Make a donation

Author Topic: Scirocco R Waiting Times.  (Read 6336 times)

Offline sixpot

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 3
Scirocco R Waiting Times.
« on: November 21, 2010, 01:49:28 pm »
On Thursday this week my Dad had a phone call off the VW main dealers to say they had a confirmed build date for his Rocco R.
So After placing his order in December 2009!! he has been told his car will be built in week 48.
How long do they take to reach the dealers after they are built?
 He's hoping it may arrive just before Christmas!

Has anyone else had to suffer a wait of 12 months for a VW of any kind?   :surprised:

Offline RedRobin

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
Re: Scirocco R Waiting Times.
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 02:06:21 pm »
Snoopy posted this useful info on another forum:

\\ VWuk has to book a certain number of production slots on the factory lines a year in advance.
What happens is VWuk and other countries often get it wrong in the amount they need to book.
Last year they booked less due to economy and underestimated the scrappage deal draw to customers.
This year im guessing they thought the VAT hike and end of scrappage would reduce demand more than it has.
So Dealers only get a ceratin amount of cars a month to sell but still sell more if they can which bumps the time up.
Other countries and UK also try and beg VW for more slots which often bumps other orders down the line and so on and so on.
VW have to get parts from parts suppliers who cut back on staff due to the economy and so cannot produce parts quick enough which holds VW up.
VW also cut back on production capability a few years back due to lack of demand and this takes time to get back upto speed.
Nearly all VWgroup factorys have hit these problems skodas delays are longer than VWs on certain models. And SEATs have a long delay on certain models too.
The fire in one of there factorys that build the scirocco has not helped reduce delays on that and other models made there.
The mk6 maybe quicker to build BUT thats no good if you don't have the capacity to build to the demand or the infantry to ship/deliver/store and handly this amount of extra production of cars or the supply chain to supply you with more components to make extra cars.
As i said earlier check other websites, other countries are waiting as long as the UK or longer especially if there country get there amount of slots ordered wrong. //

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline Sunglasses Ron

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 15
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2010, 04:39:47 pm »
On Thursday this week my Dad had a phone call off the VW main dealers to say they had a confirmed build date for his Rocco R.
So After placing his order in December 2009!! he has been told his car will be built in week 48.
How long do they take to reach the dealers after they are built?
 He's hoping it may arrive just before Christmas!

Has anyone else had to suffer a wait of 12 months for a VW of any kind?   :surprised:

That quite simply is a joke, I don't care what excuse VW come up with. I'd have cancelled long ago and admire your dad's patience mate, i'd of been  :scared:
Or he could always cancel his order and pay £30,000 for a 6,000 mile old TDI Rocco..  :stupid:

http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2179614.htm
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 04:43:49 pm by Sunglasses Ron »

Offline chungster

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 33
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2010, 04:51:28 pm »
Lol that's more than a R! They having a laugh??

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 05:18:36 pm »
A3/S3 are up to and over 6 months at the moment.  I was offered what I paid for mine by a dealer recently.
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 06:05:31 pm »
A3/S3 are up to and over 6 months at the moment.  I was offered what I paid for mine by a dealer recently.

I was offered over 28K for my Rocco R by a dealer recently.  Several people are well over the year point for their order.

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 06:09:30 pm »
ha u could have made a profit on it!!!  damn!

The other chap really should have sold it back to a VW dealer rather than a Lotus one who had no idea what a Roc R is.

Offline QD MBE

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 102
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 06:12:38 pm »
ha u could have made a profit on it!!!  damn!

The other chap really should have sold it back to a VW dealer rather than a Lotus one who had no idea what a Roc R is.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh!   :grin:

Offline chungster

• Thank You
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 06:13:28 pm »
 :signLOL:

Offline Snoopy

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 31
  • -Receive: 15
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 06:43:29 pm »
10 months is the norm for a scirocco R at the moment.
The fire in the factory a few months back has not helped matters.
It can take after build week upto 3weeks from factory to delivery to customer but thats a worst case (or longer if its for me lol) but thats not the norm, work on a couple of weeks after the build week as a guide but your dealer should know whats happenning after the build week and keep you updated on what ship it will be on when it gets to the port etc as its all on the system.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2010, 06:47:31 pm by Snoopy »
Ex mk5 GTI owner, moved to a mk6 in 2010.

Offline Poverty

• Thank You
  • -Given: 36
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2010, 12:48:17 am »
I cant stand waiting, so whenever im ready to buy, I ring around and see what dealer has a new one already in the country. Ive never overly been fussed with spec though, as long as it has the main things

Offline vRStu

• Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 159
    • Octavia-vRS Information Resource
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2010, 07:47:51 am »
I cant stand waiting, so whenever im ready to buy, I ring around and see what dealer has a new one already in the country. Ive never overly been fussed with spec though, as long as it has the main things

Stock in the UK is nearly run out and hence the wait. 
Stu...

Quartz Grey Audi A4 3.0 TDi S-Line Quattro, 7 Speed S-Tronic, 19" Twin Spoke Alloys, Alcantara Upholstery with Silver Stitching and Heating, Sat Nav High, B & O Sound, Audi Music Interface, DAB Radio, Parking Advanced with Rear View Camera, Advanced Keyless Entry, LED Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Heated and Electrically Folding Mirrors, Through Load.

RNS510 Video in Motion unlocking, PIN recovery & DVD Region Free available

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2010, 10:28:26 am »

....I'm the opposite. I'm fussy about spec, colour, etc and choosing options is one of the benefits of buying a car new ex-factory. Your car feels much more personal and individual too. I don't like the being the same as everybody else (not much danger of that, Robin!).

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline wigit

• Thank You
  • -Given: 129
  • -Receive: 42
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2010, 02:25:50 pm »
i've followed the farce of Rocco R ordering for over a year now over on Central, the issue is that there seems little correlation between your order date and build date especially given the order process is different and you are not at the mercy of dealer allocation so much, i concur 10 months seem the norm

in reality the order process and up and down residuals (given i tend to get shot after 2-2.5 years) and getting a decent discount is what continues to put me off ordering a new one as some people have taken a huge hit, stock car, cancelled build slot or dealer demo is another story as their are deals to be done, a couple of savy people on here have bought wisely

Offline Strat

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 02:47:17 pm »
Yeh some long wait times on the Rocco R so only worth ordering if you def want one!

Although perversley, the longer wait will mean mine 'should' arrive in the summer :D and ill be able to save up a nice hefty chunk of cash in the mean time so wings and possibly even roundabouts as they say.

I got £2,000 off the price so there are deals to be done!

:happy2:
Candy