Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Posting pictures in for sale ads
on November 03, 2017, 07:50:48 AM
How can I post pictures in for sale ads?

Neither links from photobucket or Flickr work.
Re: DV relocation bits
Last Poster: harveym3 in Wanted on Today at 11:08:29 AM
If you can get it mate it a bargain if not let me know

Go Pro Action Camera Alternatives
Last Poster: Manny_ED30 in Photography Section on Today at 11:02:41 AM
Hi all

I'm looking to buy myself (for xmas of course!) some Go Pro like camera equipment just to have some fun and play around with a few edits here and there.

Just wondering if anybody on here uses Go Pro or any of the alternatives and what would you recommend? I know of the quality Go Pro offers but this also comes with the steep prices. Therefore I am look

Re: Quite induction
Last Poster: Pudding in Performance Modifications on Today at 11:00:28 AM
Interesting, cheers Dan.  I am glad someone else has also pondered on this and looked into alternatives.

I am getting a Stage 2+ Revo flash tomorrow, so I will see if things improve.  I did wonder if their tune is specifically matched to their own intake, but then again if it was, surely they would insist on using their own intake and not let you use Brand X?  When I enq

Re: PCV Part numbers and the Eurojet PCV Fix
Last Poster: pandaman in Mk5 General Area on Today at 10:38:31 AM
So if I want the latest standard parts, are the part numbers above correct?

Re: 2018 RNS510 maps
Last Poster: shoaybmakda in Sat Nav and Car Audio on Today at 10:34:15 AM
@ady-uk
@Rossimac
@loop

Where are you guys based? I'm in Leicester and will have the DVD available once I've finished installin

Re: Stage2+ worry it ?
Last Poster: Pudding in Performance Modifications on Today at 10:08:23 AM
At part throttle or in boost?  I can see the former happening, but not the latter.  Haven't noticed much difference with my IATs in boost with the Revo intake.  It does make a difference to performance, but eno

Re: White "Lion" Cupra - DSG conversion in progress
Last Poster: teo_parvu in Members Rides on Today at 09:44:18 AM
Now I'm concerned about those 40kgs that the DSG will add.  :thinking:

So future plans are:

- Carbon sunroof delete
 - Rear wiper delete
 - Maybe change the engine map to MRC

Something like this, but I cannot find it in Europe (Passat, Golf, Leon, Altea use the same sunroof):  :grin:

[img width=786 height=524]https://cdn.shopi

Re: Thinking of Selling gti for r32
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Today at 09:42:55 AM
I bought a silver 3 door MK4 R32 in 2013 with 50K miles on it with a view to convert it to DSG.  It's been done in Europe but not in the UK, to my knowledge.  The best gearbox matched to the best looking R32, what's not to like?  :laugh:

The only mods I felt it needed were genuine 'Ocean' rear tail lights, US seat covers for the Koenig seats (3 partitions instead of 2, w

Re: Edition30 #0151
Last Poster: teo_parvu in Members Rides on Today at 09:32:25 AM
A beauty...and DSG!  :happy2:
What are the future plans?

Re: Projector lights guide
Last Poster: RetroRaz in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Today at 08:07:45 AM
Fitting wise its straight plug in. I would definitely get it coded, its only 1 check box.

Ive had 2 depo sets and  recently switched from a HID kit to a LED bulb. Better light output and no need to worry

Re: Desperate Wheel Offset Help
Last Poster: Jonj1611 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 08:47:28 PM
Hi,

Thought I would come back an update this. Test fitted and stuck out just a little too far. So ordered the exact same wheels with the correct offset and now looks great :)

Re: Steering wobble
Last Poster: coolhandluke in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 08:38:48 PM
Thanks for all the input , discs and pads not that old and balance weights all intact.
You would almost think the wheel was loose which it isn't and it only lasts less than a minute before it disappears again and under normal driving .
Will get it lacked up and wheel of when I get back for a better look.

Re: RTech - Disappointed that my enquiry was not answered
Last Poster: Gtcpaul1971 in R-Tech Zone on Yesterday at 07:02:40 PM
Nop. Checked, nothing back. 👍

Re: WANTED: Mk5 GTI
Last Poster: GTI DAZ in Wanted on Yesterday at 05:09:03 PM
I already have some parts ordered just want the armrest now. Hoping to get the rust done on warranty as it’s an 06 plate

Re: VibraTechnics 'Fast Road' Engine Mounts (manual) - 2 x sides and 1 x dogbone
Last Poster: 99hagued in Product Reviews on Yesterday at 04:08:40 PM
Thanks mate!

Yep, even with the dogbone done, the standard shoulder mounts still allow a lot of movement.  Especially in the summer months when ambient temps and radiated heat from the drivetrain really softens them up. 

Mine has been dyno'd with all 3 VT mounts and engine roc

Wanted: Mk5 GTI DSG
Last Poster: golfather in Wanted on Yesterday at 04:01:59 PM
Late as poss
Cash waiting :happy2:

Re: Stop engine
Last Poster: Ant b in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 03:58:23 PM
The coolent level is fine as I changed my thermostat last week and check it everyday after,it only does it sometimes and disaperers straight away

Re: Ohlins Road & Track DFV Coilovers
Last Poster: teo_parvu in Product Reviews on Yesterday at 02:59:23 PM
Didn't see this great review until now. Thanks man!  :happy2:
I was thinking of them too but since mine has become a track-toy and I don't care of any noise, rattle, vibration, I choose AST with hard spring rates. But this kit is pure quality,
Now this car deserves that summer project (DSG Conversion) if you can get a good, low mileage one. :jumping:

Re: What size spacers for Monza 2's ??
Last Poster: Raj2212 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 01:31:50 PM
I am currently running a 20mm drop on Eibach springs with Monza 2’s. I have 10mm spacers all round and it looks sweet. I would be careful if going anything more than 10mm on the front as I had some rubbing issues when I first lowered it. Performed the front arch mod as mentioned above and it’s sorted

Re: Anyone around West Yorkshire that will code Canbus Gateway?? RESOLVED
Last Poster: Raj2212 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 01:16:27 PM
Thanks for the response guys. And @MIJ_JAGGER , thanks for the canbus mate. Gonna go down the route of getting it coded. [url=http://www.mk

Shoutbox

Forge Catch can for tfsi
£150.00
Single Image
    Postage: £10.00
    Delivery Only

Forge catch can for sale, in full working order, one hose finisher is missing due to the clamp not working but there is a standard clamp there. Finishers are about £5 off eBay.

This was fitted to my car with a charcoal filter.

More pics can be supplied if needed via text or email, it's a pain to upload from my phone to this site.

Cheers
    Richie.
    Vw golf mk5 gti edition 30 stage2+ forsale Tornado red DSG
    £9199.00
    Collection Only

Sadly the car has to go up forsale after nearly 3 years of loving it like a child haha.

I purchased this from ed30sam123 user on here in sept 2015.

I've spent a fortune on the car as you will see in my thread http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101264.0.html

Factory fitted extras
    DSG
    Xenons
    Privacy glass – tinted rear side and rear windows
    Armrest with cup holder cover and rear air vents
    RCD500 6 disc cd changer with 10 speakers
    Lux Pack – Electric folding mirrors with puddle lights and mirror dip on reverse
    Ipod preparation in armrest
    Cruise control
    Highline dash
    MFSW – steering wheel buttons
    RNS510 sat nav
    Bluetooth with voice dialling.
    Genuine Mk6 reverse camera integrated into rear badge
    Audi S3 jacking points
    Brushed aluminium ash tray cover
    Puddle lights in door cards
    Golf Mk6 Blue motion Engine Undertray

Other mods
    Carbon dipped centre dash
    Carbon effect wing mirror covers (kept the red ones aswell)
    White LED interior lights
    Custom built heat shields
    Team heko wind deflectors
    Polar FIS
    Full Polybush Kit
    H&R 28/24 ARB kit
    cold air induction kit
    oz ultraleggera 18inch alloys
    S3 brake calipers front 345mm discs
    Eibach 25mm springs
    peron intercooler
    rs4 fuel pressure valve
    DV+ Diverter valve
    Full miltek turboback sportscat
    Autotech HPFP
    Stage 2+ remap from rtech 363bhp 394ftlb

Full service history
    Fully stamped
    2 keys
    86,119 milleage
    Oil changes every 6 months
    Cam follower recently changed
    Fuel pick up pipe recently changed
    Had the car painted and both front wings changed and painted
    All receipts for all work has been kepted
    New brake discs and pads fitted to rear at last service and front pads.
    Last april fuel filter changed.
    Mechatronics was replaced for brandnew one on 27/02/16 had no problems since and its nice and smooth
    Dsg fluid and filter changed recently
    Front fans also got changed last april and new condenser
    Water pump and timing belt changed on 27/02/16

27/02/16 at slaters in nottingham mileage 76150
    22/08/16 at automek performance mileage 78899
    19/07/17 at automek performance mileage 83766

The last service on 19/07/17 had oil pick up pipe done, dsg fluid and filter,oil and filter change,spark plugs,front pads,rear discs and pads,pcv valve. most things that have been changed have just been for peace of mind.

The car really has had no expense spared on it and is running great no rattles or weird noises, it will be sad to see it go. would love it to go to another forum member to keep an eye on it haha
    The folder of the receipts go on and on, I'm pretty sure another forum member before ed30sam123 had it also had it aswell so it has been in good hands before me,

Bad points... Tyres are legal but will need new tyres shortly, also need tracking done but i'm fussy, although was recently painted it does have a few stone chips on the front but what car doesn't but they aren't bad and you can only see them when polishing/waxing/washing up close.

Any info needed just ask.

£9199 No PX and no silly offers.

Thanks

Polar FIS
    £185.00
    Single Image
      Postage: £10.00
      Delivery or Collection

Polar FIS Box
      Complete with cables, manual and box
      Skyline inner ring modded lights
      £55.00
      Postage: £0.00
      Delivery Only

Skyline inner ring modded lights painted standards lights

*Reduced* 2007 "57" Edition 30 - Black - 5 door - DSG
      £7600.00
      Collection Only

2007 "57" Edition 30 (no. 1231)
      MOT Till August 2018 - No advisories
      85000 miles
      Full VW History till 2016
      Completely standard
      Oil changed every 6 months, and NGK sparkplugs otherwise no engine mods
      MFSW and Highline clocks
      XTRONS android headunit, still have original if required
      Good condition
      Family owned since 2012 - Has only been to VW for any work until Jan 2017 - all reciepts and stacks of paperwork and all stamped history in original books
      Changed DV few months ago for latest revision - Didnt need it but precautionary
      2 Keys
      Purchased originally from this forum in 2012

Heated seats - AC working been charged several times over the years by VW -
      Quick sale

+ reciepts for all work carried out from VW - some major ones listed below

September 2013 - Steering Rack and loom replaced by VW Loughton under recall
      March 2012 - 29533 miles - Cambelt change
      August 2015 - 64966 miles - Cambelt water pump change