Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mk5 General Area / Gold monzas?
« Last post by shail on Today at 11:39:35 PM Started by shail  »
Getting my monzas powder coated as they are in bad shape.

Wanted silver chrome with grey inserts, but powder coater said that for some reason the chrome silver bubbles on previously badly corroded areas, so he's not happy to do.

Choices - which one would you choose?

1. Any single colour - £120
2. Any two tone e.g Silver with grey inserts - £240

Single colour seems like much better value, but want colour? I'd love to see a red golf with gold monzas - too much?

What would you do?  Choices choices...,

Mk5 General Area / Re: S3 Intercooler, alloy end tanks.
« Last post by pandaman on Today at 09:20:09 PM Started by pandaman  »
Cheers guys ill give Audi a ring tomorrow and see what they can do. What's this about a discount??

If not, thanks Shoduchi, I just found this On ebay.de :https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-Audi-A3-S3-Ladeluftkuhler-Intercooler-1K0-145-803-P-Neu/182790123668#shpCntId

Seems to be a genuine part and cheaper than onlychargeddubs

Another option I've come across is OEM parts by brands such as Nissens and Van Wezel, are the any good? they seem to be a fair bit cheaper but I'm sure there's a reason for it!
Mk5 General Area / Re: GTi Mk5 or Mk6 as a race car?
« Last post by Shoduchi on Today at 08:31:33 PM Started by bricksnmortar  »
Yes, it's flywheel. The dyno was a Bapro, so it measures wheel drag to calculate flywheel power as well. :smiley:

I think the mk6 GTI intake is much better than the mk5 GTI intake. Upgrading it would be something to leave for later after testing the engine output with the factory intake. You're not aiming for very high numbers where a less restrictive intake would be needed.

DSG is better on acceleration, so on a circuit with good straights to push the limits of acceleration, it should be better. You can check teo_parvu's topic where he retrofitted a DSG to his Leon Cupra to use on Time Attack races: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96115.msg955433.html#new. :smiley:

The DSG might need an upgraded oil cooler which isn't cheap. If you mind budget a manual car will be cheaper to setup, I think.
« Last post by Shoduchi on Today at 08:20:14 PM Started by pandaman  »
Yes, the 1K0145803P hasn't been replaced yet. You can always check if Audi can sell you one (don't forget to ask for the discount). I'm almost sure that ebay.de might have them cheaper than from Audi, though.
Members Rides / Re: New car: R32
« Last post by Andy on Today at 07:32:51 PM Started by Andy  »

Start of new drive
Mk5 General Area / Re: My new car - GTI
« Last post by andyiseddy02 on Today at 07:22:57 PM Started by mobbsmobbs  »
Ring Awesome and ask for John Glover, 0161 776 0777, ask his advice regarding changing the brake fluid/snapping the bleed nipple.
Always best to get a second opinion if nothing else.

« Last post by ROH ECHT on Today at 06:00:53 PM Started by pandaman  »
There are some out there still; https://www.google.com/search?q=1K0145803P&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b-1

I plugged in the pn:1K0145803P into an Audi dealership, and they still show there being some available. But this I would confirm that they haven't got a non-alloy cap replacement or revised version for that part number.
Mk5 General Area / Re: MK5 gti stage 2+ 90K price ?
« Last post by Dan_FR on Today at 05:59:43 PM Started by jacobrownoly  »
4k, maybe a little more
Mk5 General Area / Re: MK5 gti stage 2+ 90K price ?
« Last post by Rossimac on Today at 05:18:48 PM Started by jacobrownoly  »
6k?
Mk5 General Area / Re: GTi Mk5 or Mk6 as a race car?
« Last post by bricksnmortar on Today at 04:47:13 PM Started by bricksnmortar  »
A friend of mine had a mk6 GTI with an APR intake and decat 3'' downpipe making near 290 HP with 98 RON petrol. It's a better engine to tune than the EA113 AXX or BWA. :smiley:

thanks Shoduchi, so am guessing that is flywheel hp but calculated with a percentage added back in from a wheel dyno? So for 290 and take out maybe 12% for drivetrain makes it around 190kw atw with no head work which is nice.
Do you think the intake in a Mk6 GTi is restrictive or doesn't affect hp too much?
And what do you think about DSG vs manual in a race car?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10