Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

*** NEW FORUM PLEA - JANUARY 2017 ***
on January 07, 2017, 02:35:36 PM

:pomppomp: For anyone who wishes to donate just click on the link below  :pomppomp:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=LGHF5VDSC6AQL

Dear Faithful Members,

It's time again for us to ask for your help, Our forum funds have run out again and we need your support to top up the kitty to keep the site running, and to maintain it's independence (from sponsors etc).

So please dig deep and drop some funds to the cause via the link above  :happy2:

Thanks,

Re: Mk5 parcel shelf
Last Poster: DANBOY66 in Wanted on Today at 02:49:44 AM
i have one
can post one out to you if need be

Re: Tailgate automatic opening from fob (boot pop mod)
Last Poster: r5gtt in Mk5 General Area on Today at 02:00:35 AM
Also had mine for a good time now.. Mine never had any problem, not even when it's cold outside.

I like it alot! :)
Maybe the febi struts are stronger hence you don't have issues with opening   :thinking:

Re: Canbus Gateway - RNS510
Last Poster: MIJ_JAGGER in Wanted on Today at 01:48:01 AM
My Q I bought, waiting for it to come through post, will be for sale. Turns out my K is fine. Be happy to let it go for £20+pp (what I paid for it)
Anyone interested drop me a pm

Re: Anti roll bar bushes
Last Poster: r5gtt in Mk5 General Area on Today at 01:06:49 AM
They would need to cut the brackets off the roll bar to fit the bushing in.
It can be done but a lot of work in it!!!

Re: Super pro adjustable ball joints
Last Poster: r5gtt in Mk5 General Area on Today at 01:03:48 AM
What’s brakes you running mate and disc size.
Atm I'm running Porsche 911 TT brakes with merc 350mm ML discs with nonossuea at all. I'm thinking of getting my revo back which are 356mm floating discs but that's the issue I'm having with BJ's rubbing the discs

Black edition 30 - Maidstone.
Last Poster: Lenham in Spotted on Yesterday at 10:52:47 PM
Saw a nice black edition 30 going down blue bell hill around 9:15 thismorning,  just wondering if it's anyone on here?

Re: Mk2 Golf 3.2 VR6 Kamei Edition + GTI 8v Mini Resto
Last Poster: th3_f15t in Other VAG on Yesterday at 10:40:19 PM
Decided today that enough is enough... The engine needed putting back together. Got the head back on the car, bolted and torqued down, put the 272 camshaft back in, lined up my timing marks from when I removed it, re-connected everything and then realised that because I left the downpipe off thinking I could fit it from under the car after the head was on, I realised too late that

Re: upgrade from iPhone 6 to 7, or to 8??
Last Poster: shaunK in Random Chat on Yesterday at 10:17:41 PM
I've just jumped from a 7 to an 8 simply because I but mine outright, I dropped my 7 and got a refurb one on insurance so could sell it for top money.

The 8 is great, maybe slightly quicker but not really that you'd ever notice. The wireless charging I've used once lol. The huge downside to the 8 I find is as the rear is made of glass it slides off of everything!!!

Re: Which canbus for upgrade?
Last Poster: Christiank in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Yesterday at 10:07:18 PM
7N0 will allow you to do more retrofits since it's from a newer car.

I'm using 7N0 "AS" .. This gives you EXT.can, 5F and much much more :)

Cam chain timing tools
Last Poster: Ant b in Technical Workshop on Yesterday at 09:55:33 PM
Hello just wondering has any one on here got the cam chain timing tools(preferably genuine) that I could borrow for a fee.
Ive got everything to change my cam chain but the tools,and there not cheap.
Thanks Ant

Re: Audi Fat 5 Alloys Onto Mk5 Golf Spigot Rings
Last Poster: jaffa in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:15:32 PM
if they are 18x8.5  fat fives from a audi a8 then the CB is 57.1 and a straight fit

if they are mk1 audi tt fat fives then they are 17" 5x100 and won't fit your mk5 anyway

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: willni in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:50:01 PM
BCS Powervalve Catback installed  :happy2:

It gets better with age  :wink:

Re: Edition 30 starting issue
Last Poster: swight in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:02:19 PM
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I think the battery needs investigating. It may have a cell off, which could cause this.

Re: Dog one small bush, subframe need dropping?
Last Poster: wrlcs in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 07:47:37 PM
Great. Very useful.

Re: Rear trailing arm bushes
Last Poster: Mcdubber in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 07:11:34 PM
Thanks for the reply.

I have looked at the complete arms and wondered if it might be easier just replacing the whole arm.

Do you know if the bushes need to be pressed in?

I’m not sure I can actually be bothered tackling it myself, I don’t really have the time and the shorter daylight hours doesn’t help either.

Re: Oil pick up carbon build up.
Last Poster: Pudding in Technical Workshop on Yesterday at 07:07:03 PM
I change my oil when it gets dark and smells a bit blow by saturated, which on my 116K old ED30 is every 2-3K.   When you run a lot more boost than standard, the standard oil change intervals go out the window.  0.9 bar vs 1.5+ is going to saturate the oil considerably quicker.

I could extend it out to 5-6K, but when Mobil 1 FS 0W40 is only £35, it's cheap enough to do f

Re: Any feedback from Colchester Inchcape Volkswagen for servcing?
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 06:55:52 PM
I've seen a Pirelli and a red Edition 30 roaming around Colchester regularly.  Either of those yours?

Inchcape are happy for you to supply your own oil for the servicing too.  I only use Mobil 1 in my engines  :smiley:

Re: Candy White Golf GTI Ed. 30 - 5th track day at Estoril
Last Poster: Shoduchi in Members Rides on Yesterday at 03:11:24 PM
You been bussy :happy2:
Keep up the great work! How'z the trackdays?

The track days are addictive. :signLOL:

Re: Leroy's 2005 laser blue GTI
Last Poster: Kai96 in Members Rides on Yesterday at 02:40:42 PM
Looking good nice progress

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Re: Edition 30 - Register
Last Poster: Bryony in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 02:24:54 PM
1876 - but I have her up for sale as I'm moving to Thailand  :sad1:

Shoutbox

Genuine BBS CK011 18" Pick up only Ayrshire
£200.00
Collection Only

Set of Genuine BBS CK011 18" x 8" ET 44 5x112 complete with BBS carbon inserts (couple of minor surface scratches on these).  I am selling these as "requiring a refurb".  The tyres are 225/40/18 Pirelli Nero Zero and are legal with approximately 3mm however, they are needing replacing.  Given the tyre life and condition of the wheels, I have priced these accordingly.

All have some kerbing, varying from minor to one having kerbing and a chip about the size of 5p.  There are no big gouges, cracks, buckles or welds in these wheels and from 5m they looked mint before a run in with a kerb.  I ran these on my 2010 S3 but they will fit other VAG cars. Please check fitment before buying.

I'm not willing to post these, pick up only - they fit inside S3 with back seats down/parcel shelf out so will easily fit inside a Golf.  Located in Ayrshire.

I have only given these a quick clean, given they are being sold as requiring a refub.
Standard Steering Wheel (Can be converted to MFSW)
£20.00
Postage: £10.00
Delivery or Collection

Standard 3 spoke steering wheel, has spots for the buttons behind the blanks so can be converted to a multi function steering wheel
For sale 1500
£1500.00
Collection Only

07950955803

Engine management light on the fault is showing inconsistent signal between crank and cam sensors idling lumpy but drives fine. Had 000's spent on her including crank and cam sensor timing belt timing chain 3 tyres with approx 2000 miles or less on them, new rear discs pads calipers, new rear springs. Ram air oversized induction kit (still have original airbox) Red gti matts.
I really dont want to part with the car its my pride and joy but unfortunately I've run out of money to throw at her, the mot is running out on the 17th of october and will not pass another due to the emissions caused by the fault.
Any further questions please drop me a message on here or email Rclewis2412@gmail.com
Many thanks
Skoda Fabia vRS Special Edition ***REDUCED***
£2990.00
Collection Only

Skoda Fabia vRS Special Edition 2007 Number: 729/1000

126,500miles verified mileage

MOT 19/04/2018

1.9 TDI

6 Speed Manual

2 Keys

Lady Owner

4 Previous Owners

Serviced and maintained by Awesome Gti due in April 2018

Cambelt and waterpump replaced at 101,731 miles (2nd time) in 2015

Very rare Race Blue with red brake calipers

Cruise Control, electric windows, electric mirrors, remote central locking, air conditioning

Factory tinted rear windows

Comes with private plate J4VMO

Exterior
Car is in very good condition with age related stone chips to the bonnet, it comes with a wrapped black grill other than this the car is standard.  The car has recently had the headlights professionally cleaned. The car has a few minor marks around the car.

Engine
The car benefits from a professional Revo remap which was done from the dealership when the car was nearly new, approximately 160+bhp this is not an aggressive map easily returns 55+mpg.  The engine is standard apart from this.  It has had a new intercooler and the lower intercooler pipe replaced at Awesome Gti recently and a new battery installed with receipt a few months ago.  It has had a new clutch master cylinder.  Gearbox is smooth with no issues, engine pulls superbly, clutch is fine.

Interior
Excellent condition, original blue piped full leather seats front and back with matching special edition numbers, uprated Pioneer headunit, original will headunit will be sold with the car.

Wheels and tyres
Wheels are original and in very good condition but showing some a little bit of wear in places but do come up nice with no corrosion and little kerbing.  Tyres all have at least 4mm of thread.
The car runs fantastic and has never missed a beat the mileage is average for its age.

Not so good bits
The car has a leaking seal in the rear door which, during a heavy rain storm can let a little bit of weather in, it would require a new door seal. The passenger door unlocking can be a bit temperamental and fail to unlock.

Only reason for sale is my job requires even more mileage and have offered a lease car so the Fabia will just be sat unused.

Grab yourself a bargain on this future classic

£3150ovno

Contact Niki 07701055122

PRICE DROP!x2 Quad Milltek Sport Exhaust with matching sprayed ABT Valance
£295.00
Collection Only

PRICE DROP!

Hi guys,

Unique one here. Sold my 2.0TSFI Mk5 Golf GTI now, so stripped the exhaust and valance for sale.

This is a Milltek exhaust, bought from by AwesomeGTI.com with a matching ABT rear valance which has been sprayed in the same factory colour black as my mk5 Golf GTI.

Pictures were pretty hard to take, especially the one with my forum user name on but hopefully they do it justice. The look and sound is beyond awesome without being over the top!

Cheers, 
  • users Users: 1
  • guests Guests: 133