Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

Ebay projectors!
on September 29, 2019, 11:21:19 AM
Anyone had any experience with them? Just got myself a set!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Re: Search function
Last Poster: rich83 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:50:11 PM
Search was furloughed, glad to see it back at at work

:signLOL:

Re: TRW drop links
Last Poster: LC5F in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:29:56 PM
Yes - I recently installed a set of these - this style is a lot better than the spline ones
But I am lucky enough to have several sets of spanners the slimmest fitted.
It could be worse, Mk4 ones are even tighter I had to break out Cycle spanners that are 3mm thick.

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: El1M1N8OR in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 05:57:00 PM
Applied GTechniq C4 Plastic trim restorer to my faded grill and wiper arms.  Definitely made a huge difference.

Would recommed.

Ed30 timing chain replacement
Last Poster: Jdm_r36 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 05:13:39 PM
Hi

Can some recommend a garage to change my ed30 timing chain around the west Yorkshire area?? Also how much will it cost as stealers will be too expensive...

Re: Slipping out of 1st & reverse gears
Last Poster: LC5F in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 01:39:59 PM
bled the clutch until blue in the face and it's still doing it.

Try reverse bleed, from the slave up, the fluid is then working with the air bubbles - old fashioned pump oiler can and some clear hose

I am struggling to get Youtube links to work, the Dieselgeek vi

Re: Wetness on brake fluid reservoir cap
Last Poster: LC5F in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 01:30:38 PM
The cap should not be an air tight seal

It should be an air tight seal the cap, as brake fluid is hygroscopic.

No - I agree that most brake fluids are hygroscopic, but

Re: Manual gearbox oil
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 01:13:27 PM
Just for general info really, but I thought I'd give Redline MTL a go as the general consensus is the OEM oil is best.  Just wanted to experiment and find out for myself.

I haven't noticed any change in cold shift quality but when hot, the shift feels more oily and slick, if that makes sense....slightly less chatter/whine noise also  :happy2:

I think VAG have

Re: Screw in a pipe in engine bay, don't know why
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 01:06:19 PM
I think maybe someone has run a boost gauge in the past? 

Early elbows didn't have that spout (mine doesn't), but I've seen if you buy a replacement vacuum pump hose now, it comes with that spout and is normally plugged with a plastic bung.

Re: Cylinder 4 misfire
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 11:18:03 AM
Well if it's only £90 labour, I would just fix the original fault first (flap motor) and go from there.

Re: Rear high vis brake light
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on August 07, 2020, 08:04:13 PM
Yeah it’s an easy job. The fiddliest bit is the square harness grommet, but doable with long nose pliers. I used a bit of windscreen glue (U-Pol Tiger seal) on mine to make it waterproof and add a bit of extra strength since the 2 screws fitted at the factory are now redundant.

Re: Standard catback exhaust
Last Poster: Pudding in Wanted on August 07, 2020, 07:03:17 PM
Yeah found one on ebay mate. Thanks anyway!

Re: MK6 manual gearbox > MK5?
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on August 07, 2020, 06:43:10 PM
I can confirm the MK6/Scirocco ‘KZS’ box works well in a GTI  :happy2:

Even better with Redline MTL gear oil  :smiley:

Re: Remap.
Last Poster: Adrian 200bhp in Mk5 General Area on August 07, 2020, 05:58:00 PM
Do they have a rolling road?

Re: MFSW issues.
Last Poster: GTI 500 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on August 06, 2020, 08:53:14 PM
Will do, thanks guys.

Re: Steering wheel light
Last Poster: mjmallia in Mk5 General Area on August 06, 2020, 04:13:24 PM
Mk5 Golfs have electric steering racks..........no fluid :happy2:

Re: 15K After Chain and Tensioner - Warm Rattle Returns!!
Last Poster: mjmallia in Mk5 General Area on August 06, 2020, 03:28:11 PM
VW UK do not list the part number as a spare, but gave them the part number and there are loads in stock......they are trying to get people to buy the whole cam cover plate at £400 odd

Rings part number is

06F 198 107A

Re: Rear panel crash
Last Poster: muff1991 in Mk5 General Area on August 06, 2020, 03:17:38 PM
Sorry if im missing the point here but if the other car hit you whilst you was stationary then its their fault  so claim of their insurance and get your car repaired. It wont affect ypur insurance premiums and youll hsve your golf back ready to go :happy2:
Someone hit the re

Re: LC5F's Graphite Blue GTI - Sea Dweller Edition
Last Poster: Octoparrot in Members Rides on August 05, 2020, 10:45:02 PM
I wouldn't want to risk getting metal shavings into the intercooler.

Re: Locking wheel bolt & key - no. 61
Last Poster: Dave J in Wanted on August 05, 2020, 08:07:29 PM
No worries - thanks chigmuss! I think I'm sorted now with the one from the ebay link.

Re: My Black 5 Door ED30
Last Poster: aerochrome in Members Rides on August 05, 2020, 05:18:01 PM
Search velcro to attach the plates. I use 300mm x 50mm Never let me down and easily reattached after cleaning etc :happy2:

I had velcro before I screwed this holder in and it looked awful. I need to source one of the number plate mounts that comes stock on these really becau

Shoutbox

Sold
Dynamic indicators for mk5 golf/jetta
£12.00
Postage: £3.00
Delivery Only

Dynamic wing mirror indicators for sale

ive not owned these very long so as good as new

comes with the tools.
Genuine R32 rear bumper Brand New !!
£265.00
Postage: £45.00
Delivery or Collection

Up for sale is a Genuine R32 Rear bumper lower section complete with genuine diffuser and new reflectors. The bumper has never been painted and is in primer it has some storage scratches and marks and will need full prep ready foor paint i can conform there is no damage to the bumper or fixings.
Happy to wrap the item and post it out cost will be around £45 but its at your risk or you can arrange your own collection please drop me a text/call  07772480088 thanks
R32
£8150.00
Single Image
    Collection Only

Reluctantly selling my R32

It's a 3dr, manual 6spd, highline cluster, cloth interior. Totally standard and unmolested, all I have had done is the needles lit.
    On 82k, haldex has been done recently. Full service and new pads also recently.
    GTI MK5/6 Bilstein B12 proline kit
    £250.00
    Collection Only

Struts have around 30k miles and 4 years on them. Top mounts and bump stops have around 10k miles and 2 years.

Come with rubbers on the rear springs as well. Kit is straight bolt on.

Will also fit the Leon FR, Octavia VRS, A3 TFSI etc.

£250 collected from St Helens or Trafford Park
    Volkswagen Golf GTD DSG - Black
    £5990.00
    Collection Only

Hi

on sale is my 5 Door Volkswagen Golf GTD DSG.

The car has covered 131k miles (this may rise as its my daily car). It is also HPi clear and has 1 former keeper from new.

The car comes with the below features:

Genuine front xenon headlights,
    Dynamic (sweeping indicator) LED rear lights,
    Front optical parking sensors,
    Rear optical parking sensors,
    Cruise control,
    Heated & Power folding mirrors,
    Full leather interior,
    Heated seats,
    Dynamic chasis control (comfort/sport suspension),
    BBS Pescara Edition 30 alloy wheels with brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tyres fitted just over a month ago,
    Mk6 GTi style rear valance,
    RNS510 Sat nav stereo (LED Version) & Genuine VW Bluetooth (7P6) module (allows bluetooth streaming),
    MDi dock - to connect iPod and iphone

The car comes with full service history with DSG services done on time. The car also had a mechatronics replaced at 80k miles at VW (receipt included). i have also replaced both xenon ballasts and fitted brand new Osram Nightbreaker headlight bulbs. The timing belt and water pump has also been replaced. I have also replaced the front calipers (and painted them all R32 blue) as the old ones were seizing.

Will also put a 12 month MOT on it.

As with the miles, the car does have some stone chips on the bonnet and front bumper. and the alloys could do with a refurb.

Apart from this, i would say the car drives perfectly and gives excellent MPG.

Selling due to needing a bigger car - otherwise i would happily keep this as it is a brilliant car.
    • users Users: 0
    • guests Guests: 142