Make a donation

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Mk5 General Area / Mk5 Headliner Replacement - Suggestions
« Last post by g7jhp on Today at 09:39:26 pm »
The headliner on my 5 door Mk5 (non sunroof) has separated from the foam backing and now hangs from the front centre panel, rear centre light panel and back.

I've watched the video and will probably drop the headliner, clean it off and re-glue some new fabric and reassemble.

Having measured I think circa 140cm (wide) by 200cm (length) should be fine, but may go for 300cm.

Can anyone recommend where I can get a black headliner fabric which is like OEM?

Aight, went with the second option. Got a $420 used K04 off of a 2.0 TFSI BWJ that the owner upgraded to a GT35xx, built the engine and is now pushing well over 600hp according to his dyno logs. Turbocharge is by no means new but for a 225k km charger is in a pretty good shape with close to no play in the compressor wheel. In case it does break later on, it's a $300-$400 repair which is still only half of what a brand new oem charger would cost (I've looked at the local prices again, they are higher than I remember). Now all I need is good weather and I can get started on putting this car together as it's currently on stands in my garage.

Will be the first turbocharger I install but luckily I have people to rely on in case I need info on anything.

Mk5 General Area / Upgrade injectors for k04 turbo (fsi engine)
« Last post by Doomhand on Today at 05:46:07 pm »
I'm looking to upgrade my injectors along with the HPFP to support a k04 turbo, but it seems I'm kind of limited to what injectors I can use.

I've heard the best option is audi s3/golf R injectors with part number 06F906036F but they apparenly have very limited availability and are very expensive (around $250 usd for each).

What other options there are? I've heard that RS4 injectors have a different flow pattern and are difficult to tune. What about mk7 injectors? are they bigger? will they work?

I need to some options without spending 1k on it.

Thanks!
It's hard to see in the video, is it moving a lot?

There is always a tiny bit of play on a disconnected turbo as there's no oil in the bearings, but it should be fairly minimal.

I've compared it with my 1.4's K02 turbo with 158k km on it. That one doesn't move whatsoever. This one moves up, down, left, right back and forth. You can hear it ticking as it hits the wall of the housing.

Right now I'm split between repairing this for $200 and using it till later when I'll get a brand new oem k04 for $1400 or getting a used k04 for $400 and using that if it's in a good enough condition.
Mk5 General Area / Re: VW Golf MK5 2006
« Last post by Octoparrot on Yesterday at 01:20:38 pm »
First thing I'd be looking at is the accessory drive belt, pulleys, alternator etc.
anyone?
Mk5 General Area / Re: VW Golf MK5 2006
« Last post by OllieVRS on Yesterday at 01:17:31 am »
Could you post a video of the sound? Maybe have someone start the car with the bonnet open while you film to try and locate the sound.

It's hard to see in the video, is it moving a lot?

There is always a tiny bit of play on a disconnected turbo as there's no oil in the bearings, but it should be fairly minimal.
1. Check the service history. The car should have been serviced every 10k miles, ideally less. Lack of oil changes can lead to oil system related failures, so the money you save initially ends up costing the same or more down the line.
2. Ideally you'd have someone with VCDS (Ross-Tec) check the car for fault codes, as this can quickly reveal any problems the car has, even problems that are serious yet don't create fault lights on the dash.
3. Check for rust on the front arches, between the rear bumper and rear arches, around the badge on the boot. The wrap may have hidden any rust, so look carefully for unevenness in these areas.
4. Ask for proof of the '280bhp', I'm sceptical it's that powerful given the mods the seller has listed.
5. 3" 'Turbo-back' exhaust means no catalytic converter. Unless the seller is selling the original catalytic converter with the car it will not pass an MOT on emissions.
Recently been looking for a new car to drive and the mk5 gti really caught my eye, I'm planning on buying this car within the next few days any red flags? - I know the car has been heavily modded.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/2381815115349228?ref=saved&referral_code=null
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10