Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

*** NEW FORUM PLEA - JANUARY 2017 ***
on January 07, 2017, 02:35:36 PM

:pomppomp: For anyone who wishes to donate just click on the link below  :pomppomp:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=LGHF5VDSC6AQL

Dear Faithful Members,

It's time again for us to ask for your help, Our forum funds have run out again and we need your support to top up the kitty to keep the site running, and to maintain it's independence (from sponsors etc).

So please dig deep and drop some funds to the cause via the link above  :happy2:

Thanks,

Re: Newbie from Scotland
Last Poster: Ben_jammin in New Member Intro's on Today at 12:33:20 PM
Welcome, also my first VW and had hondas before, what have you had?
Also, car looks awesome so far!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Make it feel new again
Last Poster: fab5freddy in Mk5 General Area on Today at 12:22:23 PM
As above, the engine mounts would be my first port of call

Re: RNS 510 behind
Last Poster: Pashka in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Today at 12:19:37 PM
Give some time or check your GPS arial.

Re: Edition 30 Genuine Centre caps
Last Poster: grey golfster in Mk5 General Area on Today at 12:17:09 PM
Don't know the part numbers, but will vouch for the seller in the link. Silverwagen have been good over 3 or 4 deals.

Re: Plastic dressing front bumper inserts
Last Poster: AliGTI in Detailing on Today at 12:05:37 PM
I was having the same dilemma a few weeks back. Where I work sells things called foam brushes. Type foam brush in to ebay and you'll see them. I used a 1" for all grilles. The product I used was AM trim from AM Detailing. Happy coating!

Re: Wanted old set of mfsw buttons
Last Poster: axsweb in Wanted on Today at 12:04:15 PM

I've got these ones

And these ones I don't mind giving any

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re: Golf MK5 1.9 TDI GTB2260VK 250BHP Quaife Diff CAE Shifter
Last Poster: rich83 in Members Rides on Today at 11:47:52 AM
CAE shifters are ridiculous money.

Cannot justify it at all.

Because race car. Justification. :happy2:

Can justify a f*ck load of gay stickers.... cant j

Re: poor mpg...
Last Poster: Kai96 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 11:27:43 AM
Mines significantly dropped to since the winters kicked in, so I think the cold weather doesn't help unfortunately

Re: Simple pressure instructions...
Last Poster: AliGTI in Mk5 General Area on Today at 11:09:55 AM
When I was on MPSS I settled on 33psi after a bit of trial and error, more to find a bit of ride quality than anything else.

35+ was quite crashy. Just that 2 pounds less made a huge difference to how the car felt over the usual crap roads at low speed. I didn't notice any negative effects i

Re: Luke's GTI Build Thread - Update 29/09/2016 GFB DV+ Installed
Last Poster: Zipupurmickey in Members Rides on Today at 10:55:26 AM
Nice build thread Luke. Looks like a tidy example.

Re: Newbie From Ireland
Last Poster: Zipupurmickey in New Member Intro's on Today at 10:41:43 AM
Thanks Seanie I'll get a build thread up shortly.

Yup, I have it up for parts, I'm based in Wicklow. Basically bought it to transfer the nice bits onto mine and sell the rest. Looks like a tidy example there Luke.

Re: Flat battery?
Last Poster: Bigjimknickers in Mk5 General Area on Today at 10:40:25 AM
@m4tty personally I wouldn't bother, I'm currently selling my Mk5 & im not even going to remove the dynavin N6 on trade in, if I was to do it again I'd buy a kenwood.
Maybe I'm being too harsh, I mean, but now have Bluetooth hands free, iPod connectivity, BT audio streaming, & sat nav, it's just the

Re: Silver brake calipers?
Last Poster: lukemk5gti in Technical Workshop on Today at 10:16:44 AM
I replaced mine a couple months ago with parts direct from VW and they were red.

Would you not spray with with a couple coats of VHT red paint now before you fit them? If you also use a couple coats of high temp clear lacquer they'll last longer. Saves you needing to change them down the line.

Re: Wheel Bolts / Lug Bolts
Last Poster: willni in Mk5 General Area on Today at 10:14:48 AM
True, but is it really steel?  :scared: had fake stuff from ebay before, and I looked at VW ones £3.90 roughly per bolt didn't feel like £80 on bolts  :laugh:

Re: Cherry red hazard swap help!!
Last Poster: lukemk5gti in Cosmetic/Interior Modifications on Today at 10:14:14 AM
Someone could have removed it before you and broken the clips so they glued it in.

Get a narrow flat head screwdriver and prize away all 4 corners of the old hazard but make sure you don't damage the wiring and block.

Re: Tappys 50 shades of grey
Last Poster: Palmer02 in Members Rides on Today at 10:04:39 AM
I know what you mean,

Hopefully getting it on the ramp this week to do the usual

Divertor valve
Cam follower
Service
Maybe get time for cambelt and waterpump too, if not next wee

Re: Recent Purchases Picture Thread!!
Last Poster: lukemk5gti in Random Chat on Today at 09:50:22 AM
I have no idea how to use it :stupid:. Hopefully i can get it in the garage without the wife seeing it.  :scared1:

I miss using these! We got a grant a good few years back and upgraded the two manual lathes for a CNC and a la

Re: My Rising Blue 6R
Last Poster: bonelorry in MK6 Members Rides on Today at 08:54:47 AM
How did you get on replacing the VWR Springs?

Havent done it yet, was waiting to see how low your went before buying another set of VW racing springs.

I need to decide we

Re: Bonelorry's Steel Grey MK6 Golf R DSG, Now R-Tech Mapped...
Last Poster: bonelorry in MK6 Members Rides on Today at 08:51:49 AM
Two birds one stone. Keeps the miles off the Golf, and makes you appreciate its power when you get back in it. I quite like the idea of running a beater over winter!

This time last Year I actually ran 2 x Cars as I thought that having a cheap Daily that I didn't really care abou

Re: 17" Monza Centre Caps
Last Poster: Bigjimknickers in Mk5 General Area on Today at 07:53:28 AM
Is this correct? I was sure I bought 65mm.  :thinking:

Shoutbox

RCD510 Non-DAB
£120.00
Single Image
    Collection Only

Removed from a 2012 Golf 6R, it's the non-DAB version. I'll add a picture with my username over the next week or so but putting it up now to gather interest.

Collection from Essex over the festive period (limited) and after the new year it'll be in Plymouth with me. Can possibly arrange a courier but it'll be at buyer's risk.
    2012 Golf 6R TFSI Engine Cover
    £40.00
    Single Image
      undefined

Removed from a 2012 Golf 6R at about 34K miles, comes with everything from the scoop to the turbo inlet pipe (will get pictures this weekend).

Can look to package this up but would prefer collection, message to arrange.
      TD Pro Race 1.2 - Matte Black
      £600.00
      Collection Only

Putting these up for sale but not overly bothered if they don't get any interest. They've got marks and kerb rashes on some of them, will update the advert when they're off the car. Specs are:

18 x 8J ET45 with a machined center bore of 57.1mm (not spigot rings!). For this reason they cost more but were intended for track work, hence not wanting to use spigot rings.

They won't come with tyres, will be selling just the rims alone. Message me if you're interested, not really open to offers at this time though so it's a fixed price.
      Breaking Standard Red 2005 GTI
      £1.00
      Single Image
        Collection Only

Breaking whole car - Standard GTi

Parts sold:

- Engine
        - Headlights
        - Standard airbox
        - Rear disc, calipers
        - Crash bar
        - Heater controls
        - Seats

GTI Flat Bottom Steering Wheel + AirBag
        £185.00
        Postage: £10.00
        Delivery or Collection

Flat bottom steering wheel + Airbag

£185 ono.

Genuine BBS Speedline 19" 2pc alloys with tyres
        £650.00
        Collection Only

Specs
        Et48,CB 57.1,8.5x19,tyres 235-35-19
        2xFalken
        2xNankang with at least 5mm tread all round
        Few curb marks nothing too bad,could do with a polish
        I plastidipped the centres to match my car but can easily peel off,I done one to show condition
        They are polished faces with black barrels
        Only selling as putting car back to standard and got a Golf R instead
        Pm me
        Cheers paul
        3" BCS decat downpipe
        £270.00
        Single Image
          Postage: £0.00
          Delivery or Collection

Selling my 3" BCS downpipe for a mk5 gti as I've changed it for a sports cat, it's like new and has only covered 5k miles sounds awesome with the sports power valve system was just a bit too loud for me. Thanks for looking :)
          Golf GTI Edition 30. Black, 3 Door, Manual. 66K.
          £9900.00
          Collection Only

Volkswagen Golf GTI Edition 30.

Black, 3 door, 6 speed manual.

No. 0653.

66,500miles. Will be sold with new MOT.

Full VW service history, many receipts.

Superb condition, completely standard car, never been modded or mucked about with.
          Usual Edition 30 spec, including cruise control, RNS510 sat-nav with 2016 maps and full postcode search.

Both keys, and plastic tag, Edition 30 number plaque, wallet of receipts and service history.
          Recent new tyres (Michelin PilotSport3, 235\40YR18).
          Recent rear calipers & 4 x brake disks and pads, recent service inc brake fluid, all other parts changed as required.
          Since I have had the car I have changed the coil packs (to R8 ones), PCV, fuel pump cam follower, added S3 jacking pads, everything works as it should. I have only ever run it on Shell V-Power Nitro+.

I am the 3rd owner, having bought the car on 11th June 2013. The previous owner bought it on 24th April 2013, but decided he would rather lease a BMW M135i (wierdo). The owner before that bought it new on 28th March 2007.

All in all this car is very clean and in great condition. It drives fantastically and is tight and responsive just like an ED30 should be. I love this car and am only selling it as I have a Clubsport on the way, and can’t keep both!

Please ask for specific details, or pictures, or to come and have a look.
          To drive it you will need either fully comp insurance cover on this car or to give me £9900.00 ;-)

Service details.
          Item   Date   Mileage
          Delivery inspection   27-03-2007   -
          Service 1   02-06-2008   6,585
          Service 2  (inc brake fluid)   04-06-2009   12,575
          Service 3   09-08-2010   21,484
          Service 4   22-09-2011   27,195
          Brake fluid change   16-03-2012   29,493
          Service 5   13-09-2012   31,589
          Cambelt & water pump   01-07-2013   33,910
          Service 6   09-10-2013   36,663
          Service 7 (inc brake fluid)   17-10-2014   46,501