Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

mk5 GTI Pirelli
on November 13, 2018, 08:35:44 AM
Hiya chaps, hope this is alright here, I will be putting my beloved pirelli up on autotrader this weekend,  will be purchasing a caddy/transporter so I'm keeping it VW
Re: Search function
Last Poster: Andy in Mk5 General Area on Today at 02:31:47 AM
Sorry for the delay guys, The search is now working.
Cheers Dazza

Re: Recaro Wingback Seats
Last Poster: hussnainh8 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 12:25:18 AM
Im sorry to hijack the thread but im not getting any replies with mine and thought maybe I can get some help here.

I have recaro full leather bucket seats from a corsa vxr that I have fitted into my edition 30. The seats themselves are fine but they have heating capabilities and the seat sensor and side airbags.. How would I go about wiring these to the edition 30?

Need an engine cover w/ airbox
Last Poster: BradJH in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:44:23 PM
With being 19, my insurance is never gonna let me have the current induction kit that came with the car (Forge Twintake) so I’m gonna need a standard engine cover. Anyone got one?

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: Tin Robot in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:18:03 PM
Had wheels and Geo done.

Was told by one that it was the best Mk5 he had ever seen and the old guy who did the work was very happy with it.

IMG_2578

Re: Edition 30 - Register
Last Poster: Caspersmith in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 06:45:36 PM
Just got my plague #739

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Plaque!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Re: How To: Mk5 Heated Seats Retrofit
Last Poster: fakie1977 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 05:10:26 PM
Quick question to anyone that has done this retrofit with the Kufatec loom. Instead of cutting and extending the cables that go to the seats would it work to just cut and extend the wires that go to the fuses? So wire it up as you would a LHD car and then just run the power around the dash to the driver side fuse switches? I assume there is a ground point at passenger side anyway.

Re: Akispap's black GTI build thread
Last Poster: akispap in Members Rides on Yesterday at 04:34:23 PM
I already have this! Doing a good job! But why did you recommend this?

Re: Metal valves on monza alloys...
Last Poster: Gmac in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 03:45:44 PM
So whipped off a couple of the wheels... one was AH and had a metal valve and the other back wheel was AM, which actually looks identical from the top side of the valve, but is fitted with a rubber valve..

I think I’m going to try and see if the o-ring seal can be changed out first before getting new valves.

Re: Bucket seats into gti mk5?
Last Poster: hussnainh8 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 12:01:04 PM
what do you mean by actually compatible? I was thinking to get the wiring diagram for each and then wire the recaro bucket seats exactly the same way as the standard edition 30 seats where wired?

Thanks.

Re: Rns 310/315 or similar
Last Poster: Ted Irl in Wanted on Yesterday at 09:39:55 AM
Got sorted,  thanks mate

Re: All-Out Mk5 GTI: Track Car Build
Last Poster: Jimmy in Members Rides on January 22, 2019, 10:17:56 PM
Any news on this build? Would love to see how it's progressed

Re: Another sloppy gearshift thread- Update- worked out what issue is
Last Poster: mark.john in Mk5 General Area on January 22, 2019, 08:42:07 PM
No need to replace the entire linkage, just the little white slider that attaches, Dieselgeek.com make a tighter tolerance slider than the OEM (see link in previous post), just bear in mind there are 2 versions to the slider, one for the metal linkage (pre 2008) GTIs and one for plastic linkages (post 2008), just have a good look with a torch to see what version you have.

Re: Ryanair Baggage Charges?
Last Poster: garrardrj in Random Chat on January 22, 2019, 06:51:24 PM
Thanks for that, very useful.

We booked via Expedia, and the guy on the phone gave me duff info saying that we were each allowed two bits of hand luggage, one small one like you mention, plus a  larger one of 55 x 40 x 20, up to 10 KG. This is not correct, and as you say it's only one sm

Re: WillNi's Red 5dr Edition 30
Last Poster: willni in Members Rides on January 22, 2019, 01:55:40 PM
Just adding some photos of the radio and sub. Amp is attached onto the back of the sub so I can remove it easily if I need to do an airport run.

[img width=589 height=786]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.co

Re: Repeat offender?
Last Poster: csrigo in Technical Workshop on January 22, 2019, 01:22:40 PM
Is it actually a full misfire or just a little lumpy at idle?  They can be a bit lumpy at idle in general, especially during warm up.  Do things improve after a long drive with plenty of throttle?

New injectors will definitely improve things.  When I put new ones in mine, the idle was so

Door Lock Mechanisms (again I guess) - Ebay vs VAG
Last Poster: astyy in Mk5 General Area on January 22, 2019, 12:58:25 PM
Hi guys,  My first post, have owned my MK5 GTI from new 130,000 driven.

Like a lot of owners it seems I've had problems with faulty door lock mechs - the current symptom being passenger door never locks, it feels/sounds like it does, but alarm still sets and it detects the door open/shut.  Having replaced passenger door with an Ebay version a few years ago it started fai

Re: Edition 30 powered by RBS
Last Poster: Shoduchi in Members Rides on January 22, 2019, 11:33:32 AM
Glad to see you back to the forum! :drinking:

I'll watch for new developments! :wink:

Re: Smoothing the gti side skirts ready for paint...
Last Poster: TomF in Mk5 General Area on January 22, 2019, 11:10:14 AM
Anything like a 180 or 220, or even a 320 would give enough key for a primer on plastic I should think. 80 would remove quite a lot of material so go carefully if you're unsure.

Re: 100,000 miles ...
Last Poster: muff1991 in Mk5 General Area on January 22, 2019, 10:02:54 AM
100K is just a number, people are hung up about it being some sort of mile stone where vechicles will implode after passing this ticking timbomb marker. just carry on with regular maintanance
agreed, keep up with the maintenance.. my touran PD engine is on 223k and my GTI is on 1

Re: Seat Removal and Fitting
Last Poster: absolute in Mk5 General Area on January 22, 2019, 09:45:38 AM
Do your seats have airbags?

Personally whenever working with airbags, I disconnect the negative terminal on the battery and stick a cloth glove over the connector to stop it making a connection.

Leave the car sit for 15 minute to allow any current discharge.

Remember you'll need radio codes and anything else your vehicle has which may be affected b

Shoutbox

4 pots brembo bbk
£500.00
Collection Only

500 cash on collection only due to weight
Removed from my 2+ ed30
Brembo 1le calipers (cayenne/touareg)
Merc ml 330mm discs
Aks spigot centering rings
Mounting bolts
Used apec discs (slight lip)
Nearly new apec pads (800 mile)
Nearly new pad fitting kit (800 mile)
Hel braided brake lines 

Just been professionally refurbished new pistons, seals bleed nipples ect
Freshly painted in brembo red with new brembo decals

Any more info or offers message me on 07930275984 as I don't get on here as much anymore cheers, Mitch

If admin require username pics I can get these tomorrow when back at work where the calipers are
Sold
New (from VW) MK5 GTI MAF Air flow sensor
£50.00
Postage: £0.00
Delivery Only

Brand new Hitachi MAF air flow sensor for a Mk5 Golf GTi. Surplus to requirement.

Part code: 06F-906-461-A

They are £124 from the dealer.

Thanks,
Chris
VW GOLF JETTA MK5 XENON HEADLIGHTS COMPLETE WITH BULBS BALLASTS IGNITERS
£500.00
Postage: £40.00
Delivery or Collection

VW GOLF JETTA MK5 XENON HEADLIGHTS COMPLETE WITH BULBS BALLASTS IGNITERS

These are Genuine units as found on the MK5 R32 and other Golf models that has them as an optional extra from factory.

Part Numbers
Left hand headlight: 1K6 941 031 A
Right hand headlight: 1K6 941 032 A

Some surface scratches as expected from used lights

Have had new brackets fitted

Complete units Tested and working.

Looking for around £500

Adapters to fit are not included. These are another £60.

I can also supply and fit these units to your car for a small fee.

Also can take a little of with your old headlights in exchange should u wish to have them done

Any questions please call

07983 222 677

Many thanks
Sequential smoked mirror indicators
£60.00
Postage: £5.00
Delivery Only

Here I am offering a pair of smoked mirror indicators that have also been modified to include full length leds to produce sequential flowing indicators. 100% plug and play, brand new units

They come complete with all tools needed to fit, which is a long T10 Allen wrench which means there shouldn’t be a need to remove the mirror motor saving time and effort. They are a night and day diffence to the standard units (video shows agains my inpro smoked on the passenger side)

See the video attached in link below photos  https://streamable.com/1tet6
Premium bluetooth kit with audio streaming
£180.00
Single Image
    Postage: £5.00
    Delivery or Collection

Selling premium bluetooth kit with audio streaming.
    Supports all phones
    Works with RNS/RCD510,315 etc. units
    Supports MK6 MFSW and/or white/colour instrument cluster.

Kit consist of module 5k0..730D, inline loom and mic. Plug and play, doesn't need to cut or solder any wires.

• users Users: 6
    • guests Guests: 155