Mk5 General Area / Re: Xennon focus
« Last post by dave mc on Today at 06:53:22 PM Started by dave mc  »
No factory fitted ones
Mk5 General Area / Re: Xennon focus
« Last post by amanda on Today at 06:09:50 PM Started by dave mc  »
Is this after market???
Mk5 General Area / Re: Need a boot lid!
« Last post by Scottymon on Today at 05:48:10 PM Started by MaxC  »
Black is a lot easier to match... I had my back window smashed some years back, and got a complete bootlid with internals and electrics for £50 delivered, easy to fit, but may take two people to position. I did it on my own but two people is preferable.

Ebay has some great bargains; if it's just rust then I'd camp out on there to you find one, good luck mate :)

Only other thing is the year... mines a 55, but my replacement lid was a Pirelli 08 so green glass opposed to Blue, but because it's not side by side, you can never tell.
Mk5 General Area / Re: How common is it???
« Last post by amanda on Today at 05:30:56 PM Started by amanda  »
Well I froze on the way home and that was at 17c
Picked her up and put key in and turned on and ekkk engine light was on!!! Returned into dealers who instantly took car back into garage .....40 mins later car was back with a new valve to accompany the new oil pressure switch at no extra cost  :booty:
Mk5 General Area / Re: EGR Value issue P0401
« Last post by ROH ECHT on Today at 05:23:56 PM Started by Dragonslayer2  »
So they replaced both the EGR-N18 and Potentiometer-G212(not sure if they come together or not)...but have they looked at the withdrawal tube, pn:03C131521T, to inspect whether or not it is stuck closed?
The code states under...Possible Causes

Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Flow restricted/clogged
    Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve stuck closed/leaking/faulty
    Wiring and/or Connector(s) from/to Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve faulty
    Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) System faulty

...and if your tube is similar to our 2.0t FSI, it has a simple valve inside that can/does get stuck. Mine was replaced twice...not because stuck, but for an open campaign when brought in for repairs.

The EGR is on page 9 here: http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_296_d1.pdf
Mk5 General Area / Re: Faulty Brake Servo
« Last post by mkmg76 on Today at 04:56:14 PM Started by chrism3  »
One thing I forgot to mention about the brake servo situation is it's a punishment for being British.  Left hand drive Golfs don't have this problem as it's above the gearbox and easy to get out  :happy2:

Ahem............and Irish.

Sorry, it's a punishment for being a citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.  Better?  :smiley:

Oooooooooooh must not take the bait.

You sir, are going to hell!  :signLOL:
Mk5 General Area / Re: New Mk5 Owner - Cam Follower Nightmare
« Last post by ROH ECHT on Today at 04:55:08 PM Started by Ads22  »
Anyway......I'm thinking this gentleman may be better off buying a new cylinder head from VW because it comes with cams, VVT adjuster, rocker cover, PCV gasket, chain, chain cover & the VVT solenoid thing.  By the time he's added up all the individual parts, it may be more a more cost effective path....and benefit from a fresh head.  Just throwing that out there!
↑....this is worth considering...↑
You will still have to deal with timing belt and cam chain reattachment, but may be a better deal regarding cost and worth a look.
Mk5 General Area / Xennon focus
« Last post by dave mc on Today at 04:50:23 PM Started by dave mc  »
I can not get the offside xennon light to focus and when I go to to remove bulb the igniter and hold all comes off together.
Mk5 General Area / Re: Faulty Brake Servo
« Last post by Pudding on Today at 04:43:49 PM Started by chrism3  »
One thing I forgot to mention about the brake servo situation is it's a punishment for being British.  Left hand drive Golfs don't have this problem as it's above the gearbox and easy to get out  :happy2:

Ahem............and Irish.

Sorry, it's a punishment for being a citizen of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.  Better?  :smiley:
Mk5 General Area / Re: Need a boot lid!
« Last post by MaxC on Today at 04:43:39 PM Started by MaxC  »
If it helps I'm in Berkshire and I'll travel for the right one.
I was prepared to go 160 miles for an ed30 boot but got let down
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10