Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Forge engine caps
on May 20, 2018, 04:46:40 PM
Anyone know where I can get these caps in chrome? I saw them a few years back before I got my Edition 30 but I've spent weeks looking for some and can only find ones for the mk7 GTI.

Any help appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Re: Raj's United Grey GTi 2.0 DSG - Build Thread
Last Poster: Raj2212 in Members Rides on Today at 01:42:18 PM
No more wheel hopping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Looking at buying a mk5, advice wanted with steering wheel
Last Poster: neilw in Mk5 General Area on Today at 12:53:22 PM
You can get the button and control module they connect to out of a Passat b6 steering wheel, which are more readily available and cheaper on eBay (about £60)

But being a manual you'll have to cut the foam away in your wheel to fit them.

Re: How long does the Rev G DV last?
Last Poster: Molesy in Mk5 General Area on Today at 10:50:43 AM
Changed my DV on my ED30 last night. (Old DV is rev G as is the new one).
Old DV didn't have any tears but noticed the stem wasnt protruding as far out from the main body compared  to the new DV (if this makes sense).

My word.... The car pulls like a horse now!! (compared to the She

Re: Disabling ESP not ABS, monitoring DSG temps
Last Poster: Shoduchi in MK6 General Area on Today at 10:31:38 AM
yes solid yellow. But it still is partly on. Can you completely get rid of it with a tune or is it not possible?

It should be possible since I know R-Tech tweaks the TC to be more effective with high powered FWD cars (the tweak stops it from cutting power to the wheels

Re: Akispap's black GTI build thread
Last Poster: Dave aka in Members Rides on Today at 09:16:59 AM
Good build well done

Re: CDL or BWA head needed
Last Poster: Dave aka in Mk5 General Area on Today at 09:14:32 AM
Cheers Shaun just seen this 😎

Re: Xenon Ballast Replacement
Last Poster: rich83 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 12:55:19 AM

Re: AC Issue - Cold air on right side, ambient on left.
Last Poster: spicypixel in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 10:29:05 PM
Can confirm new condenser put on (that was hassle to do...) and it's passed the vacuum test and filled up. Woo!

Re: Mk5 to Mk7/Scirocco/Passat B8 climatronic retrofit
Last Poster: spicypixel in Cosmetic/Interior Modifications on Yesterday at 07:51:32 PM
Okay solved the mystery!
The panel is for a hybrid jetta, and being a hybrid seems to have an incompatible compressor configuration to a diesel/petrol Golf.

So for anyone looking to do this mod, avoid the 1K8907044J at all costs.

Re: Sticky calipers again
Last Poster: Andy in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 07:41:31 PM
Can I contact Administration?
It is important.
Regards.
can i help

Re: Best Tyre Shine???
Last Poster: willni in Detailing on Yesterday at 06:32:25 PM
What degreaser do you lot use?

Gunk Engine Degreaser / Autofinesse All Purpose Cleaner / Fairy Liquid (For Moss), depending on what it's for

Re: Dip stick tube replacement?
Last Poster: Sessions in Technical Workshop on Yesterday at 09:44:18 AM
Yes take the bolt out and brute force twisting and wiggling, its just an o ring holding it in there, i removed mine when cleaning out the intake manifold.

Re: Problems uploading photos to for sale thread
Last Poster: Sessions in Testing and Forum Suggestion Box on Yesterday at 09:36:29 AM
sorted now :)

Re: Porsche Cayman 981 Black Edition
Last Poster: rex in Other VAG on Yesterday at 08:39:08 AM
Returning to the Nurburgring trip, after my best lap (the 6th lap in the Porsche), I still had one more lap to go. I decided to take my wife along and to have a closing, not very aggressive lap:

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/o8Fw4R9x1UA?fs=1&start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The BTG time is irrelevant because I was slowed down a lot by traffic (Fox Hole - Fuchsröhre for example

Re: MK7 Gearknob and Gaitor on mk5 GTi
Last Poster: spicypixel in Cosmetic/Interior Modifications on August 18, 2018, 10:09:54 PM
To clarify the gaitor doesn't fit, just the knob with some filing. Best off looking for a 2014+ scirocco gaitor to match.

Re: MK5 Golf GTI suspension refurbishment
Last Poster: re2 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on August 18, 2018, 08:39:56 PM
I'm open to suspension suggestions too. Not after Lows, but daily fun and commuting

Re: Which stereo?
Last Poster: spicypixel in Mk5 General Area on August 18, 2018, 05:23:47 PM
As a tip, at least in google play music might apply to spotify, if you roll the right hand knob till you get to next track you can just hit that button on the front instead of faffing with the touchscreen for additional skips.

Re: Overheating on track
Last Poster: bricksnmortar in Track Day Technical on August 18, 2018, 01:49:44 PM
I appreciate your continuing to focus on this problem with me.

I feel fortunate to have made the acquaintance of the VW engineer about whom I spoke in a previous message, who confirmed my assessment of the oil starvation problem. He, as I mentioned, said that he believ

Whiteline V's SUPERPRO Anti Lift Kits
Last Poster: re2 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on August 18, 2018, 01:41:45 PM
A lot of the whiteline reviews concentrate on the earlier yellow bushed kits which occasionally failed. I'm looking at the later black bushing Whiteline V's SUPERPRO. I can see benefits to both designs. Anyone have first hand experience of either, or preferably both?

Shoutbox

Revo pcv blanking plate 2.0tfsi
£50.00
Single Image
    Postage: £0.00
    Delivery Only

Good condition, only used for a few months, has an outlet for a boost gauge although this can be blanked off.
    £50 delivered
    bsh / k&n intake 2.0tfsi
    £100.00
    Single Image
      Postage: £0.00
      Delivery Only

Bsh intake kit cone replaced with a k&n filter has been cleaned and re oiled.  pipe has been re powder coated.
      the heat shield was heavy and rusted. so re made from chequer plate stainless.    will fit 2.0tfsi.

the blemish you can see in the pic is oil that was on the pipe this has been wiped off.

£100 delivered.
      Golf Mk5 Edition 30 DSG 58k - 3 door
      £11000.00
      Collection Only

Volkswagen Golf Mk5 GTI Edition 30 230bhp - For Sale

Build plaque number 1587

Special 30th anniversary edition of the Volkswagen Golf Mk5.  Volkswagen didn't make many of these and no doubt they will become a future, appreciating classic.

I bought this car in 2014 with about 19,000 miles on it.  I looked for ages to for a top spec Edition 30 and in the end had to go to Scotland to pick this one up.  It's been very well looked after by both myself and two previous owners.  It's completely standard with full VW service history.  Since owning the car, I've always had the VW extended fully comprehensive warranty on it, so any work needed is done by local VW dealer and genuine OEM parts are fitted.  I have the build number (1587) plaque with the VW letter but it's never been fitted to the car.

So, on to the spec...

2007 car
      58,500 miles (this will increase as I'm currently using it)
      3-dr Diamond Black (Pearl)
      2.0 FSI petrol engine with the KO4 turbo
      6 speed DSG gearbox with "paddles" on steering wheel
      Usual Edition 30 Half Leather Seats
      Electric tilt/slide sunroof (rare option)
      Rear parking sensors
      Electric front windows
      Tinted rear windows
      Cruise control
      Automatic rain-sensing wipers
      Automatic, self-leveling Xenon headlights
      Folding mirrors, heated mirrors, position memory when in reverse
      Dual climate control, cold air-con, warm heaters, cooled glove box
      Heated front seats
      Electric lumbar support on front seats
      RNS-510 CD/Radio,Full Sat Nav with DVD Player with 2014 maps and postcode search
      Additional 6 disc changer with Aux jack input in centre console
      Traction Control
      Launch Control
      Factory Alarm
      Xenon lights
      18" BBS Original "Pescara" Alloy Wheels in mint condition (this have just been refurbished in silver - dipped, blasted, powder coated and lacquered)
      4 x Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres (front assymetric 3s, rear assymetric 2s)
      VW Bluetooth 7p6 box under the front seat with full RNS-510 integration - works with my iPhone 5S and iPhone 8
      On Board Multifunction Computer (Highline version)
      2 keys

Service Overview
      ================
      Cambelt and water pump changed in 2015 - at Ipswich Wolsey VW main dealer
      DSG gearbox fluid and filter service in 2014 - at Ipswich Wolsey VW main dealer

30/12/2008 - 2778 miles
      31/12/2009 - 5911 miles
      15/12/2010 - 9615 miles
      15/12/2011 - 15,206 miles
      12/12/2012 - 17,768 miles
      16/12/2013 - 18,973 miles
      29/04/2014 - 19,517 miles (DSG oil and filter at Ipswich Wolsey VW main dealer)
      03/11/2014 - 25,489 miles (cam belt and water pump at Ipswich Wolsey VW main dealer)
      12/12/2014 - 27,291 miles
      11/09/2015 - 36,676 miles
      29/07/2016 - 45,932 miles (50,000 miles service, oil filter, engine oil, washer fluid, sump plug at Ipswich Wolsey VW main dealer)
      13/07/2017 - 51,532 miles (major service including oil, air, pollen filters and spark plugs + air con service at Ipswich Wolsey VW main dealer)
      07/05/2018 - 55,668 miles (cam follower and o-ring replaced, pcv replaced - both by me)
      08/06/2018 - 56,576 miles (DSG oil and filter change, brake fluid change - at Ipswich Wolsey VW main dealer)
      11/07/2018 - 57,088 miles (Offside front seat belt stalk replaced, small cooling fan replaced, main radiator thermostat replaced)
      02/08/2018 - 58,009 miles VW minor service at Wolsey main dealer.

In the last couple of months I have also:
      - replaced all 20 wheel bolt dust caps and 4 x wheel center caps (all new from VW main dealer)
      - New whip aerial as it has corroded (from VW main dealer)

I was thinking about a re-map to 300bhp+, but to be honest I'd prefer to leave it completely standard, as it's too good to change in my opinion.  I've always tried to run the car on Shell V-Power, Tesco 99 or BP Ultimate fuel.  I have a new service book for it as the standard one was full.

It really is in fantastic condition both inside and outside.  Wheels are NOT kerbed and are mint - they have just been refurbished.  No wing rust.  I searched for a long time when looking for this one but I can't really justify using this for the commute to work.

The car has just had a service with VW Wolsey Ipswich this week.  So any buyer would not have to service the car for a while.

I'm missing one of the tabs off one of the rear centre console vents - I think this would be an easy fix / replace - it just never bothered me so I never got round to fixing it.

Viewings welcome, but I’m afraid I'll be doing the driving on any test drives.  location: Ipswich, Suffolk.

£11,000
      R32 Rear lights and bare tailgate.
      £145.00
      Postage: £22.00
      Delivery Only

Genuine set of r32 lights removed from a late 2008 vehicle the light are in very good condition with minor wear and tear scratches /marks please not these are used items and not brand new happy to post these are buyers cost price £145 plus postage £22 also have a genuine vw tailgate in metallic black bare tailgate but does come with all wirring and glass small marks on the spoiler and close to the badge most of which will polish out no rust great tailgate ideal replacement £85 can wrap this for courier at buyers cost will be about £40 or arrange your own  for immediate rrespone to this add call/text me on 07772480088 thanks
      2007 Golf Gti For Sale
      £3250.00
      Collection Only

2007 Golf GTI 4 doors
      Black, DSG, 122k FSH (including DSG and cam follower)
      MOT Jan 2019
      Very clean Cloth Tartan interior
      Original BBS VZ wheels with 4 matching Dunlop tyres with 5/ 6mm tread (approx)
      Powervalve Exhaust (catback) sounds excellent!
      Lowered on H & R springs
      R32 rear lights (Bought new from VW)
      Paintwork in overall good condition with age related marks.
      Interior very good condition with only the drivers bolster showing signs of wear. Usual for this type of seat unfortunately
      Huge folder of receipts for work and parts.
      Only selling due to purchase of T5.

Located in Swainby, North Yorkshire