Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

*** NEW FORUM PLEA - JANUARY 2017 ***
on January 07, 2017, 02:35:36 PM

:pomppomp: For anyone who wishes to donate just click on the link below  :pomppomp:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=LGHF5VDSC6AQL

Dear Faithful Members,

It's time again for us to ask for your help, Our forum funds have run out again and we need your support to top up the kitty to keep the site running, and to maintain it's independence (from sponsors etc).

So please dig deep and drop some funds to the cause via the link above  :happy2:

Thanks,

Re: Luke's GTI Build Thread - Update 24/04/2017 Pickup Pipe & Full Service
Last Poster: lukemk5gti in Members Rides on Today at 08:49:47 AM
To be honest, I'd say I've stripped 99% of it out since I did in fact take the sump off at the time.

I'll change the oil again in 5,000 miles so she'll be ok until then!

Re: Common issues
Last Poster: GTIEagles in Mk5 General Area on Today at 08:24:59 AM
Step this way!  :grin: https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/volkswagen/golf-gti-mk5-mk6/volkswagen-golf-mk5-gti-------------------2005/7143962

All the common problems have been sorted and it's been owned by a very fussy owner!

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: shaunnorris7 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 08:24:40 AM
So glad to have mine back. Was in body shop for 2 weeks then away being wrapped for over a week..

Re: RCD330 with apple car play
Last Poster: xs2man in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Today at 07:48:16 AM
Are the ones on ebay what people are buying ? After an upgrade for my mk5 and they seem to be priced at 130 ish on ebay .

Also do they work with android

Also looking to upgrade my stereo, and am tempted by this.  Although it needs to work with android.  The

Re: Spring suggestions
Last Poster: Stig_gti in Mk5 General Area on Today at 07:10:31 AM
Hope you don't mind @Stig_gti thoughtbid post here as I'm looking into the same thing so rather not post another thread!!!  :drinking:

I'm looking for 15mm springs and do any companies do them?.

Thanks<

Re: Coolant hose Info
Last Poster: The Red Warrior in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 06:36:04 AM
Is this the hose that connects to the hard pipe with a spring clip and then disappears around the back of the engine somewhere?
Why do you need to replace it?

Re: '06 Reflex Silver GTI
Last Poster: stomper in Members Rides on Today at 06:25:13 AM
Cheers guys, the wheels aren't perfect up close and will need a refurb at some point but don't clean up too badly

Arm rest sliding
Last Poster: Azz160 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 03:56:01 AM
Had a quick search but could find anythin

Has any had an issue with the arm rest constantly back to its original position all the time? If so, have any of you managed to fix it? Mines been doing it since ive had the car and its really startin to annoy me now

Re: Suggestions For a Socket Set?
Last Poster: Ashjstarr in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 11:40:49 PM
Halfords advanced  :happy2: good quality and lifetime warranty  (which reminds me, i need to go and replace my breaker bar) :signLOL:

I bought mine small set at a time as they do the modular trays, but im sure it would be cheaper in the long run to geta full set like this one http://www.halfords.com/workshop-tools/tools/socket-sets/halfords-advanced-200-piece-socket-and-

Re: Recent Purchases Picture Thread!!
Last Poster: r5gtt in Random Chat on Yesterday at 11:16:50 PM
H&R lowering springs, recently fitted.

Whiteline Roll bars will be fitted today!

Cant wait
booooo  :signLOL:

Re: Anyone retrofitted 4th generation door modules?
Last Poster: r5gtt in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 11:10:00 PM
I think all 4th gen modules allow folding mirror that can be coded with VCDS in the adaption settings.

Atleast the modules from Passat and Touran does :)
3rd Gen modules auto fold mirrors if programmed and Alex retro does this for you as I'm going down soon to get mine co

Re: Your driving pet peeves...
Last Poster: Dave J in Random Chat on Yesterday at 11:01:12 PM
I had one yesterday. It's ignorant / arrogant / unconsiderate / impatient drivers.

So, I was queuing in the RH lane to go right on a roundabout in town.  Indicator on, traffic was coming from the right which then filled and blocked my exit. Somehow, I must have missed a miniscule gap to force my way through the queuing traffic, to which the 'gentleman' in the VW UP behi

Silicone coolant hoses for 2.0TDI.
Last Poster: Christiank in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:55:02 PM
Yeah.. Mine are abit worn and since I'm changing the cambelt, waterpump, intercooler etc I want to replace the coolant hoses too.

Anyone got an idea if there's other brands that Forge who produce this for the 2.0TDI BKD 140PD engine?

Re: New speeding fines
Last Poster: r5gtt in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:54:23 PM
Speedos are as said calibrated differently but what gets me wound up is if you do 21 mph in a 20 31 in a 30 and so forth you will get fined and points  :thinking: what kind of ***kery is this  :stupid:

Re: Golf Mk5 GTI 05 Plate, What springs and bushes?
Last Poster: peter_booker2003 in Members Rides on Yesterday at 10:11:09 PM
So...as some of you may have spotted, I'm now the owner of a lovely Red ED30 so this is now for sale.

Will be really sad to see this go as I have loved every minute of ownership.

£4200 ono for anyone possibly interested.

Re: Edition 30 issues (revs fluctuating/jerky dsg)
Last Poster: Sam1008 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 10:00:41 PM
Latest update on this one...

Changed the fuel filter and noticed one of the intercooler pipes wasn't on correctly over the weekend so that was replaced too. Unfortunately, no luck with any of the issues.

Also changed both of the rear calipers and that seems to have sorted the dodgy caliper!

Bad news though is that the dsg has now started to pull its

Uprated engine mounts
Last Poster: oak_grun in Wanted on Yesterday at 09:39:25 PM
Anyone selling a set of Uprated engine mounts for a edition 30?

Re: Re attaching rear view mirror
Last Poster: Richie-VRS in Cosmetic/Interior Modifications on Yesterday at 09:20:29 PM
This is the tape I mean, just remembered it's not called number plate tape, comes in a few different sized rolls.

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=255230&productId=753051&storeId=10001

Re: EddieFosts' Tornado Red GTI - Stage 3 BYD
Last Poster: EddieFosts in Members Rides on Yesterday at 08:35:26 PM
Cheers bud! I honestly don't push the car hard enough for it to kick in most of the time, but certainly don't have any complaints! Handles very well in all situations :]

Re: Where to buy the NGK-BKR7EIX spark plugs today?
Last Poster: fazi123 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:34:30 PM
Hi,

Please find pics to show what I meant by "Burnt out".

First 2 from the Drivers side of the engine - the tips are "cleaner".
[img width=589 height=786]http://i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p482/faz12321/23ED5C2C-BA37-4447-8C80-CD0B25CEF900_zp

Shoutbox

TTRS/Brembo 4 Pots Brake Kit
£600.00
Collection Only

Originally supplied and fitted by AKS, I have a 340mm TTRS/Brembo brake kit for sale.

The kit comes with Brembo 340mm discs, standard Pagid pads, HEL Lines and the fitting kit required. I also have the original TTRS brackets as well.
The calipers are in good condition but do have a few marks here and there. The discs and pads are used but only for a couple of months so have very little wear.

Collection is preferred but may be able to meet in Bracknell over the coming weeks.
Votex Front Splitter
£170.00
Collection Only

Genuine Votex front splitter. Bought from Kunzmann in Germany, these were over £200 new in primer.
As you can see from the pics it needs a respray. Comes with original fitting kit. Painted in LC5J Laser Blue

To add I believe this will fit anything with the GTI style grill, so facelift mk5 GTTDI, Jetta etc

£170 Collected. Cash on collection
Sold
R32/Ed30 Side Skirts 5 Door
£115.00
Postage: undefined
undefined

Genuine R32/ED30 side skirts. In good condition, no broken lugs, possibly a few storage marks. If for a show car or perfectionist would need a respray. These used to retail for £290+ each at one point. Painted in LC5J Laser Blue

£115 Collected Cash on collection
R32 Rear lower bumper
£160.00
Collection Only

Genuine R32 lower bumper.  In good condition, possibly a few storage marks. If for a show car or perfectionist would need a respray. The lower bumper has had a bit either side of the centre section removed so my quad exhuast could fit but this has no impact on the original diffuser fitting. Painted in LC5J Laser Blue

£160.00 Collected Cash on collection
Anthracite Speedline Turini 5x112 8j et42 bridgestone potenza
£700.00
Collection Only

Speedline Turini in anthracite.
5x112
ET42
8j
225/40/18 Bridgestone Potenza 5-6mm all round

I just want to say that unless you want to buy the wheels then please do not comment.

These are pretty rare and don't seem to come up very often and I'm massively conflicted selling them but these will look great on any car coming into the show season so ideal time to pick a set up.

No kerb marks or repairs as the pictures will show.

Comes with another set of bolts and locking nuts aswell.

Pricing up a new set with cheap tyres is just under £1300. With premium tyres as above is just under £1500.

Located in Nottingham.

£700
Sachs Race Engineering SRE paddle clutch and uprated pressure plate
£250.00
Postage: £0.00
Delivery Only

Pressure plate and paddle clutch disc for sale

Used but only 0.2mm wear on friction disc (pic 3 shows this, as it should be 9.4mm (as measured on a new organic friction disc in the background)). Please check part numbers online as there are no returns on these items.

Uprated Pressure Plate 883082 001422
http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/sachs-sre-performance-pressure-plate-for-6-speed-02q-dual-mass-flywheel.html
http://www.clutchstop.co.uk/products/sachs-performance-clutch-pressure-plate-883082-001422.html

Sintered Paddle Disc 881864 999505
http://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/sachs-sre-performance-clutch-disc-for-6-speed-02q-dual-mass-flywheel.html
http://www.clutchstop.co.uk/products/sachs-performance-clutch-disc-881864-999505.html

A very small part of 1 paddle surface damage during removal/storage (pic 4), but this won't affect performance/balance.

The prices on the links at DS and CS exclude VAT. For racing use only, this is very much on/off, so this is very daily driver UNFRIENDLY.

Prices to sell, so grab a bargain! I accept PayPal and free delivery on these. I will not split.

More pics available on request.

Cheers

Stu
18" BBS Speedlines
£275.00
Collection Only

Genuine 18" BBS Speedlines 2 Piece Split wheels

Came off an A3. Centres are in good condition. Lips/barrels could do with a refurb.

5x112
ET 54
7.5J

Will fit most VAG cars so Audi, seat, skoda, and VW.

Courier available or collection
19" BBS Speedlines
£300.00
Collection Only

I bought a set of BBS speedlines as a project but haven't got the time to finish them so I need to get rid.

Specs:
19"
2 piece split wheels
5X112
front wheels are 8.5J et41
rear wheels are 9j et48
titanium bolts

I started to strip them and got them acid dipped as they were previously poorly refurbished. Some of the bolt heads have stripped off leaving the thread still in the barrels so they need machining out. I have already had one done by a machine shop and can get the others done aswell for an extra cost if required. You will need more titanium bolts which can be bought off ebay quite easily.

1 wheel has been split and the other 3 need splitting
Apart from the obvious refurbed required there are no dents, cracks, or buckles.

Collection or courier available from liverpool