Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Forge engine caps
on May 20, 2018, 04:46:40 PM
Anyone know where I can get these caps in chrome? I saw them a few years back before I got my Edition 30 but I've spent weeks looking for some and can only find ones for the mk7 GTI.

Any help appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Re: White "Lion" Cupra - DSG converted track car
Last Poster: bricksnmortar in Members Rides on Today at 05:35:17 AM
Thanks. How did you get rid of all the ESP but keep your ABS, was that part of a tune?

Re: Disabling ESP not ABS, monitoring DSG temps
Last Poster: bricksnmortar in MK6 General Area on Today at 05:34:05 AM
yes solid yellow. But it still is partly on. Can you completely get rid of it with a tune or is it not possible?

скважина чистая вода
Last Poster: Patriotphm in Wanted on Today at 01:41:51 AM
Привет господа!

Есть такой замечательный сайт для заказа бурения скважин на воду.Основной деятельностью нашей компании является обеспечение клиента качественной питьевой водой в достаточном количестве. скважина

Re: Fuel Filter Changing
Last Poster: Octoparrot in Mk5 General Area on Today at 12:15:34 AM
I change mine once a yearly roughly every 10k at present.

Re: Electrical Gremlin
Last Poster: suave in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:12:50 PM
Berg - that’s exactly what mine scanned up too.

I’ve ordered a new hub and sensor.

Thanks for your help in posting your error

Re: Help. Unable to do a wheel alignment due to seized bolt
Last Poster: andyiseddy02 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:12:29 PM
I carried out this work on the Passat due to knackered bushes and snapped springs.

OMG what a job getting the old rusty bolts out.
OMG trying to get the correct parts from Euro car parts. (Three visits).
OMG getting the new outer bushes in.

Could not use the car until the alignment was done, drove it around the block and it was very strange. Fair pl

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: bobby_fodge in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:10:56 PM
fitted a pedal box +. It took a minute to install and set up.

Took it for a drive and I'm pleased with it, gets rid of that bit of dead time before acceleration.

Re: Smell of petrol in my oil :(
Last Poster: Jgavin1 in Technical Workshop on Yesterday at 08:54:06 PM
Yeh I just found that out! I’m such a novice at these things

Wanted R32 front seat Leather Headrests or Swap with my Gti leather ones
Last Poster: Usual Suspect in Wanted on Yesterday at 07:20:06 PM

As above

I have 2 GTI Leather front seat head rests which have GTI Embossed.

I need 2 of a Golf Mk5 R32 which say R.

If anyone is selling any or wants to swap for my Gti leather ones let me low

Pm, Call or text on 07983 222 677

Many thanks

Re: Your driving pet peeves...
Last Poster: Pudding in Random Chat on Yesterday at 06:15:07 PM
How the system will prosecute you for driving 3-4mph over the speed limit on an A/B road, however it’s perfectly acceptable to drive 20mph UNDER the speed limit.

It isn't acceptable, but old duffers seem to view it as 'safe'.  They should be nabbed for it under the 'Driving w

Re: Low mileage DSG Edition 30 WANTED
Last Poster: Pudding in Wanted on Yesterday at 06:06:19 PM
You didn't look very hard then  :grin:

http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,117419.0.html

I can vouch for that car, and I am one picky mofo!

Re: MK5 Golf GTI suspension refurbishment
Last Poster: Pudding in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 05:58:15 PM
All of the chassis components and subframes use stretch bolts, apart from the brake caliper carrier bolts.

If the rear tyre wear is even and the car tracks straight, there is no need to touch the rear camber bolts.  Save that for when the rear end actually needs a rebush.  The bushes back there can appear to look tired on visual inspection, but in many cases they are sti

Re: AC Issue - Cold air on right side, ambient on left.
Last Poster: Pudding in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 05:36:13 PM
Yep.  I would say that amount of gas lost does indeed point to a ruptured condenser.   Worth doing anyway as a new condenser restores the A/C 100% back to how it should be.  They get clogged up with and clobbered with all kinds of sh1t.

VW probably put it at the front as it's a pretty borderline system anyway, other cars seem to get super cold far quicker.

Re: How do I know for sure that my Diverter Valve needs replacing?
Last Poster: Pudding in Technical Workshop on Yesterday at 05:32:42 PM
You normally get under boost fault codes if the tear in the DV is severe.

For the sake of 50 quid and an hour fiddling around on the turbo, I would replace it anyway for peace of mind.

Re: How long did your first clutch last?
Last Poster: Pudding in Technical Workshop on Yesterday at 05:31:27 PM
You obviously drive with some mechanical sympathy  :happy2:

Re: Dip stick tube replacement?
Last Poster: Shoduchi in Technical Workshop on Yesterday at 04:57:34 PM
I’ve just replaced the dipstick. The tube is fine.

Electric folding mirror with puddle light
Last Poster: HSMraven in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 04:35:27 PM
Does anyone know where I can get an electric folding mirror with a puddle light in tornado red LY3D (passenger side)?

Re: A/c issues
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 03:56:13 PM
The engine cutting out isn't a good sign.  Seems like a lot of load on it, from perhaps a seized up a/c pump?  Was the replacement a genuine pump or a no name refurbed job?

Re: Mk7.5 heated seats in a Mk5?
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 03:53:22 PM
Pretty good price for all that if it's Mentos chewy mint condition.

Re: Removing front & rear ARB DIY?
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 03:40:05 PM
Double that, cubed.

Anything involving the subframe on stands is a ball ache.  I am still traumatised by the Tyrol deadset.

Shoutbox

Golf Mk5 Edition 30 DSG 58k - 3 door
£11000.00
Collection Only

Volkswagen Golf Mk5 GTI Edition 30 230bhp - For Sale

Build plaque number 1587

Special 30th anniversary edition of the Volkswagen Golf Mk5.  Volkswagen didn't make many of these and no doubt they will become a future, appreciating classic.

I bought this car in 2014 with about 19,000 miles on it.  I looked for ages to for a top spec Edition 30 and in the end had to go to Scotland to pick this one up.  It's been very well looked after by both myself and two previous owners.  It's completely standard with full VW service history.  Since owning the car, I've always had the VW extended fully comprehensive warranty on it, so any work needed is done by local VW dealer and genuine OEM parts are fitted.  I have the build number (1587) plaque with the VW letter but it's never been fitted to the car.

So, on to the spec...

2007 car
58,500 miles (this will increase as I'm currently using it)
3-dr Diamond Black (Pearl)
2.0 FSI petrol engine with the KO4 turbo
6 speed DSG gearbox with "paddles" on steering wheel
Usual Edition 30 Half Leather Seats
Electric tilt/slide sunroof (rare option)
Rear parking sensors
Electric front windows
Tinted rear windows
Cruise control
Automatic rain-sensing wipers
Automatic, self-leveling Xenon headlights
Folding mirrors, heated mirrors, position memory when in reverse
Dual climate control, cold air-con, warm heaters, cooled glove box
Heated front seats
Electric lumbar support on front seats
RNS-510 CD/Radio,Full Sat Nav with DVD Player with 2014 maps and postcode search
Additional 6 disc changer with Aux jack input in centre console
Traction Control
Launch Control
Factory Alarm
Xenon lights
18" BBS Original "Pescara" Alloy Wheels in mint condition (this have just been refurbished in silver - dipped, blasted, powder coated and lacquered)
4 x Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres (front assymetric 3s, rear assymetric 2s)
VW Bluetooth 7p6 box under the front seat with full RNS-510 integration - works with my iPhone 5S and iPhone 8
On Board Multifunction Computer (Highline version)
2 keys

Service Overview
================
Cambelt and water pump changed in 2015 - at Ipswich Wolsey VW main dealer
DSG gearbox fluid and filter service in 2014 - at Ipswich Wolsey VW main dealer

30/12/2008 - 2778 miles
31/12/2009 - 5911 miles
15/12/2010 - 9615 miles
15/12/2011 - 15,206 miles
12/12/2012 - 17,768 miles
16/12/2013 - 18,973 miles
29/04/2014 - 19,517 miles (DSG oil and filter at Ipswich Wolsey VW main dealer)
03/11/2014 - 25,489 miles (cam belt and water pump at Ipswich Wolsey VW main dealer)
12/12/2014 - 27,291 miles
11/09/2015 - 36,676 miles
29/07/2016 - 45,932 miles (50,000 miles service, oil filter, engine oil, washer fluid, sump plug at Ipswich Wolsey VW main dealer)
13/07/2017 - 51,532 miles (major service including oil, air, pollen filters and spark plugs + air con service at Ipswich Wolsey VW main dealer)
07/05/2018 - 55,668 miles (cam follower and o-ring replaced, pcv replaced - both by me)
08/06/2018 - 56,576 miles (DSG oil and filter change, brake fluid change - at Ipswich Wolsey VW main dealer)
11/07/2018 - 57,088 miles (Offside front seat belt stalk replaced, small cooling fan replaced, main radiator thermostat replaced)
02/08/2018 - 58,009 miles VW minor service at Wolsey main dealer.

In the last couple of months I have also:
- replaced all 20 wheel bolt dust caps and 4 x wheel center caps (all new from VW main dealer)
- New whip aerial as it has corroded (from VW main dealer)

I was thinking about a re-map to 300bhp+, but to be honest I'd prefer to leave it completely standard, as it's too good to change in my opinion.  I've always tried to run the car on Shell V-Power, Tesco 99 or BP Ultimate fuel.  I have a new service book for it as the standard one was full.

It really is in fantastic condition both inside and outside.  Wheels are NOT kerbed and are mint - they have just been refurbished.  No wing rust.  I searched for a long time when looking for this one but I can't really justify using this for the commute to work.

The car has just had a service with VW Wolsey Ipswich this week.  So any buyer would not have to service the car for a while.

I'm missing one of the tabs off one of the rear centre console vents - I think this would be an easy fix / replace - it just never bothered me so I never got round to fixing it.

Viewings welcome, but I’m afraid I'll be doing the driving on any test drives.  location: Ipswich, Suffolk.

£11,000
R32 Rear lights and bare tailgate.
£145.00
Postage: £22.00
Delivery Only

Genuine set of r32 lights removed from a late 2008 vehicle the light are in very good condition with minor wear and tear scratches /marks please not these are used items and not brand new happy to post these are buyers cost price £145 plus postage £22 also have a genuine vw tailgate in metallic black bare tailgate but does come with all wirring and glass small marks on the spoiler and close to the badge most of which will polish out no rust great tailgate ideal replacement £85 can wrap this for courier at buyers cost will be about £40 or arrange your own  for immediate rrespone to this add call/text me on 07772480088 thanks
2007 Golf Gti For Sale
£3250.00
Collection Only

2007 Golf GTI 4 doors
Black, DSG, 122k FSH (including DSG and cam follower)
MOT Jan 2019
Very clean Cloth Tartan interior
Original BBS VZ wheels with 4 matching Dunlop tyres with 5/ 6mm tread (approx)
Powervalve Exhaust (catback) sounds excellent!
Lowered on H & R springs
R32 rear lights (Bought new from VW)
Paintwork in overall good condition with age related marks.
Interior very good condition with only the drivers bolster showing signs of wear. Usual for this type of seat unfortunately
Huge folder of receipts for work and parts.
Only selling due to purchase of T5.

Located in Swainby, North Yorkshire
Sold
RNS510 SATNAV, LED Version R, Excellent Condition
£420.00
Collection Only

Bought this brand new last year, still in excellent condition. Version R, high firmware and latest maps. LED screen. Plays DVDs on the go. Comes with the original VW code card. No GPS antenna as my car had one already in built in roof but can be bought less than a tenner off ebay
Collection only from Walthamstow, London or Nottingham as im there once every month.
VW RNS510 LED Satnav headunit for sale
£300.00
Postage: £15.00
Delivery or Collection

Version F, with LED screen.
Front is in good condition and unit is in full working order. All seals/clips intact. Comes with the code.
Unit is updated:
V15 West EU maps,
UK Speed cameras,
VIM activated.

300 collected or 315 delivered. If paying via PayPal + fees or a gift. Precoded Can Gateway is available for extra cost to avoid battery drain issue on <07 cars.
  • users Users: 7
  • guests Guests: 146