Make a donation

Mods

Summer Tyres
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta
Vredestein Ultrac Sessanta

The Ultrac Sessanta is one of Vredestein’s aces in the Ultra High Performance (UHP) segment. The Sessanta is based on the strong points of the Ultrac series and has been optimised even further to give very good steering and handling characteristics.

Added by Scottymon, on 2014-10-21 22:55:43
from 2 reviews.
Quality tyres
by xjay1337, on 2014-11-02 15:47:17
Originally priced well below competitors, the price is now more in line with most other offerings from the likes of Goodyear, etc. I would not pay much attention to the "C" EU Wet weather scoring. As these tyres are fantastic in the rain and have never aquaplaned on me. Compared to the Eagle F1 Assymetric 2 they inspire more confidence in the wet. In the dry, again, very very good, enough for trackdays if you wanted - Perhaps 5% behind the Goodyear for outright grip, but it's very close, but as mentioned, are better in the wet. The tread pattern is also really cool. I would pick these over the Eagle F1 Assy 2 given the choice. There are now the Ultrac "Vortis" which are the Sessanta's replacement, and supposedly an improvement on the Sessanta still I have yet to try these.
Excellent Tyre but maybe not as good VFM as they once were
by Frenzy, on 2014-12-20 18:35:34
I believe strongly in buying good quality rubber from the top tier of tyres on offer hence why i replaced all four tyres on my GTI with these when i first got her. I've now done circa 7k miles on these and they are still going strong. Over that time they've never let me down whether in the dry or the wet. I get good feedback from them and they do allow for confident driving without giving your confidence a hit! They are obviously not a track tyre (though they do have a great sporty tread pattern that almost looks like a semi slick design) so i'm not talking about expecting it to perform 100% under extreme conditions but then nor should they be pushed this far if you are driving with enough due care and attention on public roads. As Jay mentions there isn't the gulf in price that there used to be between these and the Michelins & Goodyears so maybe they don't quite represent the value today that they did when i bought them 3 years ago but i'd still recommend them as very worthy tyres.
Members with this Mod:
Have one to sell?
This mod is Wanted by the following 2 members: