Make a donation

Author Topic: Where do we all buy our performance parts?  (Read 3235 times)

Offline GTIite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 2
  • Build it.. don't buy it!!
    • Email
Where do we all buy our performance parts?
« on: September 07, 2015, 12:52:05 pm »
Hi all,

Interested to know where we all buy our parts from!? Is there a place out there I don't know about?

Cheers

Ash

I have ETKA and ELSA - Happy to help if anyone needs anything. Instagram - @f11tvw

Rotiform VCE's : US Spec Rear Bumper : Colour Coded Side Skirts : US Grill : De-Wipered : Revo Stage 2+ Map : Revo Intake : Revo throttle pipe : THS Intercooler : K04 Conversion : Milltek Cat Back + Pipwerx Decat : Sachs Stage 3 Organic clutch + Single mass flywheel : Quaife ATB Differential : S3 Brakes + Vagbremtechnic discs : Full SuperPro Bushes : SuperPro ARB

Offline FJ1000

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 48
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,101205.0.html
Re: Where do we all buy our performance parts?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2015, 02:38:48 pm »
All over the place, usually wherever is cheapest!

I would say though europerformance are one to avoid. They're cheap because they don't hold much stock, a lot of stuff ships from Europe and can take a couple of weeks to arrive. Customer service is really really hard to get hold of by phone, and don't seem to respond to emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2007 Golf Gti DSG | Leather Wingbacks | Xenons | VWR Springs | Tinted Windows | 18" Audi Speedlines |

Offline danfalcon

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 8
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,92069.0.html
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2015, 10:17:15 pm »
i tend to use awesomegti.com they are a really good company based in manchester! really helpful and the guys know their stuff!
failing that demon-tweeks.co.uk is a pretty safe bet

Offline Andy

• Admin
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 442
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 11:05:48 pm »
I use awesome gti..psi Tuning and the for sale section on here

Offline flashp

• Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 65
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 11:30:13 pm »
I let JKM worry about all that. They probably have access to trade only resources which I couldn't get at. I know for a fact that they know who to avoid if I were looking for something specific.

Gone but not forgotten :-)

Offline GSP1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 6
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2015, 11:47:23 pm »
Just want to know if everyone sticks to vw recommended oil changes or do they change earlier / later. Cheers

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Offline flashp

• Thank You
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2015, 07:02:21 am »
Just want to know if everyone sticks to vw recommended oil changes or do they change earlier / later. Cheers

I do 5 miles to work each way to work during the week and because of this and occasional track days I do 2 changes a year. One with a filter and one without.
Short journeys are considered arduous conditions and are reason alone for this approach. By the time I get to work my oil is only just at the same temperature as the coolant.
And buy Ester based synthetics of the correct grade, they have a fully synthetic base unlike many other regular synthetics.  :happy2:

Offline RedED30

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2015, 07:24:25 am »
PSI Tuning, Revo, AKS and other places.

As for oil, as long as it meets VAG spec i use Castrol or Shell Helix.
Revo Stage2 - With Linear Throttle
Revo DSG
BCS Turboback Powervalve - This is a must.
ITG Closed Intake.. wooosh

Here to enjoy and help, with a hint of sarcasm, please do not be offended

Offline GSP1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2015, 08:26:28 am »

I do 5 miles to work each way to work during the week and because of this and occasional track days I do 2 changes a year. One with a filter and one without.
Short journeys are considered arduous conditions and are reason alone for this approach. By the time I get to work my oil is only just at the same temperature as the coolant.
And buy Ester based synthetics of the correct grade, they have a fully synthetic base unlike many other regular synthetics.  :happy2:
Cheers mate. I'm in the same situation. 5 mile journey straight on the motorway. Would you do the oil change yourself mate? I'm thinking of giving it a go.

Offline GTIite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2015, 10:02:49 pm »

Probably should have started a new thread for this....  :fighting2:
I have ETKA and ELSA - Happy to help if anyone needs anything. Instagram - @f11tvw

Rotiform VCE's : US Spec Rear Bumper : Colour Coded Side Skirts : US Grill : De-Wipered : Revo Stage 2+ Map : Revo Intake : Revo throttle pipe : THS Intercooler : K04 Conversion : Milltek Cat Back + Pipwerx Decat : Sachs Stage 3 Organic clutch + Single mass flywheel : Quaife ATB Differential : S3 Brakes + Vagbremtechnic discs : Full SuperPro Bushes : SuperPro ARB

Offline GTIite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2015, 10:03:55 pm »
I use awesome gti..psi Tuning and the for sale section on here

Hadn't heard of PSI Tuning.. Ill have a look  :happy2:

Offline GSP1973

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2015, 10:19:56 pm »

Just new to this mate. Got the hang of new topic now.

Offline GTIite

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2015, 10:27:04 pm »

Just new to this mate. Got the hang of new topic now.

No worries mate.. Welcome to the forum.  :smiley:

Offline flashp

• Thank You
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2015, 11:09:41 pm »

Cheers mate. I'm in the same situation. 5 mile journey straight on the motorway. Would you do the oil change yourself mate? I'm thinking of giving it a go.

I took the easy route and bought a Sealey oil extractiol tool. They're about £45 on Amazon.
It's great, I don't even get dirty hands! Takes no time at all.  :drinking:
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 11:14:17 pm by flashp »

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2015, 12:31:59 am »
I also have the sealey extraction tool. If i was doing two changes a year i would probably use it once then Drop the oil the normal way the other change.

05 | Tornado Red | DSG