Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 Golf with power folding mirrors with key remote  (Read 51924 times)

Offline Rossimac

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 78
  • -Receive: 33
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,90767.0.html
Re: Mk5 Golf with power folding mirrors with key remote
« Reply #45 on: March 31, 2017, 02:16:28 pm »
Yeah, he says "You must have VAS 5054 with ODI to do it".

VCDS will do a soft-coding only, whereas ODIS or VAG Can Pro can do a hard-coding, which can edit more in-depth stuff like this.

Offline SI-R32

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 125
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2017, 08:28:45 pm »
I've been reading loads on this and learning tons.

A quick breakdown of things is that mk6 modules (5k0) use UDS protocol to communicate not old can protocol and now with the easily available Vag can pro software around right now you can easily flash these via this software and even use VCDS to do it, all documented and worked out by a guy call Ruben (n4s) on the my Tiguan Forum. There are 2 options either it folds with locking or ignition off I think, something like that.

So some of us may have 5k0 modules in our cars if you've bought a set from ebay or another person or dealer etc. but you probably wont have them so we're stuck with our old 1k0 modules which can only be modified via VCP or similar software which can modify the internals of the module.

This was found out by this guy from Germany.

https://www.facebook.com/VcdsWorkx/?fref=ts

but is kept very secret which I can understand a little, so as far as I can tell there is one person on here (possibly in whole of UK) who has been given the info to be able to mod gen3 max modules to allow your mirrors to fold from the key (by holding it down) and he charges for this service.

I've messaged the person on Facebook in Germany but am doubtful if he will give me any info, so as Eddie nl gave me the info on using a SEAT module over 2 years ago now and its what I've already been using for all that time, I think for now I'll just stick with this as all the info to do it is kept to a privileged few.

I would like to thank n4s for giving me some good info.
Loads of extra's and retro fits.

Offline olsen-72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 21
  • Redditch
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2017, 12:36:37 am »
So far only one module in mk5 can be modified to have that function. Its 1K0...N
STAGING/NEEDLE SWEEP ON ALL WHITE CLOCKS
LIT NEEDLESS, MILES TO EMPTY
GENUINE CAN GATEWAY - SUPPLY AND FIT
CRUISE CONTROL -  SUPPLY AND FIT ALL VW's
CLOCKS CODING - VW SEAT SKODA UP TO 2014
SCIROCCO CLOCKS CONVERSION

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2017, 12:38:38 am »
So far only one module in mk5 can be modified to have that function. Its 1K0...N
what's it cost to program in or should I just text you?

Offline olsen-72

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 21
  • Redditch
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2017, 12:54:51 am »
Text plz
STAGING/NEEDLE SWEEP ON ALL WHITE CLOCKS
LIT NEEDLESS, MILES TO EMPTY
GENUINE CAN GATEWAY - SUPPLY AND FIT
CRUISE CONTROL -  SUPPLY AND FIT ALL VW's
CLOCKS CODING - VW SEAT SKODA UP TO 2014
SCIROCCO CLOCKS CONVERSION

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2017, 12:36:47 pm »
I've been reading loads on this and learning tons.

A quick breakdown of things is that mk6 modules (5k0) use UDS protocol to communicate not old can protocol and now with the easily available Vag can pro software around right now you can easily flash these via this software and even use VCDS to do it, all documented and worked out by a guy call Ruben (n4s) on the my Tiguan Forum. There are 2 options either it folds with locking or ignition off I think, something like that.

So some of us may have 5k0 modules in our cars if you've bought a set from ebay or another person or dealer etc. but you probably wont have them so we're stuck with our old 1k0 modules which can only be modified via VCP or similar software which can modify the internals of the module.

This was found out by this guy from Germany.

https://www.facebook.com/VcdsWorkx/?fref=ts

but is kept very secret which I can understand a little, so as far as I can tell there is one person on here (possibly in whole of UK) who has been given the info to be able to mod gen3 max modules to allow your mirrors to fold from the key (by holding it down) and he charges for this service.

I've messaged the person on Facebook in Germany but am doubtful if he will give me any info, so as Eddie nl gave me the info on using a SEAT module over 2 years ago now and its what I've already been using for all that time, I think for now I'll just stick with this as all the info to do it is kept to a privileged few.

I would like to thank n4s for giving me some good info.

n4s is local to me and it was him who coded both my Golfs to have folding mirrors with the key. He learned how to do it from the German retrofitter. He's the nicest guy you can meet too. :smiley:

Offline SI-R32

• Thank You
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2017, 08:41:50 pm »
So just a little update on this, first i had ordered Van Can Pro copy from somewhere thinking that this would be a wise buy, sadly this wasn't the case but i'll explain a little more soon.

I was trawling through the net when i stumbled across this

http://forum.golf6.pl/mk6-retrofitting/skladanie-lusterek-z-poziomu-pilota-t159-75.html

You'll need a bit of translate but kinda easy to keep up, lots going on but mainly the bits to change in the module etc be it 1K0 or 5K0 but you need a program to interrogate the module and change things, also modules require security access before you can do anything, so i plugged my s**t copy of VCP in only to find it did nothing, i was a little disheartened but thought sod it i''ll buy the fully bloody version.

Now from installing the copy i got an idea what the program is capable of and it already gives you the folding mirror option on a one press solution for 1K0 and 5K0 modules not just N modules.

This afternoon I got my now fully working version of VCP up and running and put my old 1K0 module back in its from 2010, some of you may know I've had a skoda 1T0 module in my car to do the folding mirrors for a few years but i wanted it done properly due to a couple of silly things the 1T0 module does.

Here is the write up i did for that

http://www.r32oc.com/topic/44240-fold-mirrors-with-from-key-with-auto-closure/

So with my 1K0 module in

I pressed a few buttons on VCP and now my mirrors fold with a long press from the key from a golf module and open as soon as i open the drivers door, rather than with ignition which i'd already been used to before from the 1T0 module.

So next step is to see if the 1T0 module will reprogram to fold mirrors upon opening the drivers door?

plus i want to try an older 1K0 module from say 2005 onwards that aren't N versions, obviously they still need the folding option in them to start with it can't make low modules folding.

So if anyone wants me to try coding there mirrors up for FREE please get in touch (i'm in Maidstone area) and we'll experiment to see if it can be done, which i don't see why not.

one last thing the mirror worked the other way round to the passenger side one, which I tried to rectify without swapping the wires over but i had to just swap the wires over in the mirror plug for it to be in tandem. overall a productive and happy day.

one other thing to try i've been collecting 5K0 drivers units from Europe, now putting these on a RHD car makes things all work wrong way round, but VCP also can change modules from LHD to RHD so i'f this works and say your old 1K0 version can't be coded then you could use 5K0 version to see if works.

« Last Edit: April 09, 2017, 04:32:19 pm by SI-R32 »

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2017, 10:18:09 pm »
So just a little update on this, first i had ordered Van Can Pro copy from somewhere thinking that this would be a wise buy, sadly this wasn't the case but i'll explain a little more soon.

I was trawling through the net when i stumbled across this

http://forum.golf6.pl/mk6-retrofitting/skladanie-lusterek-z-poziomu-pilota-t159-75.html

you'll need a bit of translate but kinda easy to keep up, lots going on but mainly the bits to change in the module etc be it 1K0 or 5K0 but you need a program to interrogate the module and change things, also modules require security access before you can do anything, so i plugged my **it copy of VCP in only to find it did nothing, i was a little disheartened but thought sod it i''ll buy the fully bloody version.

now from installing the copy i got an idea what the program is capable of and it already gives you the folding mirror option on a one press solution for 1K0 and 5K0 modules not just N modules.

This afternoon I got my now fully working version of VCP up and running and put my old 1K0 module back in its from 2010, some of you may know I've had a skoda 1T0 module in my car to do the mirrors for a few year but i wanted it done properly.

here is the write up i did for that

http://www.r32oc.com/topic/44240-fold-mirrors-with-from-key-with-auto-closure/

So with my 1K0 module in

I pressed a few buttons on VCP and now my mirrors fold with the key from a golf module and open as soon as i open the door, rather than with ignition which i'd already been used to before.

So next step is to see if the 1T0 module will reprogram to fold mirrors open from door?

plus i want to try an older 1K0 modules from say 2007 on wards that aren't an N version, obvvisly they still need the folding option in them to start with it can't make low modules folding.

So if anyone wants me to try coding there mirrors up for FREE please get in touch (i'm in Maidstone area) and we'll experiment to see if it can be done, which i don't see why not.

one last thing the mirror worked the other way round to the passenger side one which tried to rectify with out swapping the wires over but i had to just swap the wires over in the mirror plug for it to be in tandem. overall a productive and happy day.

one other thing to try i've been collecting 5K0 drivers units from Europe, now putting these on a RHD car makes things all work wrong way round, but VCP also can change modules from LHD to RHD so i'f this works and say your old 1K0 version can't be coded then you could use 5K0 version to see if works.

Well done SI  all your investigative work and efforts have paid dividends  :happy2:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2017, 10:29:29 pm »
Well done @SI-R32 great find but still way too far for me living in central London :signLOL:

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2017, 11:06:53 am »
@SI-R32 Well done! Another option available to get this working. :drinking:

Just to add that with the EEPROM coding of my 1K0 rev N with ODIS, it's possible to choose the opening of the mirrors when opening the door or when turning on the ignition. I prefer the latter since I don't always need the mirrors to open when I open my doors. :wink:

Offline SI-R32

• Thank You
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2017, 12:01:32 pm »
@SI-R32 Well done! Another option available to get this working. :drinking:

Just to add that with the EEPROM coding of my 1K0 rev N with ODIS, it's possible to choose the opening of the mirrors when opening the door or when turning on the ignition. I prefer the latter since I don't always need the mirrors to open when I open my doors. :wink:

Its the same with VCP, door or ignition, that's a good point, you might only want to pop in car and they'll unfold, I might go back to ignition.

I was given a very good but of information from n4s who reminded me before doing any mods on the eeprom coding make a back up copy first, stupidly I didn't do this so I can't put my module back to its total OEM state before folding mirrors were programed (although do I really need to?) but next time I change anything I will make a full back up of all the coding.

wondering also if I could then buy max modules from any a range of vw cars golf, sirocco, tiguan, eos and flash my code into it? potentially turning any max module into my golf max module?

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2017, 12:28:07 pm »
Its the same with VCP, door or ignition, that's a good point, you might only want to pop in car and they'll unfold, I might go back to ignition.

I was given a very good but of information from n4s who reminded me before doing any mods on the eeprom coding make a back up copy first, stupidly I didn't do this so I can't put my module back to its total OEM state before folding mirrors were programed (although do I really need to?) but next time I change anything I will make a full back up of all the coding.

wondering also if I could then buy max modules from any a range of vw cars golf, sirocco, tiguan, eos and flash my code into it? potentially turning any max module into my golf max module?

I can ask later if n4s knows that answer. :smiley:

Offline Cr33D

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2017, 01:05:13 pm »
Module must be from mk6 or late mk5. I have done a lot of research myself around this mod and reason for above is coded window movement precoded in the module. Anything different than mk6 does have different window movement distance. Hope this helps and makes sense.
 Ive seen someone did it with Leon modules but also had to limit window drop by putting bit of wood inside the doors.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Offline SI-R32

• Thank You
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2017, 01:07:26 pm »
Yes that was me mate, although not with wood, with a piece if 10mm bar, worked very well.

Do you think these distances are not changable then, like it's a set firmware.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 02:03:52 pm by SI-R32 »

Offline Cr33D

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 9
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2017, 06:07:04 pm »
Of from what I've read on different forums, I don't think anyone figured out what to change to adapt for an example scirocco, EOS, etc.  modules to run with MK5 window drop distance.
I think this might be a matter of a motor as for example all scirocco do have a different motor part number compared to mk6, if I remember correct.

So maybe issue is within motor and not a module itself ?

Although it is confirmed that MK6 modules work fine without any issues. Obviously rewiring is required to comply with Max Gen modules.

I already have folding mirrors that I need to fit and looking on ebay for modules + motors with correct part number.

PS.
you don't necessarily need a full VCP, you can dump eeprom via eeprom readers and clip into the module directly, modify it and reflash it. [I have somewhere information which reader you would need to use]. Odis should be able to do so as well through downloading firmware, editing it with hex file editor and loading it back into the module. I was going to try it some time ago but got a shed loads of work recently and all car work has to wait, unfortunately.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 06:18:52 pm by Cr33D »