Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

*** NEW FORUM PLEA - JANUARY 2017 ***
on January 07, 2017, 02:35:36 PM

:pomppomp: For anyone who wishes to donate just click on the link below  :pomppomp:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=LGHF5VDSC6AQL

Dear Faithful Members,

It's time again for us to ask for your help, Our forum funds have run out again and we need your support to top up the kitty to keep the site running, and to maintain it's independence (from sponsors etc).

So please dig deep and drop some funds to the cause via the link above  :happy2:

Thanks,

Re: Front wing rust warranty success!!
Last Poster: Golfmk5GTD in Mk5 General Area on Today at 11:07:42 PM
I've successfully manged to get my wings changed over today by VW approved Inchcape bodyshop in Audenshaw Manchester. These guys were really quick in getting back to me with updates and booking the car and very good service.

After seeing the recent pictures posted on a grey Golf I was worried about the end result. However they've done a top job on matching the colour. H

GTI polybushes
Last Poster: Black9 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 11:03:31 PM
My cars having both rear wheel bearings replaced so considering fitting some polybushes as well. 2 issues I have,

At slow speeds when in first gear driving, if I come off the accelerator I hear a knocking noise. Sounds like it's coming from the centre towards the front.. just had 2 drop links on the front so not that. Also the main engine mount is polybushed so not that.

MFSW Steering buttons programming query
Last Poster: Golfmk5GTD in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Today at 10:57:50 PM
Hello people, I hope all is well.

So as mentioned in my build thread I managed to recently upgrade my steering wheel to a MFSW with controls.

In order to ge

Re: Grey Golf Mk5 GTD 170 DSG - MFSW FITTED
Last Poster: Golfmk5GTD in Members Rides on Today at 10:42:42 PM
So its been a good few days/weeks...

First of all I've managed to get the MFSW fitted and coded by Awesome GTI in Manchester. As mentioned above I also got cruise control fitted at the same time. A big shout out to them for the quality service and job!  :jumpmove:

I found the standard paddles to small so picked up some DSG paddle extenders.

[

Re: GOLF 5GTI/OETTINGER/AWD/STRONIC/GTX GEN2 3076/ 700PS+/0-402 MTRS 10.2 SEC/1520kg
Last Poster: MIJ_JAGGER in Members Rides on Today at 10:07:48 PM
This build is absolutely epic!! Legend

Re: Eddy 30, the standard trim vs normal GTI
Last Poster: Ganan53 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 10:01:13 PM
Mine is a 05 GTI (not Ed30) with heated seats. My question is: why do I have headlight washers if I don't have xenons?  :thinking:

Lol, I thought the same thing. I'm looking at a Eddy 30, and I needed up quizzing the owner whether it had been in a front end collision. Poor

Re: Ollie's 2012 Rising Blue 6 R
Last Poster: ED30Matt91 in MK6 Members Rides on Today at 09:14:37 PM
Favorite car on here wouldn't change a thing, rising blue is the one.

Re: For Sale section
Last Poster: Andy in Mk5 General Area on Today at 09:10:11 PM
sure is :happy2:

Re: Another GTI (number 3). This time an Edition 30 no. 1256
Last Poster: JGTTDI in Members Rides on Today at 08:06:58 PM
Looks great Greg, it was my younger brothers Clio 182 you bought.

When he had his Clio I had a 172 Cup but sold that on and back in a MK5 myself.

Looking forward to the updates.

Cheers J

High Pressure Fuel Pump MK5 GTI
Last Poster: Scottymon in Wanted on Today at 07:21:43 PM
Hi,

Looking for a HPFP for Mk5 GTI, mine doesn't have the Banjo connector

Part Number is: 06F 127 025 H

( or newer )

Cheers  :happy2:

Re: Rcd300 aux
Last Poster: Colinspence in Mk5 General Area on Today at 06:56:22 PM
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322563517738

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/263050027034

These also show track and artist info while playing the radio and I'm sure you can add a cd changer too !

Re: Oil pick up carbon build up.
Last Poster: Pesky jones in Technical Workshop on Today at 05:43:44 PM
Miller's nanodrive 5w40. Did you use the engine flush with the sump and pick up pipe off? It might not have all flushed out yet. I wouldn't use it again

Re: Cream Leather Interior - New Parts?
Last Poster: DaveyBoyWonder in Mk5 General Area on Today at 05:16:34 PM
Cheers smithy, I'll give tps a go

Re: R5GTT'S Donno know what im doing but it's gonna be good
Last Poster: r5gtt in Members Rides on Today at 04:22:25 PM
Weird that give them a call might have to go back over to them.
I will booking my stage 2 soonish just need to sort an intercooler then I'm ready there a good bunch r tech.
Hope you get it sorted mate
i wouslnt mess about and just go straight to 2+ you'll love the end result 

Re: Thinking of buying a MK5 GTI as my daily.
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Today at 02:42:46 PM
Lol I don't know how some of you only get 18 mpg out of your GTi's ... you must be permanently booting it everywhere.

I'm in constant stop / start traffic 5x a week for week on the M5 and M6, still put my foot down a lot in between traffic jams and round A / B roads when I have clear roa

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: killarag in Mk5 General Area on Today at 01:43:03 PM
Fitted FreshMods UK's Projector headlights in yesterday and stuck the MK7 side emblems on the car

Sent from my iPhone using Tapat

Re: Polar fis alternatives
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Today at 12:43:56 PM
Didn't like the Polar FIS.  It's not suited to the sluggish response time of the MFD imo.  For example, a reading like boost which is up and down all the time, it was just a blur on mine.  Same with other readings that update frequently.  VCDS or a phone app would probably be better in that respect....I just wish Ross Tech would get with the times and offer something decent for a p

Shoutbox

BBS VZ wheels
£500.00
Collection Only

BBS VZ with Vredestein Ultrac-Sessanta tyres.

8J x 18

ET44

Tyres all down to 3mm, with slightly more wear on the inside edges.

One wheel has 4mm of light curbing. Another wheel has 40mm of light curbing and a lightly scratched spoke. Small amount of brake dust in the paint but they still clean up very well. Everything I've mentioned is pictured.
H+R springs
£120.00
Single Image
    Postage: £10.00
    Delivery or Collection

H+R springs, 29176.

They've lost a small amount of paint but good condition overall.
    H+R springs
    £120.00
    Single Image
      Postage: £10.00
      Delivery or Collection

H+R springs, 29261.

Slight surface rust but good condition overall. As you can see they are still on the shocks but I will seperate them for the sale unless someone is also interested in shocks etc.
      VW GOLF MK5 Single Din facia
      £20.00
      Single Image
        Collection Only

VW single DIN fascia (1K0857058A1QB) which has a storage compartment under. It's a one piece (no pop out pocket) and is OEM including the fitted rubber tray insert (1K08581699B9). These together retail for £35 from VW. Condition like new. This is far better than any aftermarket version.

Collection from Bramley (between Reading & Basingstoke) or Swindon. Also have Pioneer unit and steering control patch leads in the for sale section.
        Connects2 CTSVW002.2
        £25.00
        Single Image
          Collection Only

This is the CTSVW002.2 and CTMULTILEAD.2 to be used with aftermarket headunits to allow the continued use of the steering wheel controls. The multi lead can be used for most head unit brands. Retails at £39. Bought with the pioneer unit in Jan (also in for sale section).

Car compatibility see below:

http://www.connects2.co.uk/Product/ProductItem/CTSVW002.2

Collection from either Bramley (between Reading & Basingstoke) or Swindon.
          Pioneer MVH-X580DAB
          £100.00
          Single Image
            Collection Only

Unit brought in Jan..bought a Beemer now so this will look out of place. Still like new..Included is BT mic, DAB aerial & amplified fm/am aerial (double fakra type). This lot combined retails at £140/£150 so grab a bargain. Can be collected from either Bramley (which is between Reading & Basingstoke) or Swindon. Spec below:

https://www.pioneer-car.eu/it/en/products/mvh-x580dab
            Colour instrument cluster for mk5
            £139.00
            Postage: £0.00
            Delivery Only

Selling Tiguan colour cluster that could be fitted to mk5. It's petrol LHD version, but dials can be changed. 139 delivered.