Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Forge engine caps
on May 20, 2018, 04:46:40 PM
Anyone know where I can get these caps in chrome? I saw them a few years back before I got my Edition 30 but I've spent weeks looking for some and can only find ones for the mk7 GTI.

Any help appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Re: Wanted: Rear wiper arm for Golf GTi Mk5 2005
Last Poster: Octoparrot in Wanted on Today at 04:16:26 PM
Same thing happened to me, my advice is to get a genuine one, I didn't at first and the quality was poor so I ended up spending more money and buying genuine.

Re: Edition 30 bottom end failure
Last Poster: Jesse390 in Technical Workshop on Today at 04:04:30 PM
Don't know if anyone is intrerested......The reason was failure of oil pump chain tensioner. As of today the car is now running, I had the engine rebuilt, with second hand head by a company in stoke(very helpful)and full turbo overhaul. Did the work myself on the drive hence  the time it took me to complete, but now over the moon.
Max.

Re: Knocking noise video
Last Poster: Rigsby in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 03:40:32 PM
I originally thought cv joint but garage said it was all fine.
Really annoying me, feels like I’m driving an old van

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: coolhandluke in Mk5 General Area on Today at 02:39:56 PM
seats out, normal vac and then wet vac seats and carpet multiple times until the wet vac water doesn't look like Newcastle brown. let it dry then spray it all, including head lining with autoglym anti-stink spray. That's what I did to get rid of dog hairs/stench.

How big

Re: 2005 GTI - Cam Follower question
Last Poster: delob in Mk5 General Area on Today at 02:27:07 PM
Is there a specific mileage interval for when this should be done. I have a very low mileage 2008 Gti and during a recent visit to VW dealer for a DSG service they suggested that mine Cam Follower couldn’t possibly ne

Re: 335i - N54 or N55
Last Poster: berg in Random Chat on Today at 12:05:16 PM
cheers chaps seen a couple of N55 powered cars but pretty rare in touring form eh

Re: Cam chain adjuster - genuine or afternarket?
Last Poster: muff1991 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 11:11:24 AM
new genuine camshaft adjuster coming tomorrow, my mates getting it for £395.18

Re: GTI International 2-3 June 2018
Last Poster: gtipirelli in Shows, Events and Meets on Today at 10:17:05 AM
Did no one go to the show. Not surprised as it was very quiet

Re: Front wipers issue
Last Poster: neilw in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 09:47:32 AM
My Audi used to do this. I found lubing the joints in the mechanism would sort it.

Re: 0-60 times
Last Poster: ROH ECHT in Mk5 General Area on Today at 02:07:49 AM
Reincarnated topic....It night not be tuned because 15.4s to 100 mph seems stock. When mine was tuned for the stock K03 it did 14.1s 1/4mi @ 100 mph.

Re: 12 Year warranty or not? - VW Hq will answer
Last Poster: Sutaka in Mk5 General Area on Today at 12:55:09 AM
So I took my 2007 Edition 30 to Towcester VW back at the beginning of the year, had the usual paint reading and pictures taken. At the time it was only my passenger side wing showing signs of rust from the inside on the paintwork (drivers side has rust on the inside that hadn’t yet come through to the paint) and after about two weeks they agreed to replace it. The work was done by

Re: Painted my grills - great results
Last Poster: shail in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:05:42 PM
Is it a bumper off job to remove the grills? Most of the cars I've looked at have the grey, faded grills

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

No.

Top part of grill:
Open bonnet.
2 screws to remove at top of grill - torx ones
2 scre

Re: Who has a forge spacer on?
Last Poster: Sessions in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:51:07 PM
Good for making people jump in carparks.

Re: Powder coating wiper arms.
Last Poster: Sessions in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:46:49 PM
Should be fine what colour are you thinking.

Re: Creaking from rear suspension
Last Poster: Sessions in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:43:53 PM
My vrs creaks too over speed humps has done for the last 4 years.

Re: Passat caliper carrier bolts?
Last Poster: colesey in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 07:13:06 PM
+1 for Gavin of vagbolts

Re: White "Lion" Cupra - DSG converted track car
Last Poster: teo_parvu in Members Rides on Yesterday at 01:15:52 PM
While still waiting for some pictures from Race 2 on Motorpark Romania, I've completed Race 3 on Hungaroring.
A very good result - 2:05.412 with an enormous mistake, braking on the curb, but enough for 2 podiums - 3rd in Magyar Time Attack and 1st in Romanian Time Attack Challenge:

<iframe width="640" height="385" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/3uPDQapSG-M?fs=1&start=" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

RCD330 Plus troubleshooting
Last Poster: Bearings in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Yesterday at 11:35:13 AM
I've bought a 187B NoName RCD330 Plus radio for my '55 plate GTI, and I've also updated my Gateway to 7N0907530AM and my Steering Controller to 1K0953549CH. 

I managed to code in the Steering Controller and my MFSW buttons (a std Mk5 GTI MFSW with 8 buttons) all worked with my cheap chinese double-din before I swapped it out to the 330. The steering wheel controls still

Re: Part numbers sticky gone?
Last Poster: Lewo in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:00:33 AM
Thanks chaps.

Shoutbox

TTRS/RS3 Injectors (Latest Revision L's) + Converted TFSI Wiring Loom
£399.00
Single Image
    Postage: £0.00
    Delivery or Collection

Set of 4 brand new RS3/TTRS injectors and modified TFSI injector wiring loom (used, but checked) with new injector plugs to enable a plug and play upgrade to an existing setup. These are the latest revision injectors (07K906031L)
    Perfect for hybrid turbo and big turbo builds. With the right tuning, these will easily support 500bhp+
    Sold
    As New Kenwood dnx516dabs - £500
    £500.00
    Single Image
      Collection Only

As New Kenwood dnx516dabs

Not a mark on it , 6 months old . Bought new for £950 ... think you can get them now for £920

So still a very good saving !

Does absolutely everything and is designed exactly for the mk5 , comes with all leads and I’ve bought a new dab Ariel as well

Reduced £500!!
      Engine / gearbox mounts
      £60.00
      Single Image
        Collection Only

Covered 40k miles , very good order with no splits / leaks ect . Off a 2009 gti
        Edition 30 DSG
        £6250.00
        Collection Only

2007 57 reg Edition 30 DSG Deep Pearl Black
        85500 miles
        Full VW service history

VW service history as follows:8/4/08 – 5924mls – Oil change (VW St. Albans)25/4/09 – 10096mls – Oil change and Interval Service (VW St. Albans)19/4/10  - 17561mls – Service (VW St. Albans)31/5/11 – 23587mls – Major Service and Brake Fluid change (VW St. Albans)16/3/12 – 29533mls Cambelt and Waterpump replaced (VW Watford)18/7/12 – 33789 mls - Major service and Brake fluid change (VW Warners, Herts)15/2/13 – 41224mls – DSG Gearbox Service (VW Loughton)15/4/13 – 43391mls – Major Service (VW Loughton)5/9/13 – 47641mls – Steering rack and loom replaced under warranty (VW Loughton)17/3/14 – 52915mls – Minor Service and Brake Fluid Service 7/5/15 – 64966mls – Cambelt, Waterpump replaced (VW Loughton)10/2/15 – 62496mls – Minor Service (VW Loughton)16/12/15 – 72412mls – Major Service (VW Loughton) 80000 independent service oil change and NGK spark plugs
        85000 independent oil change

Winter Pack
        Heated Seats
        Power fold mirrors with Paddle lights
        Multi-function steering wheel
        Highline display
        Android XTRON unit with CANBUS so it shows you litres till empty, washer level, and other car information
        Usual ED30 extras incl. half leather, gti mats.
        Alloys been refurbed 2mths ago

I listed this before on a quick sale, but removed due to going away, I am still abroad but car is still for sale. Listed at £7500 or very near offer. I am not in a rush. I'll be listing on autotrader soon, if anyone has access to the ED30 owners group facebook please send the link over.
        Mk7 - Mk5 heater Control Conversion
        £150.00
        Single Image
          Postage: £10.00
          Delivery or Collection

For sale is my custom Mk7 - Mk5 heater Control Conversion of which there's only about 3 I know of made. Selling as I'm too fussy and don't want to spend anymore on the project of making them, what you get is a 2015 Passat CC Heater Control w/ Heated Seats (£100+) shows the individual climacontrol on RNS 315 like the mk6 dials do on the rcd/rns510, The mk5 golf /2015-on Scirocco Radio heater facia (£60) and modified radio cage/skeleton.

£150 is a fair price for something which for me was a straight plug and play, recommendations from me are either to get the facia professionally painted or to wrap it.