Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Posting pictures in for sale ads
on November 03, 2017, 07:50:48 AM
How can I post pictures in for sale ads?

Neither links from photobucket or Flickr work.
passenger front wing in red
Last Poster: harveym3 in Member Recommendations and Useful Links on Yesterday at 11:48:15 PM
Ebay 292458376052

red boot lid
Last Poster: harveym3 in Member Recommendations and Useful Links on Yesterday at 11:47:09 PM
Ebay 292458373963

k04 dump valve and housing
Last Poster: harveym3 in Member Recommendations and Useful Links on Yesterday at 11:22:12 PM
Ebay 152918830931

Re: Josh’s Pirelli edition
Last Poster: Bodyboarder81 in Members Rides on Yesterday at 10:49:42 PM
Quite fancy getting the wheels done in graphite grey with a diamond cut face .... or shadow chrome

Re: Are my front wings plastic?
Last Poster: Dave J in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:12:07 PM
Was meant say bumper. I work as a paint sprayer and see this all the time in the winter, when something has just been painted and put out in the cold weather the very next day everything apart from what has been painted will be frozen.  :thinking:
That's interesting - I wonder if

Re: Anyone installed a MK6 Golf tailgate opener on their MK5? Without camera.
Last Poster: v4rley in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:45:52 PM
Well would be the build date. But the only certain way to find one would be having to email the seller and getting them to check, not ideal I know but if you compose a template and fire it of to a few beakers it should pay off.

Frustrating as I recently started breaking a R32 but let the badge go with the boot and it was a 3d soft close  :sad1:

Re: Rough idle (again)
Last Poster: Mitch H in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:57:48 PM
Yeah the n205 was £98.40 from vw. Same part number as you mentioned. Any suggestions on the easiest way to find an air leak? Cheers.

Smoke test

Re: White "Lion" Cupra - DSG converted
Last Poster: teo_parvu in Members Rides on Yesterday at 08:33:47 PM
UPDATE:

I've reinstalled the adjustable droplinks, the noise is gone after softening the suspension.
Seems that the CH steering wheel control module was defective, I'm back on mine now, now everything works again (power-steering, cc stalk) except the paddles.
Today I did a wheel alignment and immediately after the car pulls to the left and ESP is interfering,

Re: P0441 EVAP Emission Control Sys: Incorrect Flow
Last Poster: Shoduchi in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 05:01:03 PM
When mine threw this code, I replaced the n80 valve first and that cured it. Bought the valve new  off eBay so may be a chinese genuine copy.
Fault has not come back in 18 months.

I did the same with genuine parts but also replaced the hose that connects to the valve, si

Re: Mk5 Gti Cam chain tensioner question
Last Poster: Pesky jones in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 01:41:20 PM
Thats a crazy price, considering the adjustor is around 300£ and the other parts around £200

Re: Clutch thoughts
Last Poster: Watola123 in Performance Modifications on Yesterday at 06:53:41 AM
I have helix fitted and it’s a lovely drive! Recommended 👍

New ed30 owner looking for advice
Last Poster: Watola123 in New Member Intro's on Yesterday at 06:49:48 AM
Morning guys, recently purchased a lovely manual ed30 just looking for some advice 🤙🏻

Car is stage one - itg induction - miltek de-cat - helix clutch

How often should I change cam follower? Pick up pipe?
How often do you service your eddy ?
Any other servicable items I should be thinking of?

Intermittent flywheel problem or something else?
Last Poster: Daveabuk in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 01:36:08 AM
Hi all,

I am a proud owner of a Mk5 1.9tdi (105) MY56 with engine code BXE.
When purchased, the car was immaculate for the age and miles (110k). With no running problems whatsoever.
After about a month of owning, in the cold season and gradually over the space of about a week I started to get some judder when pulling away in first. This would be always there u

Mk6 Reversing camera wiring
Last Poster: Joshy in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on February 21, 2018, 10:17:18 PM
Can anyone please tell me what gauge wire is need for the wires used on the mk6 reversing camera?
I also need to know what crimps i need to use (gold crimp in picture below)

I though't i'd replace the thin yellow, brown and red wires as one has broke completely, and the outer plastic has separated on the other 2.
I've found the connector for one end of these

Re: No power to headunit
Last Poster: bm_99 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on February 21, 2018, 07:47:17 PM
Hi
According to google it should be fuse location 42, 25 amp. http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=304672
Hope that helps.

I did see that mate, but that diagram looks nothing like any of my fuse locat

Re: My little MK5 2.0TDI R-line build thread
Last Poster: Christiank in Members Rides on February 21, 2018, 05:51:37 PM
FINALLY! I've got my mechanic to help press the new rear main seal back in place using the speciel VAG tool. (He's a VW mechanic)

Now I can get on completing this build and put everything together - Will have some pictures for you Friday  :drinking:

Re: 2016 gtd dsg
Last Poster: gulfstream11 in MK7 Members Rides on February 21, 2018, 05:27:07 PM
Welcome back. I made the same move. Edition 30 dsg to 2015 GTI PP DSG.

Re: Sluggish Cold Starts
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on February 21, 2018, 02:26:25 PM
Interesting!  More likely injector related than the carbon build up, or maybe the new plugs.  Glad it's sorted  :happy2:

Re: Engine rumble at low revs when pulling away
Last Poster: Pudding in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on February 21, 2018, 02:06:15 PM
Took my belt serpentine off at lunch time and the existing pulley is absolutely fine.   So my rumbling is something else. 

Putting the belt back on again from above is fun isn't it!?!!  :confused:

Re: Headlight Plug Snapped
Last Poster: MIJ_JAGGER in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on February 21, 2018, 10:33:19 AM

Shoutbox

MK5 GTI Edition 30 Stage 2+ DSG
£8750.00
Collection Only

Toying with the idea of getting rid of my Stage 2+ Edition 30 as I need a van.

This was purchased in January this year as a completely standard car and all stage 2+ modifications were done at 100k running 370bhp/390ftlb. Current mileage is 110k.

Full service history, regular oil changes every 5k by myself, cam follower changed at 100k and 105k (no wear but better to be safe than sorry!) and checked recently but no wear. Cam chain and tensioner was done at 92k and cambelt and waterpump was done around the same time. Serviced last week at TSR with a new oil pickup pipe and oil change. Replaced PCV last week to latest revision. DSG serviced every 40k.  3 previous owners and MOT'd until April 2018.

Front brake upgrade to MK7 GTI PP calipers with 340mm discs. Brake fluid changed to ATE Typ 200.

Has APR Stage 2+ software with the following hardware:
- Ramair Oversized Induction Kit
- Loba HPFP
- RS4 Fuel Pressure Relief Valve
- Custom 3" tig welded turbo back R32 style exhaust system by TSR
- Custom wellycooler intercooler setup by TSR with hard pipes.
- Custom TSR DSG Remap

Also has a few other modifications:
- Relentless Coilovers full geo setup by TSR
- Superpro lower engine mount
- Superpro rear bushes
- Boot pop kit
- R32 rear bumper
- De wipered
- LED interior/exterior lights
- Pioneer SPH-DA120 Headunit

Probably loads missed but it really is a excellent car with no expense spared in my ownership or previous owners. Only bad points are wheels could do with a refurb, and front end has a few stone chips.

£8750 OVNO don't message me with stupid offers, would swap for a DSG T5 or Caddy Maxi DSG.
*Reduced* 2007 "57" Edition 30 - Black - 5 door - DSG
£6250.00
Collection Only

2007 "57" Edition 30 (no. 1231)
MOT Till August 2018 - No advisories
85000 miles
Full VW History till 2016
Completely standard
Oil changed every 6 months, and NGK sparkplugs otherwise no engine mods
MFSW and Highline clocks
Folding mirrors with puddle lights

XTRONS android headunit, still have original if required
Good condition
Family owned since 2012 - Has only been to VW for any work until Jan 2017 - all reciepts and stacks of paperwork and all stamped history in original books
Changed DV few months ago for latest revision - Didnt need it but precautionary
2 Keys
Purchased originally from this forum in 2012

Heated seats - AC working been charged several times over the years by VW -
Quick sale

+ reciepts for all work carried out from VW - some major ones listed below

September 2013 - Steering Rack and loom replaced by VW Loughton under recall
March 2012 - 29533 miles - Cambelt change
August 2015 - 64966 miles - Cambelt water pump change

Sold
MK6 GTI Edition 35 - White - 3Dr - 35k Miles
£15995.00
Single Image
    Collection Only

Just a basic description for now - Anyone interested please drop me a message and I will fill you in.

Amazing condition - No expense spared - Well looked after car and first to see will buy - Volkswagen Golf 2.0 TSI GTI Edition 35 DSG Auto 3-Door, 35000 miles, Full VWSH, 3 Previous Owners, MOT and Service done in July 17, 6CD LED RNS510, Full Leather Interior, Heated Seats, Flat Bottom M.F.S.W With Paddle change, Cruise Control, Alarm, Drivers Airbag, Passenger Airbag, Side Airbags, ABS, Traction Control, Climate Control, Power Steering, Front Electric Windows, Electric Mirrors, Remote Central Locking, Optional extra 19? Alloy Wheels, Media & Aux, Privacy Glass , Park Sens Front & Rear, Reverse Camera, Headlamp washers, GTI Mats + Rubber Mats, Modifications REVO Stage 1 DSG Remap, REVO Stage 1 Remap with SPS Box, Ceramic coated REVO air intake, BCS Full Power-valve exhaust with Titanium downpipe heatwrap 3.5" tips (cost of £1500), Gloss black diffuser, subtle interior mods, P3 Electronic Vent Boost Gauge, Maniacs paddle extensions. (I have all the standard parts as I was meticulous to keep them) Bad points Stone chips (as to be expected), small chip in the windscreen Please feel free to ask me any questions - Can remove modifications to improve deal. 4 owners, Next MOT due 19/07/2018, Full service history, White.

This car comes with
    Electric windows, Air conditioning, Satellite navigation, Parking aid, DVD, MP3 player, CD player, Bluetooth, Leather trim, Heated seats, Height adjustable driver's seat, Height adjustable passenger seat, Folding rear seats, Child seat points (Isofix system), Sports seats, Power steering, Steering wheel rake adjustment, Steering wheel reach adjustment, Cruise control, Traction control, Central locking, Alarm, Immobiliser, Driver's airbags, Passenger airbags, Spare wheel (Space-saver)
    VW RNS315 Satnav headunit with DAB & BT
    £220.00
    Postage: £15.00
    Delivery or Collection

In good used condition. Has the code. Has built DAB radio and bluetooth. West EU V9 maps loaded on HDD.
    220 collected from Leeds or 235 delivered. If paying via PayPal + fees or a gift. Cheers
    Highlines
    £100.00
    Postage: £10.00
    Delivery Only

Set of GTI highlines, ending 972 so easier coding. Have slight damage to tabs but still securable
    Mk6 DSG knob and surround
    £95.00
    Postage: £5.00
    Delivery Only

MK6 DSG gear knob, direct fit to mk5 great upgrade over the standard and complete with surround
    • users Users: 3
    • guests Guests: 133