All Things Mk5 > Members Rides

Edition 30 powered by RBS

(1/50) > >>

RBS:
Hi everybody :wink:

First of all I want to thank all the guys who made this fantastic page possible!! Respect!! :happy2:

As promised in the new member section:

Now it's time to the fun part :wink:

I've been collecting parts over the last 10 months or so thanks to the mods section here but I hadn't time to mount all the parts yet. Some of them still have to come from oversea & other european countries. Once all of it has come home I'll make this thread nice & ordenly! :innocent:

I'll post some pic's of the parts that I've received so far.
Hope you will all enjoy it.
Here we go  :jumpmove:

And obviously the very first mod on a mk5 GTI

Now some interior pic's ( sorry for the dirty car :ashamed:) but next weekend if the weather is ok I'll give her a good wash :wink:

RBS:
Just had confirmation  from Florida that my order is comming toghetter!  :jumpmove:
Now Just waiting from Loba & CTS Turbo stuf.
I can imagine the feeling  when ya building your ride.
I've been out the scène for about 10 years but the virus stil lived inside me :jumping:
With the buy of my Edition 30 it's Come back alive :signLOL:
It is such a great motor that BYD engine! I love it!!

Andy:
Some nice collection of mods,when is the day it all gets fitted

RBS:
I made up my mind to see first which way I would go with the Ed 30. Since I had it in my garage, I started to search what was possible with that engine. Boy was I in for a treat! :drool:
Specialy with the BYD motor! I gave it a big thought what I would do. In the end I said : what the h... : let's go banana's! You only live once!
So now I hope get all the parts for the engine in January-february. Then start to build it up slowly :innocent:
Next would be the dyno & map. After that suspention & brakes! Now on the brake part, I'm still having a dillema : would I go for Porsche 6 pot or audi R8 8 pot?! I don't think the 8 pot would go under 18". I had the old 993 turbo calipers under the Rallye and they were fantastic!!
I've read a lot of good reviews here on the forum about the 6 pots!
So this is a little thinker but no rush :wink:

Shoduchi:
Really nice collection of parts you've got there. I hope you can get all with no delays. :smiley:

As for the brakes, personally I wouldn't go for the R8 8 pot, you'd need to change your master cylinder for the RS3 to really take advantage of their power. TTRS or Brembo 6 pot are more than enough with R32/S3 rear brakes. It's just a matter of getting better pads for those calipers if more braking power is needed. :wink:

I'll be following your build thread. :drinking:

PS: I have a friend with R8 front calipers and they fit under some 18'' wheels. :smiley:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version