Make a donation

Author Topic: Revo stage 1 Vs Bluefin Stage 1  (Read 3823 times)

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
  • Life is not a straight line!
Revo stage 1 Vs Bluefin Stage 1
« on: November 09, 2015, 02:40:10 pm »
Hey all.

I have a GTi currently running a stage 1 bluefin.

What would be the advantages of moving from stage 1 bluefin to a stage 1 revo?

I have heard that the revo and r-tech maps are the ones to have, and there is a local revo installer near me...:)

I am looking to spread the power over the revs a bit better as with the bluefin it seems to be all turbo after 5k without much improvement lower down the rev range.

I have a carbonio air filter and cat back BCS, with a standard downpipe with pre-cat removed.

I'm not interested in stage 2 but want to try and get the car feeling the best i can with the stage 1 map and the current mods i have.

Would i really see much difference moving away from the bluefin stage 1 to the revo stage 1?

TIA.

Steel Grey 2006 Mk5 GTI - R-TECH Stage 1 (268bhp/334ftlb) - BCS Cat Back - Pre-Cat Delete - Carbonio Panel Filter - Rev G DV - 18" BBS CH - Leather - RNS510 - Colour Coded Bumpers and Skirts - ED30 Front Splitter - Eibach Sportlines - Open Fog Grilles - Wind Deflectors.

Offline PT82

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 19
  • -Receive: 14
    • Email
Re: Revo stage 1 Vs Bluefin Stage 1
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 03:20:21 pm »
I drove a stage 1 bluefin and it was all 2-4K. Died on its arse after 5k. Car was ship shape aswell. Just put it down to a small turbo car.
I would like an rtech map but would want to uprate clutch first. All or nothing as I would probably always be thinking when not if it goes on a standard clutch.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 03:23:33 pm by PT82 »

Offline Madone

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 27
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 06:41:03 pm »
I had bluefin stage 1, then 2 then 3, then moved to revo stage 2+, which is the equivalent of bluefin stage 3.

The difference between the two is night and day at stage 2+ and have no doubt they are equally as good at stage 1. The difference is that BF is not bad at what it tries to do, it's a generic map that is 'safe' so allows for worst case scenario on any car it is applied to. So hence is quite conservative. One main area is timing, it doesn't run much timing at all over stock, this is safe but not the most you can get so doesn't feel great compared to revo

Revo is setup on the car and hence runs more timing. I have the sps switch so can  adjust the boost, timing, fuel. Not that I do as it was setup by my tuner. But the car is setup to run more timing, the optimised fuel and more boost

In summary BF is good for what it is, but Revo is a better drive and offers more power due to how it works.

Don't know about R tech, but same tailored principle applies
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 06:43:33 pm by Madone »

Offline Greenman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 5
  • -Receive: 12
  • Life is not a straight line!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 03:14:38 pm »
Thanks for the detailed reply Madone...:)
Steel Grey 2006 Mk5 GTI - R-TECH Stage 1 (268bhp/334ftlb) - BCS Cat Back - Pre-Cat Delete - Carbonio Panel Filter - Rev G DV - 18" BBS CH - Leather - RNS510 - Colour Coded Bumpers and Skirts - ED30 Front Splitter - Eibach Sportlines - Open Fog Grilles - Wind Deflectors.

Offline omeydz

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 50
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 03:52:05 pm »
Iv got a reset bluefin (ready to go)  up for sale soon if interested?

PM me, thanks
Recently back on the forum! Good to be back
Current Rides
Mazda RX8 231bhp ( very different little rocket lol!)
----
SOLD
2011 Golf MK6 1.4 TFSI R20/GTI Hybrid - DSG converted *world first!*
2007 MK5 Golf 1.4 FSI
2007 Golf MK5 GTI DSG
2008 Audi A5 3.0TDI

Offline GrayMK5GTI

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 125
  • -Receive: 247
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 04:15:14 pm »
I had bluefin stage 1, then 2 then 3, then moved to revo stage 2+, which is the equivalent of bluefin stage 3.

The difference between the two is night and day at stage 2+ and have no doubt they are equally as good at stage 1. The difference is that BF is not bad at what it tries to do, it's a generic map that is 'safe' so allows for worst case scenario on any car it is applied to. So hence is quite conservative. One main area is timing, it doesn't run much timing at all over stock, this is safe but not the most you can get so doesn't feel great compared to revo

Revo is setup on the car and hence runs more timing. I have the sps switch so can  adjust the boost, timing, fuel. Not that I do as it was setup by my tuner. But the car is setup to run more timing, the optimised fuel and more boost

In summary BF is good for what it is, but Revo is a better drive and offers more power due to how it works.

Don't know about R tech, but same tailored principle applies

R-tech takes the Revo adjustability to a greater level, rather than tweaking 5 settings over the whole Rev range, there is an infinite amount of adjustability with it being a truey custom map.

With every R-Tech map you get as standard:

- 5 different boost maps which can be changed by the user through pedal combinations
- hard cut launch limiter
- traction control mapping (to make it work with the increased power)
- lifetime of free support / aftercare
- patented TIV mapping which creates the smoothest curves by removing ecu's torque limitations
NOW: 2015 Golf R DSG 5 Door, Lapiz Blue, 19s, Discover Nav, Reversing Camera
GONE:2007 Black GTI Edition 30 3dr