump /plugs

Top quality mods :

Wave track Lsd
        Eibach arbs
        Polar FIS display
        Vogtland coilovers ( done 300 miles , rebranded KW V1’s)
        Audi TTRS Ali front wish bones
        Audi S3 Ali ended intercooler
        Audi S3 front /rear brakes ... front have brand new discs /pads 1k ago
        Milltek turbo back non res exhaust
        Revo DSG map
        REVO Stage 2 software inc sps controller
        Whiteline ALK
        Revo lower engine mount, brand new upper mounts with powerflex inserts
        Revo induction kit
        Audi engine cover
        Ali paddles ( not cheap stuck on ones !)
        Pressed plates
        Kenwood vw specific head unit ( cost me £950 3 months ago )

Ive also recently had the main thermostat replaced

The car is coming up to its service time , which is also its 2nd dsg service .... this will be done prior to sale .

This car is a very well setup capable gti and Has had a small fortune spent on it , very good condition inside and out and has all the invoices to back it all up .
        2006 Mk5 GTi 3 Door - United Grey, Manual, 80k Miles
        Single Image
          Collection Only

The time has come for me to sell my beloved completely standard GTi.  It is a petrol, manual, 3 door car with 80,000 miles on the clock in great condition.  The MOT is due in August 2018.  I am the cars 4th owner.

I have received a company car with my new job, so the Golf will sit not getting used, which I don't think is fair.  I have owned this car for 3.5 years (putting 14,000 miles on it) and have never had any problems with it at all.  It took me 8 months to find this car and it was worth waiting for it.  The previous owner was also a Golf enthusiast and was only selling the car to upgrade at the time to a Mk6 GTi.  The car comes with FSH, I also had the oil and oil filter changed yesterday for the cars new owner.

The car comes in united grey with cloth interior (no bolster damage) and 18" Monza alloys.  It also comes with factory fitted Xenon headlights and highline clocks.  The only modifications done to this car are that the previous owner put GTi seat inserts in the car as many forum members have done, also I took out the standard radio and installed a RCD510 and a new CANBus to stop battery drain.

I changed the cam follower around 8,000 miles ago, the PCV 4 months ago, and the diverter valve has been checked throughout my ownership and is in perfect working order.  I changed the front discs and pads on the car around 1500 miles ago so these are near enough new.

The car is cleaned religiously every weekend (as long as weather is ok), and is regularly polished and waxed to keep it in the best condition possible.  The engine bay is also cleaned and dressed a couple of times a year to keep it looking as new.  There is no rust or dents etc to the bodywork.

Bad points:

The alloys wheels could do with a refurb.  These were previously powder coated in a shadow chrome type finish, however 2 are scuffed and all have started to bubble slightly around the valve (been told this is normal after a few years).  Would cost £200 to have these refurbed.

The two front wings are bubbling slightly.  I have tried to have these repaired under warranty however VW said they had been previously painted and the paint depth is too deep to claim under warranty.  Two new wings can be bought pre painted in united grey for £200 from eBay.  The seller was recommended to me by a fellow forum member.  I had planned to have the wings changed and alloys refurbed in April/May once all the grit/salt was off the roads.

Both front tyres will soon need replaced as they are approaching the legal limit.

Other than these points the car is in excellent condition and really has been looked after by me, it will make a great car for its new owner.

I have probably forgot some details.  If you need any more information just either reply to this advert or sent me PM.  Looking for £4350 ovno.
          mk6 golf gti 2010
          Single Image
            Collection Only

Immaculate example
            very well looked after
            reluctant sale
            81k will rise slightly, as it's daily driver
            Late 2010, 2011 spec with led rear lights
            Full heated leather
            18" monza with 4 good tyres
            mot for 12months
            Rns 510 Sat nav with VW bluetooth
            Auto lights and wipers
            New clutch 14k ago
            Paintwork has gtrechniq paint protection.

Can meet at Belfast City or international airports. Both are extremely close to Belfast port with routes to Scotland and england
            Dublin for places further south in england and wales
            Full service history, Red, 3 owners
            • users Users: 6
            • guests Guests: 134