Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Posting pictures in for sale ads
on November 03, 2017, 07:50:48 AM
How can I post pictures in for sale ads?

Neither links from photobucket or Flickr work.
Re: VWR Intake disappointing
Last Poster: JamesED30 in Performance Modifications on Yesterday at 10:53:27 PM
I received one of these kits 3x weeks ago, but the weather has been too poor to attempt fitting it every day I’ve been off.
When did VWR update the kits?

Re: White "Lion" Cupra - DSG converted track car
Last Poster: teo_parvu in Members Rides on Yesterday at 10:11:57 PM
Thanks buddy! I really hope so, looking back maybe I should’ve choose the smarter option to sell and buy a new one.  :thinking:

15% off oils at Opie
Last Poster: Lewo in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:56:45 PM
For those that don't know.
Topped up the Millers.

Re: Josh’s Pirelli edition
Last Poster: Bodyboarder81 in Members Rides on Yesterday at 09:19:03 PM
Glad to hear you're happy with the coilovers mate they are really good for the money. Sorry to see you're sell though hope it go

Re: Mk2 Golf 3.2 VR6 Kamei Edition + GTI 8v Mini Resto
Last Poster: th3_f15t in Other VAG on Yesterday at 07:29:39 PM
Got the 9" brake servo all painted up and fitted, involved taking everything up to the TB off again which was a tad annoying. Also discovered that the pedal sits further towards the firewall when installed with this servo so the 8v brake light switch doesn't work with it, but adapted it for the short term until I get a proper switch:

[img w

Golf MK5 Key fob replacements part numbers
Last Poster: owdi in Technical Workshop on Yesterday at 07:21:38 PM
Was looking online at MK5 golf remote key fob replacements and there seems to be a mixture of information that some keys are sold as 315 Mhz for and some as 434 Mhz for the remote fob, which is correct?

I also see part numbers of 1K0959753P and 1K0959753H.

Can anyone clear this one up please?

Re: IC Pipe Oil leak
Last Poster: neilw in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 05:32:58 PM

Re: MK5 GTI DSG 5dr
Last Poster: jaynemc in Wanted on Yesterday at 05:09:40 PM
Not sorted yet ....... still looking ........  :driver:

Re: Part Number Help....
Last Poster: SI-R32 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 04:18:35 PM
Recently had my car in getting the winter wheels changed and I can’t find the locking key for the wheel nut, does anyone know the part number so I can buy a replacement.
If its a proper vw Key you need, count number of splines to fit your bolt, pop onto eBay and type in vw locking ke

Re: Anyone Want to Take Over the Forum?
Last Poster: Dave J in Random Chat on Yesterday at 03:59:49 PM
This is exceptionally sad to hear. Apart from the monetary cost, what does running the forum involve?

Re: New Windscreen required - Good result so far
Last Poster: mjmallia in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 03:19:32 PM
What windscreen company and insurance did you use

Re: My little MK5 2.0TDI R-line build thread
Last Poster: doylebros in Members Rides on Yesterday at 02:25:29 PM
Your time, effort and money spent, have shown great resolve on your part, in over coming such a range of really interesting problems, encountered by undertaking such a challenging project.
Well done to you.

Re: Pirelli Edition - Register
Last Poster: oisinc in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 02:14:26 PM

Can we get this register tidied up please.. not sure why there are discussion posts going on here considering all the other places for them..  :confused:

Re: Gloss,satin or Matt grill ???
Last Poster: Tuffy in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 01:32:50 PM
Found a complete new grill on eBay for £32 delivered..... I figure time I’ve messed about prepping the grill and buying primer and top coat.... I may as well give this a go

Re: Vcds cable
Last Poster: oak_grun in Wanted on Yesterday at 08:44:30 AM
Still looking if anyone is selling..

Re: Rough idle (again)
Last Poster: Graham1990 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 07:57:43 AM
Morning all,  just had the engine smoke tested and there is a leak from one of the little plastic pipes that clip onto the pcv! Fingers crossed replacing this will solve my problem. Does anyone have recommendations on getting rid of the pcv? Just buying a blanking kit and putting that on. Or should I just replace the plastic pipe and keep the pcv all how it is ?

Re: Custom spoiler
Last Poster: Rigsby in Mk5 General Area on March 16, 2018, 10:35:42 PM
Spoiler is bonded on, apparently it can be removed though with patience

Never seen or heard fan running.
Last Poster: Mk5. EWC in Mk5 General Area on March 16, 2018, 10:03:11 PM
I've never seen or heard the fan running on my mk5. I do motorway journeys as well as the occasional short journey but haven't heard it even in traffic. I've never had any problems with the temperature going up or any coolant problems. Any ideas?

Re: P000A code
Last Poster: Graham1990 in Mk5 General Area on March 16, 2018, 09:52:13 PM
Alright lads,

I’ve plugged my car into the proper vcds today, it’s very confusing 😆. Wasn’t 100% of what I was looking at but no misfires were logged so it’s not a misfire on idle just feels like a misfire 🤔. Also the only thing that looked strange to me was the ignition timing angle on engine 01 group 010. It was jumping from 3 to 19.5 sat on tick over. Does this seem n

RNS510, LED version C
Single Image
    Postage: £0.00
    Delivery or Collection

Version 680 C, with LED screen and star button
    Great condition - all working.
    Video in motion Unlocked
    Updated to work with old CAN gateways so not to cause battery drain.
    Dension DAB receiver - RNS510, MDI
    Single Image
      Delivery or Collection

Dension DAB USB Receiver
      Ideal solution for any car with a USB input through MDI, AMI or MMI.
      Useful for RNS510 via USB through the MDI. Works just as OEM.

Aerial not included - can be purchased for £10 from ebay.

£110 delivered.
      2006 Mk5 GTi 3 Door - United Grey, Manual, 80k Miles
      Single Image
        Collection Only

The time has come for me to sell my beloved completely standard GTi.  It is a petrol, manual, 3 door car with 80,000 miles on the clock in great condition.  The MOT is due in August 2018.  I am the cars 4th owner.

I have received a company car with my new job, so the Golf will sit not getting used, which I don't think is fair.  I have owned this car for 3.5 years (putting 14,000 miles on it) and have never had any problems with it at all.  It took me 8 months to find this car and it was worth waiting for it.  The previous owner was also a Golf enthusiast and was only selling the car to upgrade at the time to a Mk6 GTi.  The car comes with FSH, I also had the oil and oil filter changed yesterday for the cars new owner.

The car comes in united grey with cloth interior (no bolster damage) and 18" Monza alloys.  It also comes with factory fitted Xenon headlights and highline clocks.  The only modifications done to this car are that the previous owner put GTi seat inserts in the car as many forum members have done, also I took out the standard radio and installed a RCD510 and a new CANBus to stop battery drain.

I changed the cam follower around 8,000 miles ago, the PCV 4 months ago, and the diverter valve has been checked throughout my ownership and is in perfect working order.  I changed the front discs and pads on the car around 1500 miles ago so these are near enough new.

The car is cleaned religiously every weekend (as long as weather is ok), and is regularly polished and waxed to keep it in the best condition possible.  The engine bay is also cleaned and dressed a couple of times a year to keep it looking as new.  There is no rust or dents etc to the bodywork.

Bad points:

The alloys wheels could do with a refurb.  These were previously powder coated in a shadow chrome type finish, however 2 are scuffed and all have started to bubble slightly around the valve (been told this is normal after a few years).  Would cost £200 to have these refurbed.

The two front wings are bubbling slightly.  I have tried to have these repaired under warranty however VW said they had been previously painted and the paint depth is too deep to claim under warranty.  Two new wings can be bought pre painted in united grey for £200 from eBay.  The seller was recommended to me by a fellow forum member.  I had planned to have the wings changed and alloys refurbed in April/May once all the grit/salt was off the roads.

Both front tyres will soon need replaced as they are approaching the legal limit.

Other than these points the car is in excellent condition and really has been looked after by me, it will make a great car for its new owner.

I have probably forgot some details.  If you need any more information just either reply to this advert or sent me PM.  Looking for £4500 ovno, however, if the car is bought before Wednesday 21st March by a forum member i will accept £4300. This is due to me leaving to work away for a few days on Wednesday which is something i will be doing a lot more of unfortunately.
        Self tinted rear lights, R32 Style
        Delivery or Collection

No bulb packs, could do with a fresh coat of lacquer to be 100% happy.
        BBS VZ 18” Wheels mint
        Single Image
          Collection Only

For sale are my mint condition BBS VZ 18” by 8” et 44 .

Perfect fitment for the mk5

Bought new around 4-5 months ago from Rimstyle.

As new condition, come with center caps, bbs valve covers , new bolts and locking nut set

• users Users: 2
          • guests Guests: 71