All Things MK6 R and GTI > MK6 How to Guides / Troubleshooting

Mk6 R fitting airtec stage 1 intercooler

(1/2) > >>

Chris92:
Me and my mate are going to attemp to fit the airtec stage one cooler tomorrow before it's off to r-tech on Thursday, I know last min! And that's not the only job to do  :rolleye:

So we've never fitted a intercooler so and can't find anything useful on the web, so to fit do I need the whole front end off? Does the cooler sit in the middle of the 3 rads like the stock one or do I remove the old one and place the new in front of the 3 or right at the front of the front panel?

Basically can anyone give some advice to us muppets....help  :signLOL:

jhook661:
Hi Chris what you've got to do roughly is
Disconnect battery for the airbag crash sensors on the front of the car they are yellow
Unclip fog lights connectors
Remove grille
Remove bumper disconnect headlights
Air intake pipe
Remove the entire front end
Intercooler sits between the aircon rad and radiator like so

jhook661:

Chris92:

--- Quote from: jhook661 on December 02, 2015, 08:08:19 am ---Hi Chris what you've got to do roughly is
Disconnect battery for the airbag crash sensors on the front of the car they are yellow
Unclip fog lights connectors
Remove grille
Remove bumper disconnect headlights
Air intake pipe
Remove the entire front end
Intercooler sits between the aircon rad and radiator like so

--- End quote ---

Thanks for that it's cleared a lot up but what's the reason why you can't put all the rads together then sit them back in the whole front panel and lift them all (panel + rads) in one piece and fit to car? It'll probs come clear when I start but just want to know things now so I don't get stuck

Paradox1:
the radiator plug, hoses and A/C hoses (on the driver side)dont need to be disconnected/regassed etc.

so just swing the A/C out like a door on a hinge

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version