Make a donation

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
It's hard to see in the video, is it moving a lot?

There is always a tiny bit of play on a disconnected turbo as there's no oil in the bearings, but it should be fairly minimal.

I've compared it with my 1.4's K02 turbo with 158k km on it. That one doesn't move whatsoever. This one moves up, down, left, right back and forth. You can hear it ticking as it hits the wall of the housing.

Right now I'm split between repairing this for $200 and using it till later when I'll get a brand new oem k04 for $1400 or getting a used k04 for $400 and using that if it's in a good enough condition.
Mk5 General Area / Re: VW Golf MK5 2006
« Last post by Octoparrot on Yesterday at 01:20:38 pm »
First thing I'd be looking at is the accessory drive belt, pulleys, alternator etc.
anyone?
Mk5 General Area / Re: VW Golf MK5 2006
« Last post by OllieVRS on Yesterday at 01:17:31 am »
Could you post a video of the sound? Maybe have someone start the car with the bonnet open while you film to try and locate the sound.

It's hard to see in the video, is it moving a lot?

There is always a tiny bit of play on a disconnected turbo as there's no oil in the bearings, but it should be fairly minimal.
1. Check the service history. The car should have been serviced every 10k miles, ideally less. Lack of oil changes can lead to oil system related failures, so the money you save initially ends up costing the same or more down the line.
2. Ideally you'd have someone with VCDS (Ross-Tec) check the car for fault codes, as this can quickly reveal any problems the car has, even problems that are serious yet don't create fault lights on the dash.
3. Check for rust on the front arches, between the rear bumper and rear arches, around the badge on the boot. The wrap may have hidden any rust, so look carefully for unevenness in these areas.
4. Ask for proof of the '280bhp', I'm sceptical it's that powerful given the mods the seller has listed.
5. 3" 'Turbo-back' exhaust means no catalytic converter. Unless the seller is selling the original catalytic converter with the car it will not pass an MOT on emissions.
Recently been looking for a new car to drive and the mk5 gti really caught my eye, I'm planning on buying this car within the next few days any red flags? - I know the car has been heavily modded.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2381815115349228?ref=saved&referral_code=null
Mk5 General Area / Re: GTI grill badge
« Last post by ZoliWorks on April 16, 2024, 05:12:59 pm »
In all fairness, Aliexpress. I've got my R2.0 badges, GTI badges, wheel emblem caps and some 2.0t and gti stick-on badges. They are quite good tbh.
Update on my situation. Took down the stock downpipe to take a look at the turbo. Yeah, it's bad... No wonder it was underboosting..

Mk5 General Area / VW Golf MK5 2006
« Last post by AntonB on April 15, 2024, 09:31:26 am »
Hello! I’m having this strange whining sound just when starting up my MK5 everytime just wondering If anyone knows If this Is normal or what might be causing this. Appreciate all replys.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10