Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mk5 General Area / Re: Which stereo?
« Last post by jgalla89 on Today at 10:40:12 AM Started by blueislander80  »
I currently have and MFD2 in my 2007 mk5 and im thinking of a 330 plus. Is it a straight swap with he cables, ive seen I will maybe need a canbus upgrade and maybe the Fakra radio aerial antenna adaptor.

anything else?
Mk5 General Area / Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
« Last post by DavGTI on Today at 10:35:30 AM Started by ROH ECHT  »
2 rear springs replaced with new bolts and a full service oil, filter, and plugs and booked in for mot.
How to Guides / Troubleshooting / Re: Front wipers issue
« Last post by andyp on Today at 09:37:33 AM Started by andyp  »
I’ve tried spraying the mech etc but still no joy.   Poss motor failure?  All speeds it really struggles on. 
« Last post by Chesto18 on Today at 08:30:01 AM Started by blueislander80  »
OUt of interest what is the sound quality like on these OEM upgraded units verses the original head unit. The RNS 330G plus looks attractive at the moment and interested to hear if the theres a difference.

My new 330 plus is definitely an improvement over the standard 300 if that helps.
Technical Workshop / Re: Just fitted a new style cluster into a 2007 Golf GT
« Last post by ballcrusher on Today at 02:35:42 AM Started by Eddie-NL  »
Hi Eddie-NL is there a price for me to come to you to do all the changes over clocks coding and so on.....thanks
Members Rides / Re: Raj's United Grey GTi 2.0 DSG - Build Thread
« Last post by Caspersmith on Yesterday at 10:14:16 PM Started by Raj2212  »
Nice one man, certainly been through the mill, but you've stuck with it & it seems to be coming out better than what it was!

Bet it's taken a serious amount of organising.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Members Rides / Re: Sunset Red 1.4 TSI(TFSI) GT Sport - daily drive & track car
« Last post by rex on Yesterday at 07:50:42 PM Started by rex  »
Just got the car back from the dealer where it received a full respray (everything was repainted except the boot lid because I wanted to make sure I get the same color :) ). I also changed the windscreen, on headlight and a fog light. The reason I did all this was because the car was affected by a lot of stone chips and other small scratches.
Not it is scratch free and it looks like brand new  :love:

First, some pictures taken by a friend of mine that works at the VW Dealer:

And some of mine, from home:

« Last post by Ads22 on Yesterday at 07:17:26 PM Started by blueislander80  »
OUt of interest what is the sound quality like on these OEM upgraded units verses the original head unit. The RNS 330G plus looks attractive at the moment and interested to hear if the theres a difference.
Mk5 General Area / Re: MFSW and New stereo unit query
« Last post by Ads22 on Yesterday at 06:59:34 PM Started by Ads22  »
I have been looking into as to whether the MFSW controls are really worth the effort. Seems i will likely need a new wheel and control module. Mine is a Manual so theres no space under the blanking plates. Its also a mid line dash display and have discovered that some have issues with being unable to change tracks and radio station with mid line. Is this true as it seems a lot of hassle to fit this to only gain volume and mute buttons.
How to Guides / Troubleshooting / Re: Interior Fan Control Problem
« Last post by jamie on Yesterday at 06:01:32 PM Started by jamie  »
That fixed it - thanks all.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10