Make a donation

Forum News

Forum Donations 2022
on April 29, 2022, 08:22:20 pm
HI Guys

The forum kitty is running a little low we have enough for another two months.

I have setup another money pool this will run for one month. The donate banner should also take you to the donation page.

Thanks again for your support  :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8JmDrPUnaS

Re: I bought back my old mk5
Last Poster: JoshB in Members Rides on Today at 06:54:23 am
Christ on a bike… as if they taped over the check engine light?!
How big a job is it to get the clocks out? You’ve got me worried now as I had a 1840(I think) code the other day which supposed to bring up the CEL but didn’t on mine…!

Re: First performance car advice please & Thank you
Last Poster: JoshB in Mk5 General Area on Today at 06:41:54 am
Check the cam follower isn’t worn on the HPFP and check the PCV is working properly.
The Diverter Valves are known to fail so if it feels a bit flat at the top end it could need changing.
Get ready for your DSG oil change, it’s pretty vital to keep on top of those, and listen out for a rattle from the right hand side of the engine for the cam chain rattle.
Other than

Re: Cam follower question
Last Poster: St282 in Mk5 General Area on Today at 04:20:18 am
I changed my cam follower at around 14,000K and it doesn’t seem to have any scratches on it? Black costing untouched. Looks new. Is this normal? Cleanest ive jad when changing are scratches all over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[img width=589 height=786]https

Re: What to do?
Last Poster: Ado2022 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 10:12:13 pm
Thanks Josh.

It'#039s my weekend car so I really could stay on top of it. It'#039s weird you say that though because I drove the car hard once or twice on my way home from buying it and the thing definitely doesn'#039t lose power at any stage. I couldn'#039t believe it when I seen the follower.

I'#039m curious to know has anybody else been in the same situation and just kept

Re: What is this plastic bit?
Last Poster: bobby_fodge in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 06:09:42 pm
never seen that part

Re: Changing KPH clocks to MPH clocks
Last Poster: mjmallia in Cosmetic/Interior Modifications on Yesterday at 03:35:44 pm
You may need to adjust the instrument cluster settings to be GB etc

This will adjust things on the DIS to mpg etc also

Scrubbable Matt White Emulsion - Recommendations??
Last Poster: Juliand in Random Chat on Yesterday at 03:05:27 pm
Anyone have any experience of using this stuff? Recommendations appreciated please...

For use on stairs, which are quite narrow.... I have used standard matt, but find that it marks really easily, when you brush against it, carriyng things etc, and cleaning it off only leaves a shiney patch, which looks really naff. Re-painting over the marks also shows up patchy, grrrr

Re: Japanese import 2.0 TSI Sportline Variant - The white one
Last Poster: adamvaughan in Members Rides on Yesterday at 09:46:48 am
Hi Ollie

I haven'#039t done loads of miles in it yet, but I think the ride is comparable to stock. The springs are meant for the variant/estate so I guess the rear ones have a heavier spring rate to carry the extra weight. If I did it again I might go for a 45mm drop as there'#039s still a little more arch gap than I'#039s like at the front.

I think the red one will go

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: Pudding in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 09:21:33 am
What did you think of the ST kit? I’m looking into that and Vogtland

For the money I quite liked it. It'#039s pretty firm, but no worse than other setups I'#039ve tried in the past. I'#039d say it slots in between standard and cheap coilovers in terms of ride quality. nbsp They seem to las

Re: Hullo
Last Poster: mjmallia in New Member Intro's on Yesterday at 09:20:41 am
Welcome  :happy2:

Re: Anti roll bar bushes ?
Last Poster: mjmallia in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 07:48:20 am
Drop links front and rear would be the first attack in my opinion. nbsp You can drive with them disconnected and see if it still makes the noises or not.....not too fast nbsp :smiley:

I changed a lot of bushes prior to getting some bangs on bumpy roads and the car also felt twitchy over bumps.

In the end it was my rear trailing arm bushes, that I replaced with

Re: Annoying water leakage problems
Last Poster: ald1717 in Mk5 General Area on May 15, 2022, 11:08:29 pm
The thing that is really angering me is that I have recently spent a good chunk of money which was meant to sort this out.

The front drivers wing had a really badly corroded wheel arch and I got it replaced. nbsp From what I'#039ve been told some of the rubber grommets haven'#039t been replaced

Re: boot opening issues
Last Poster: xcentric in Mk5 General Area on May 14, 2022, 10:36:35 pm
and..... it was

removed rubber boot, identified offending (brown) wire, resoldered a connection, insulating tape, all good.  So when it's the lights in the lifting boot and the handle, try the wires first!

Re: Irish mk5
Last Poster: Irish_Mk5 in Members Rides on May 14, 2022, 09:42:27 pm
Haven’t updated this in a while…. Mainly because nothing has changed.
Ended up selling the srs-tec spoiler to a member on here in the end.

Had to do some repairs on the old brakes so ended up doing a little upgrade while I was at it! New Brenna drilled disks and pads all round :)

[img width=589 height=786]https://i.postim

Re: Parts for sale
Last Poster: Jb55 in Mk5 General Area on May 14, 2022, 07:32:56 pm
UPDATE: Everything has now sold and iv made a donation to the site to help keep it running

Now to spend the money on parts for my new car  :grin:

Re: Very budget track build
Last Poster: Clarkj93 in Members Rides on May 14, 2022, 05:49:10 pm
Just got the car back from Retro Resus. Awesome service from them and frankly the end bill was not little but quite a bit cheaper than I thought surprisingly. It was cool to see a ton of the mk5 race and track cars they have on site as well as a few bonkers looking mk2'#039s.

[img width=786 height=786]https://i.postimg.cc/KvJmgCtX/20220514-1

Re: Sump bolt torque
Last Poster: DBXdarkangel in Mk5 General Area on May 14, 2022, 01:45:29 pm
Why bother to torque up a sump bolt? What happed to the old fashioned "feels tight, that's good for me"?
I serviced my wife's pug yesterday and did exactly that. No need to torque it down.

Re: Edition 30 powered by RBS
Last Poster: LC5F in Members Rides on May 13, 2022, 10:25:16 pm
Thanks guys :happy2
@LC5F: you’re right about the fabric and the seats…
If I can remember the 8V had this “GTI” fabric in the standard sport seats and the 16V had the Recaro seats here in Europe… but correct me if I

Re: 20 Years powered by RBS
Last Poster: LC5F in Members Rides on May 13, 2022, 10:02:01 pm
Wow - That's like a 1 year old UK car - still has engine undertray, really helps keep the engine bay clean and helps warm up a lot on the ABF.
Only spotted the front fogs in the bumper look odd to me - usually they are full silver

Re: Thermostats
Last Poster: LC5F in Mk5 General Area on May 13, 2022, 09:40:03 pm
Are the coolant fans behaving themselves?
If your coolant temperature sensors a faulty the fans will be coming on all the time, stopping the engine getting up to temperature.
After replacing both main and inline thermostats, I still had slower heating up - eventually solved with 2 new temp sensors, I now rarely hear the fans running at all.

Shoutbox

Superpro Aluminium Wishbone Kit and H&R Front ARB 28mm
£600.00
Collection Only

I'm selling a brand new boxed set of SuperPro Aluminium Front Wishbone set £495.00 and H&R front ARB 28mm (33258-2) £225.00, bought item's to fit on my Ed30 but I have since sold the ed30 so  these are now surplus to requirements.

Cash on collection, will listen to sensible offers.

Sorry no PayPal and will not split as need both items gone together please...

Thanks for looking!
Back to standard lots of Parts
£0.00
Postage: £0.00
Delivery or Collection

Team the time has come to put the golf back to standard thanks to ULEZ. Anyway below is just the tip of the iceberg as to what is available please contact me via this site or if you want a no no noncece reply call/text on 07772480088.

I price my parts fairly and other members on hear and other sites who have bought from me will hopefully agree. SO PLEASE DONT EXPECT ME TO GIVE THESE AWAY.I KNOW WHAT THEY ARE WORTH.

Alot of parts are R32 which have been bought new from the dealers a two minute walk from my house so i know the history behind them . These are all in excellent condition but please remember these are used parts which have been on my daily car,

R32 Leather bucket seats £1700 this is complete interior including door cards
R32 front bumper complete £395.
R32 rear bumper with sensors £285
H&R Suspension £550 cost £1100
Edition 30 steering wheel £285.
Edition 30 gear knob £125
RNS 510 version C £285
R32 Trim door and ash tray £150
R32 phase 2 wheels £550 Excellent Bridgestone tyres
Xenon headlights £350 bought new complete with bulbs ballast and ignitors
there is alot more chrome switches, boot pop kit etc
Also have the black headlining complete

I CAN PROVIDE MORE PICTURES ON REQUEST HAPPY TO POST PARTS OUT BUT PLEASE TAKE INTO ACCOUNT COURIERS ARE NOT CHEAP AND A BIT CLUMSY BUT SENT PART OUT BEFORE INCLUDING LIGHTS NO ISSUES

Edition 30 handbrake cover and gear knob!!!
£145.00
Postage: £9.99
Delivery or Collection

I have for sale a Edition 30 gear knob and handbrake cover which were both bought new from VW, from memeory the gear knob was approximately £285 alone.
Both parts are in excellent condition a very small amount  of wear please satisfy yourself with the pictures happy to post these out and i will accept paypal.
Edition 30 2008
£7500.00
Collection Only

Golf Gti Edition 30

Manual
5 Door
98500 miles
Halogen headlights
R-Tech stage 1 remap 300 Bhp with print out
R32 front brake set up
Vwr suspension kit with new oem upgraded top mounts etc
Super pro anti lift kit
Vibratechnics subframe insert (dogbone mount)
All front bushes and complete Arb replaced
Subframe bolts replaced, spacer kit added
Refurbished later Gen 3 steering rack due to old one failing
H&R wheel spacers
BCS prestige cat back stainless exhaust, no louder than stock
Refurbished alloys a few years ago, still in excellent condition
Matching Goodyear eagle F1 tyres
Rust proofed underneath
Gearbox oil changed

RNS510 head unit upgraded, hands free, Bluetooth.
High line clocks
Mk 6R multifunction steering wheel
Cobra flush fit Oem style colour coded rear parking sensors

I purchased the car in February 2020, the previous owner had the car remapped, fitted the R32 front brakes,the interior upgrades, Eibach sport line springs and the wheel spacers.
I didn’t like the harsh ride quality so fitted the Vwr suspension kit which is more compliant than the stock suspension while maintaining a nice subtle ride height.
This sent me on a mission of other work making improvements to the car which is all listed above.
Owned by enthusiasts for the last several years this is a cherished car that has had some of the best parts fitted to generally improve it.
Meticulously maintained, oil and filter changes every 6 months in my ownership.
The interior Is free from rips and tears with only minor bolster wear to seats.
The door cards do have some slight discolouration to the tops which is a common issue.
All in all a very clean mechanically sound car that needs a little cosmetic tlc to make it perfect.

Paintwork sadly is starting to exhibit lacquer peel on the roof and one or two other small areas, it looks immaculate from 20 paces though.
The front wings do have some minor rust bubbling to the edges which has been rubbed back, a rust treatment added and painted to stop it spreading. A very common Vw problem.
The foam inserts that cause this have been removed.
I have priced it sensibly so the new owner can tackle this, i could get these defects done for you before ownership but this is negotiable.

Most of its service history has been kept in a box file with relavent  paperwork, the timing belt was last changed in 2017 @ 77879 miles.
Thermostat and housing was changed in Feb 2020
Cam follower in Feb 2020
Pcv valve November 2021

Selling as I’m 50 next year and have permission from her indoors to buy my favourite weekend toy so have to make some sacrifices!
Part exchange or even swaps possible, im interested in a Bmw 320/330d/Saab 9-3 Ttid, Estate preferred but not essential but must be auto.

Any inspection welcome, test drives will be by myself unless you can prove insurance cover to me.
Car currently has a personal plate fitted which will be staying with the car as it belonged to the previous owner who didn’t want it.
I have blanked the number plate in the photos due to previous cloning issues on another car so am just being careful, will happily provide these details if you are interested
I’m currently waiting on a part to fix the climate control which isn’t blowing cold air, I’m hoping it’s the common compressor solenoid so will update once known.
Sensible offers please.
RNS 510 with Bluetooth module, loom, mic and GPS antenna
£325.00
Postage: £0.00
Delivery Only

Hi all

My complete RNS 510 kit is for sale, purchased when my other unit failed but no longer required, as I now have a Discover Media. This is the LED (Star button) version and has also been upgraded to a 64GB SSD and repartitioned to allow 30GB of media and plenty for maps. It runs a little quicker than the original HDD but is also cooler and more reliable in a cars bumpy environment. Great unmarked screen and good overall condition. £325 is more than fair with all the extras, so no offers.

Latest maps v17 Western Europe maps (8557) and running 5238 firmware.

Includes:
Bluetooth module (mounting tabs cut off so it would fit behind the Climate Control panel, so no need to run wires under the passenger seat).
Bluetooth wiring loom
Genuine mic
GPS Antenna

Everything you need to get going, just some coding required with VCDS to enable all the features (plenty of info available online).

Free delivery and payment by Paypal "friends and family". I reserve the right not to sell to newly registered members to help avoid fraud.

PM me if you're interested. Once payment is received it will be marked as SOLD so if it's not then it's still available.

Thanks

Stu
  • users Users: 3
  • guests Guests: 229