Make a donation

Author Topic: R5GTT'S Cars rapid  (Read 238264 times)

Offline Dan_FR

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
Re: R5GTT's Golf tfsi with new mods and more to come
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2016, 11:43:24 am »
Yours was definitely due mate, no question about it. For the sake of a £25-30 part its not worth taking the chance of cam lobe or fuel pump damage

Yes you can convert to the rubber fuel pipe. No idea how as I've never done it or even looked in to it, but I know I have read that others have done this.
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2016, 11:47:40 am »
I've looked on the picture again and can confirm.youre right it definitely needed doing as I can see the holes on the old one are quite bigger as the top has worn down where as the new ones hole diameter are smaller. Thanks and glad I did it for peace of mind as it was off and I had the part to hand which definitely will save me thousands now  :smiley:

I'll have a butchers as I don't like that design at all  :stupid: yet again VAG.

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2016, 12:39:43 pm »
Dazza posted the parts you need to convert it in the MODS section. http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?page=mods&mod=95

I was going to do the swap as well, but after removing the banjo bolt four five times now it gets much easier. You do it once or twice and its really not that much of a pain honestly. I bet if you did it again you'll do it in a couple of mins. I use a small 1/4" ratchet with a 2inch extension and it works fine.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2016, 03:26:10 pm »
Thanks for the link pesky  :drinking:

5 times wt* man you're becoming a pro at this  :rolleye:

I've just gone on another mission with the dv with seized screws ff* why me  :doh:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2016, 03:35:19 pm »
Looky what I found with mega boost leak and it's a flicking wonder why I bet my neuspeed P-flo pipe and Ramair filter didn't work  :thinking:
Soon as I removed the last screw the thing fell apart all over the floor but the back end was still clenched in my hand. what a bummer to take off.
Unfortunately it's a rev B not that it makes any sense to me but looks like I'll be forking out for an update one now and go through all the crap of taking the wheel arch liner off and taking it off again.

Rev B when it literally fell apart when coming off my car

New dv+ fitted  :happy2:
« Last Edit: May 14, 2016, 02:51:22 pm by r5gtt »

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2016, 04:02:28 pm »
Well ive changed my follower once and had to take it out a number of times recently. Wow I bet you think its a different car with a Rev G. I thought Rev Ds were supposed to be good, is that it attached to your GFB DV+ ? That's a rev b...

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2016, 04:03:55 pm »
Your pictures confuse me. You had a Rev B or C which had split. So have you replaced it with the DV+ thats pictured, or....?
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2016, 04:04:57 pm »
Pretty sure DV+ only works with C,D and G... I'm confused as well.

Also, you wouldn't need to replace the DV because the DV+replaces the diaphragm part doesn't it?

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2016, 04:08:29 pm »
Dv+ will work in any solenoid. If you have a DV+ as pictured and youve fitted it with both springs as per the instructions, then itll be fine

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2016, 04:10:29 pm »
Pretty sure DV+ only works with C,D and G... I'm confused as well.

Also, you wouldn't need to replace the DV because the DV+replaces the diaphragm part doesn't it?
Sorry guys it was and is a Rev B that I've fitted back on with the DV+  :stupid:@Dan_FR sorry for the confusion mate.  :doh: all fitted how it's meant to be fitted with both springs.

Dv+ as Dan_FR says works with any rev solenoid so that's not an issue but I didn't realise I typed rev d instead of rev B  :slap:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 04:19:40 pm by r5gtt »

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2016, 04:30:26 pm »
Yeah haha my first clue was the revision number on the dv  :rolleye: plus im pretty sure the Rev D looks pretty different to that, no blue bits, perhaps not even a rubber diaphragm.

I thought id seen somewhere it only works for rev C,D & G but obviously not.

EDIT: in this pic it says what im saying? http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=70779.0

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2016, 04:41:55 pm »
Yeah silly me not thinking whilst typing or do I just do that all the time  :stupid:  :signLOL:

I read through Mike tfsi post way back last year and tbh I can't see why any rev won't work with the GFB as all the revs do exactly the same job just part number variations or revised parts but same shame same functionality etc bla bla bla.

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #42 on: April 28, 2016, 08:14:50 pm »
I am being stupid but I thought the gfb DV+ replaced either a DV revision G, D or B etc etc??

I'm completely confused as to why you need both? Is the diaphram not the weak link and the G is the replacement to the weaker D.

Reason I ask is that I've got a GFB DV+ sitting in the garage waiting to be fitted!

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2016, 08:34:01 pm »
@ArildStavrum

They say the rev g is better but I've read on the forum that some are tearing so the best solution is the gfb dv+ that doesn't have this diaphragm and has a piston alternative which has been recommended by many and why I've replaced my diaphragm.

The dv is the actuator or controller that controls boost and when the diaphragm tears the car loses boost so in turn that needs replacing with a rev g that's meant to be better but alas a load of cack as that one also tears open so comes the GFB dv+ to take the strain off the diaphragm and use its own pre loaded piston spring loaded for I think better pressure hold and no chance of boost leaking from it if you take the GFB and associated bits out and have a close look you'll understand what I mean. I think  :thinking:

The gfb replaces the diaphragm itself and not the rev d g c b a or which ever it is so I don't need the diaphragm that's torn as that's a bin job and no need for a new one of those as the gfb does the diaphragms job and much better so everyone using them say including @Shoduchi @Tfsi_Mike who did a review on the gfb.

Hope that's a little more understandable.

I've not tried and tested it to the full as I'm waiting for tomorrow evening when I take take a good spirited drive and be the judge for myself  :smiley:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 08:40:28 pm by r5gtt »

Offline ArildStavrum

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 8
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2016, 08:41:49 pm »
@ArildStavrum

They say the rev g is better but I've read on the forum that some are tearing so the best solution is the gfb dv+ that doesn't have this diaphragm and has a piston alternative which has been recommended by many and why I've replaced my diaphragm.

The dv is the actuator or controller that controls boost and when the diaphragm tears the car loses boost so in turn that needs replacing with a rev g that's meant to be better but alas a load of cack as that one also tears open so comes the GFB dv+ to take the strain off the diaphragm and use its own pre loaded piston spring loaded for I think better pressure hold and no chance of boost leaking from it if you take the GFB and associated bits out and have a close look you'll understand what I mean. I think  :thinking:

The gfb replaces the diaphragm itself and not the rev d g c b a or which ever it is so I don't need the diaphragm that's torn as that's a bin job and no need for a new one of those as the gfb does the diaphragms job and much better so everyone using them say including @Shoduchi @Tfsi_Mike who did a review on the gfb.

Hope that's a little more understandable.

I've not tried and tested it to the full as I'm waiting for tomorrow evening when I take take a good spirited drive and be the judge for myself  :smiley:

Top man, thanks.

Let us know how it goes!!