Make a donation

Author Topic: diverter valve COPY  (Read 12663 times)

Offline Deako

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 38
  • -Receive: 44
  • Eat, Sleep....VAG
Re: diverter valve COPY
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2016, 11:46:38 pm »
R-Tech have been doing tests with the genuine and copy items recently. Copy items are extremely poor in comparison and prone to leaking.

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2016, 08:48:10 am »
It's not just the leaking - the quality control isn't there and the machining tolerances are very fine. The cheap ones were seizing and not opening/closing as they should

Also expect a fault code to be stored in the ECU if you use both springs. Won't get an EML though but the underlying code will be stored. I think I have 3 or 4 codes stored now for various things I've removed or changed
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2016, 08:11:09 pm »
If it's kevlar reinforced rubber then it should be fine and not tear as easily as the oem ones.

audis3uk

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2017, 03:53:45 am »
today installed DV +

impressions, more than satisfied,Old divert valve was not torn eraser, but in cycles up to the red line had a pressure loss, followed by 0.8 bar when it reaches the red line falls to 0.5 bar pressure.

new DV +, there is no loss of pressure :smiley:Now the pressure is always the same 0.8 bar up to the red line :smiley:

Any update on the success of this replica part?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2017, 08:51:43 pm »
Would be interesting to know as I would keep one for spares lol
Im still running my GFB nearly two years on and no one mentioned any boost leaks when getting mapped so I reckon it's all good so far  :popcornsoda:

dimitrisTSI

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2018, 09:59:50 am »
Would be interesting to know as I would keep one for spares lol
Im still running my GFB nearly two years on and no one mentioned any boost leaks when getting mapped so I reckon it's all good so far  :popcornsoda:

Sorry for resurecting this old thread, especialy in my first post.

I'm very curious of the impressions during the usage of this fake DV+. Was it worth buying it or did the user got rid of it eventually because it didnlt perform as intended or because it caused some problems.

Thanks in advance.

Offline toplad

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2019, 12:24:21 pm »
I can shed some light on this as I actually installed one.

It worked perfectly and I had no problems, it allows the boost to be held between gear changes, which means your straight back on the boost and the car feels faster.

Great mod for the money and would recommend it