Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mk5 General Area / Re: Steering rack on its way out?
« Last post by Ads22 on Yesterday at 11:06:01 PM Started by Ads22  »
Well getting to the point now that i hate driving it. Very tempted to just get rid via We buy any car or something along those lines. Theres reports even coming up on new racks failing. Are golf racks just inheritantly crap or am i reading too much into it. Do most just get it done cheaply with a second hand rack and hope for the best?
Im not so worried about the noise its the overall drivability of the car, it feels like only being driven on one side? Totally at a loss with this thing.
Mk5 General Area / Re: Bolt dropped behind Door skin
« Last post by willni on Yesterday at 10:36:20 PM Started by willni  »
There's a high spec screw organiser in the vid Mr Pudding posted above :happy2:

Knowing my luck I'd accidentally kick that space age tech lol, are the window seals easily enough changed? Rear back door window is letting in a little moisture so would be a good time of year for me to change it too, the windows seem to be able to be pushed in about 1-3 mm which is worrying.
« Last post by 4ndy on Yesterday at 08:54:26 PM Started by willni  »
Do you know the screws holding the skins on are of different thread lengths. They replacing correctly

Thanks for the heads up! Will be getting a bolt organiser for the job
[/quote]There's a high spec screw organiser in the vid Mr Pudding posted above :happy2:
« Last post by willni on Yesterday at 08:38:07 PM Started by willni  »
Do you know the screws holding the skins on are of different thread lengths. They replacing correctly
[/quote]

Thanks for the heads up! Will be getting a bolt organiser for the job
Mk5 General Area / Re: Headlight choices
« Last post by Dogma on Yesterday at 08:37:08 PM Started by AliGTI  »
:grin:  I'm 45 years young  :wink:  I have mentioned quite a few times on here I'm an old crust  :P

Youngster

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Detailing / Re: Best wax for black?
« Last post by willni on Yesterday at 08:34:50 PM Started by mgt  »
Can you still get coloured waxes to help reduce the obviousness of stone chips and minor scuffs and scratches?

Yes, Dodojuice is the main manufacturer of them, and they're very good waxes too, but it is limited in what the coloured waxes can do. I use them more for tinting paints to get whiter appearances, tone down paint etc.

https://dodojuice.net/collections/car-wax-inc-hybrid/products/black-widow-hybrid-wax-100ml - black

https://dodojuice.net/collections/car-wax-inc-hybrid/products/blue-velvet-250ml-car-wax - Purple
Mk5 General Area / Re: New to me GTI
« Last post by GTi_User on Yesterday at 07:24:11 PM Started by GTi_User  »
Thanks Pudding,

What I probably wasn’t clear about was that the garage had changed the cam follower (also thermostat) so would have had to take off the HPFP and I collected the car and it was running rough/turbo stutte after I drove away from the garage.

Going back to the garage in the morning to get it sorted, fingers crossed it’s something simple! But will get the DV checked too.

Thanks
Wanted / Uprated hpfp and pcv blank
« Last post by Pikey Motorsports on Yesterday at 06:44:35 PM Started by Pikey Motorsports  »
As above needed ASAP preferably autotech
How to Guides / Troubleshooting / Re: Need help,won’t go above 20mph
« Last post by Ant b on Yesterday at 06:01:41 PM Started by Ant b  »
I think it’s looking that way
Other VAG / Re: Porsche Cayman 981 Black Edition
« Last post by Pudding on Yesterday at 04:50:28 PM Started by rex  »
Best colour for a Porsche  :happy2:    I was never a big fan of the original Cayman but yours looks great.

Your English is superb.  Are you an English person living in Romania, or are you Romanian with excellent English?  :smiley:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10