Make a donation

Author Topic: 00573 - Steering Torque Sensor (G269)  (Read 8522 times)

Offline Vintyd

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
00573 - Steering Torque Sensor (G269)
« on: February 03, 2016, 04:56:31 pm »
Hope someone can help, cousin has an 08 MK5 TDI - he recently got the cambelt changed and a service.  When he picked up the car the Steering wheel warning light is on the dash - Orange light.  I plugged in my cable and scanned, found the 00573 - Steering Torque Sensor (G269) error - Implausible Signal. 

Cleared the fault code and took it a drive no issues at all but as soon as you turn the car off and go to to start again the orange wheel lights up again and fault is back.  When looking at the measuring blocks you see the values changing perfectly for the sensor so not sure what the issue is, the power steering is working perfectly and has had no issues with it ever, his MOT is booked for tonight.

Cheers

Offline brinks787

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 5
    • Email
Re: 00573 - Steering Torque Sensor (G269)
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 08:30:21 pm »
There's a sensor in the rack that can go and cause this, hopefully not as it's a pricy fix.

If the figures are changing it could just be a wiring issue (intermittent break in the wire).

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/00573

Do you know what exactly was done during the service??

Offline Vintyd

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: 00573 - Steering Torque Sensor (G269)
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 11:05:45 pm »
Timing belt, water pump and a service just, he text me earlier to say he got the light turned off and it hasn't come back on again.  Went through Mot no bother, not sure how it's stayed off as I had cleared it a good few times and came back every time you turned the car off and on...