Welcome

Welcome to the most comprehensive MK5 GTI forum on the internet. We have a fantastic "How to" DIY section, VCDS register and some of the most knowledgable mechanics/tuners in the business to help you with your pride and joy.

Founded in October 2008 we pride ourselves on continuing to be one of the very few car forums that is run entirely free from direct forum sponsorship and vastly supported by member donations.

If you are new to the forum please Register and say hello. and visit New Member Intro's and say hello.

Forum News

The forum..please read important message
on Yesterday at 06:51:47 PM
As some members are aware the forum got moved to @dazza server and Alex was paying for the upkeep of it but unfortunately Alex is going to  stop paying so either we find another server(if any one knows one or has one) or need voolenteer payment of £10 a month of members (the amount is £60 to keep it going)so the forum stays live or unfortunately the forum will dissappear
Please donate 🙏
Re: The forum..please read important message
Last Poster: Andy in Announcements on Yesterday at 10:50:37 PM
A sponsor would be nice, the backlinks from this site would be very helpful to any car part site.
Maybe we can incorporate the donation pot into the site so everyone knows what we need.

Yep good idea bout the pot

Re: New member, New car, New problems
Last Poster: GVK in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 10:27:59 PM
The running issues sound like injectors, on here we have had good results from Luqui Moly injector cleaner, worth running a couple of cans through it for £15. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Liqui-Moly-Injection-Cleaner-300ml/dp/B0096Y6OII/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=multipack+liqui+moly+injector+cleaner&qid=1610999074&sr=8-12

MK5 with MK6 head unit
Last Poster: Mikejones4545 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on Yesterday at 07:39:09 PM
Hi,

I’m new to the forum but I wonder if any one could point me in the right direction.

I’ve just bought a MK5 GTI Edition 30 and it has a MK6 head unit (does anyone know the unit number, will attach some pictures)

As above I have no steering wheel functions working the head unit. I’m assuming there is an adapter / additional harness I require?

Re: Stock exhaust help h
Last Poster: Jons1001 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 07:09:01 PM
Don’t forget they always make more noise on cold start it will settle down as it warms up.

Black smoke may just be lots of stop/starts?? Fuel??

Who welded in the sports cat and did they do a good job? How much was it?

Interested to see how you get on with emissions tes

Heated front seats.
Last Poster: GTI 500 in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 03:55:05 PM
Need some help guys with getting the correct wiring loom for heated seats, so the seats i have, have a date of 2007 on them, there  only heated no electric adjustment on them,and  only the passengers seat has a control unit? i have climatronic digital climate control
In the retrofit guide it looks like i should go for the 2007 on loom, does anyone have a Kufatec part number as

Re: Heated mirrors not working
Last Poster: DBXdarkangel in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 03:27:08 PM
Just spoke to a vw head technician. Turns out there should be a 449 relay in the tip slot and it's been removed for some reason. Nothing to do with turning the door dial to heat and put rear screen button on too to get them to work.

Gonna test the wires with a multi meter before putting a relay in. Must have been removed for a reason and the technician warned me to chec

Re: Porsche Cayman 981 Black Edition
Last Poster: rex in Other VAG on Yesterday at 08:34:57 AM
In the end, the Racing Yellow transaction did not go trough... I made the deal, asked the Dealer to complete the paperwork for me to pay the invoices in 2021. This was the deal all along but the Dealer suddenly requested to have the invoice issued in 2020 and paid in 2020 as well. That was very unprofessional of them and I decided to buy from someone else... They still have the car

Re: Gti gear knob boot needs replacing.
Last Poster: mjmallia in Mk5 General Area on Yesterday at 07:25:03 AM
I paid £45 from a breakers and it was/is in VGC

Engine cover rubber grommets 036129689B
Last Poster: akbarirfan in Wanted on Yesterday at 12:37:01 AM
Hi All,

I'm looking for 3 of these grommets please, maybe those who have induction kits can spare a few :-).

Thank you.

Re: Highline Cluster Upgrade Info and FAQ's
Last Poster: ricsne2010 in How to Guides / Troubleshooting on January 24, 2021, 11:22:07 PM
Ok.... heres one for you all - I just recently completed a low-line to high-line cluster upgrade on my 2008 Jetta S 2.5.....

After months (and I mean MONTHS) of reading online and research, parts, tools, software, etc.... The surgery was a complete success....

Except.....

For some reason, I cannot seem to access the convenience menu via the MFD+....

Re: Clunking front end!!
Last Poster: reflexsilverfox in Mk5 General Area on January 24, 2021, 07:30:27 PM
I appreciate this is 2 years old now but finally figured out what the issue was.

The golf bust a rear spring which was picked up at MOT time, so I switched it back to stock ride height with new oem shocks and springs and lo and behold no more clunking from the  front end! My mechanic reckoned the fact I was running stock droplinks when it was lowered 20mm on the ST kit b

Re: MK5 6 speed conversion
Last Poster: kexelt in New Member Intro's on January 24, 2021, 02:10:37 PM
Thanks, but still if there is a solution, I would like to try. The original 5th gear is very short and revs over 3.000rpm at a speed of 100km/h.

Thanks anyway

Re: New car: R32
Last Poster: rich83 in Members Rides on January 24, 2021, 11:50:00 AM
Going to fit the 034motorsport rear anti roll bar next month but is it worth putting adjustable anti roll bar links or new oem ones

New OEM or Lemforder ones.

I had adjustable rose jointed ones years ago and they were absolute sh*te.... Plus, there is no point in ha

Re: Eagle F1 SuperSport
Last Poster: Bagus in Mk5 General Area on January 24, 2021, 01:33:37 AM
I ordered a set of primacy 4’s and after various discount codes and michelin cash backs i ended up paying £270.

Although, i ended up getting PS4’s fitted as thats what the shop received and they didnt notice when fitting and i only noticed when i got home.

So far thr PS4’s seem pretty good. Better than the General GT’s that were on previously.

Re: What did you and your MKV do today?
Last Poster: Bagus in Mk5 General Area on January 24, 2021, 01:21:44 AM
Finally had a chance to wash the car. Was dark by the time id finish. Although not sure how to post pictures from my phone.

Re: Mk5 Golf GTi manual conversion to DSG
Last Poster: Lakeyy95 in Technical Workshop on January 24, 2021, 12:46:56 AM
They do indeed, but your post was somewhat vague, hence my flippant response  :grin:

Anyway....

You need either an 02E DQ250 6 speed DSG from the MK5/6, or a 7 speed DQ500 DSG gearbox from the MK7.  The latter is more complicated electronically in terms of retrofit.

Re: Spark Plug Choice
Last Poster: Eddy588 in Mk5 General Area on January 23, 2021, 09:36:42 PM
Use oem unless you have had bad experiences with them. Most of the time they work best. If you had a bunch of upgrades and tune with a very aggressive tune...I would suggest NGK PFR7B at 0.028" gap: http://www.hstuning.com/product_info.php?cPath=24_32&products_id=3688&vpath=30_31

Re: Brake vacuum hose
Last Poster: DBXdarkangel in Mk5 General Area on January 23, 2021, 09:34:06 PM
Put some tape around it and save yourself £40..  that's what I did and hasn't moved in 4 years.

Re: Intro-New
Last Poster: fakie1977 in New Member Intro's on January 23, 2021, 11:34:45 AM
If you have smartphone (and who doesn’t nowadays) download Tapatalk and log into the forum through that. You can attach your photos from your phone directly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoutbox

MK5 Glovebox
£20.00
Single Image
    Postage: £10.00
    Delivery or Collection

Good overall condition with a couple of scuffs, I do have a couple of pictures but I'm not too sure how to upload them. I can email them direct though if anyone is interested. Ideally I would prefer collection.

Cheers, Dan
    VW Golf 7 GTI Clubsport Gear Shift Knob 6 Speed Manual 5G1711113FWEJ
    £70.00
    Postage: £0.00
    Delivery Only

VW Golf 7 GTI Clubsport Gear Shift Knob 6 Speed Manual 5G1711113FWEJ

Ideal for anyone looking to retrofit the gear knob into a MK5/MK6 given that the gaiter has been split from the support bezel.

This was on my to do list for about a year but I simply never got round to fitting it before buying a Pirelli.

£70 delivered to mainland UK

Cash on collection (Belper, Derbyshire) or Bank Transfer/PayPal

If you've got any questions, give me a shout

Luke
    Sold
    Sonniboy sun shades
    £50.00
    Postage: £10.00
    Delivery or Collection

Sonniboy sun shades for Mk5 Golf 5 door.

Full rear set.

Can be used with windows open or closed.

Excellent condition.

New price £128.00.

Bargain
    Sold
    Genuine R32 Rear Bumper
    £160.00
    Collection Only

Genuine R32 lower rear bumper in LA7T metallic grey.

Good condition with a few small marks as per photos but nothing excessive. No cracks or repairs.

Happy to post if buyer arranges own courier or collection from South Somerset (20 miles south of Bristol)

Milltek 3" downpipe with HJS cat (SSXAU200)
    £650.00
    Collection Only

Milltek VAG 2.0T FSI and TSI - Cast High Flow Downpipe with HJS High Quality 200 Cell Cat Downpipe
    Product code (SSXAU200)
    New and unused but open box
    Having to sell this on, never used just opened the box in excitement when it arrived.
    Also bought the gasket and bolts, both genuine which I'll include.
    Collection only I'm afraid, box is massive.
    • users Users: 3
    • guests Guests: 282