Make a donation

Author Topic: Mk5 Golf with power folding mirrors with key remote  (Read 52693 times)

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
Re: Mk5 Golf with power folding mirrors with key remote
« Reply #75 on: August 05, 2017, 12:24:55 pm »
N modules don't need coding with the 4000 number, as that's only for cars later then 2008, N modules have it precoded in to fold.
Cheers @si-r32

I also noticed on vcds it shows as 702N. On the actual module it shows 792N.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Offline SI-R32

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 125
« Reply #76 on: August 05, 2017, 12:59:51 pm »
702 is passenger side as is 792, 701 and 793 driver side
Loads of extra's and retro fits.

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2017, 01:04:13 pm »
702 is passenger side as is 792, 701 and 793 driver side
Ah phew! Thought something was wrong lol. My old mirror used to dip as well. When i hooked up the new passenger wing mirror it also dipped. But then after a while it stopped. Tried the old wing mirror and that doesn't dip too. Do these have some sort of fuse?

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #78 on: August 05, 2017, 04:04:33 pm »
Im sure you put the keys in ignition and it unfolds?

Mine only fold with the switch

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: August 05, 2017, 06:23:43 pm »

Dont they unfold from the switch too?

U going to fit the seat leon door modules? I tried rewiring my door from gen 1-3 it didn't turn out so well. Might be easier to buy a door card which has a gen 3 wiring on it.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #80 on: August 06, 2017, 01:02:22 am »

Dont they unfold from the switch too?

U going to fit the seat leon door modules? I tried rewiring my door from gen 1-3 it didn't turn out so well. Might be easier to buy a door card which has a gen 3 wiring on it.

mine only fold from the switch ATM

Yes I want to but are you saying I'm going to have issues?
You mean the complete loom which comes from the B pillar where door hinges are?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 01:13:55 am by r5gtt »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #81 on: August 06, 2017, 01:12:04 am »
Here are both my modules

Offline RetroRaz

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: August 06, 2017, 08:43:13 am »
Nah not the complete loom, just the one from the door card going into the module. The one that comes from the hinge can easily be re-pinned. When i re-pinned the door card loom that's when I ran into issues but then just gave up. Later on it hit me that I shouldve just got a gen 3 loom from a later model door card.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #83 on: August 06, 2017, 07:33:34 pm »
Nah not the complete loom, just the one from the door card going into the module. The one that comes from the hinge can easily be re-pinned. When i re-pinned the door card loom that's when I ran into issues but then just gave up. Later on it hit me that I shouldve just got a gen 3 loom from a later model door card.

noce one Raz sounds like a good plan and no messing about with swapping wires over either. Let me know how you get on please?. Would like power fold mirrors when pressing remote open/close  :happy2:

Offline SI-R32

• Thank You
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2017, 03:59:18 pm »
Here are both my modules

just having a quick look at your modules, sadly they are not folding mirror modules. if you have a look at the 16 pin area where the mirror plugs in you can see you have multiple pins missing these are min modules, so fitting these wont work.

I can see you have 793N and 792N written on the actual black bit, this isn't what we're calling N modules

we're talking 701N 702N from a golf which as it happens has 792K and 793K black bits meaning there max modules able to fold.

I appreciate there from a SEAT I believe being 1T0 but you need to look for black modules with any of these numbers

•1K0 959 793 B  •1K0 959 793 D  •1K0 959 793 H  •1K0 959 793 K •1K0 959 793 P  •1K0 959 793 R  •1K0 959 793 T

now B,D and H are Gen2 so you can discount these, K, P, R and T are all Gen3 max modules and can ALL have folding mirror from key enabled, K differently from P,R and T but can still be done.

plus one thing to mention that's just cropped up with Raz and has been covered in threads on here previously is that just because its a MAX module does not mean it instantly folds mirrors, there was an option for passenger mirror to have just dip in reverse (memory function mirrors), VW supply max modules for this but the actual firmware inside doesn't have the ability to fold the mirrors, this is why the last 3 figures of the part number, which are often not present sadly iare very important for sourcing the correct modules.

another thing to mention please don't just look on ebay for any 792/3 K,P,R or T as it must match your car for the window travel to work, so if you have 3 door it must be a 3 door , 5 door for 5 door, using golf cabriolet is possible for a 5 door, no scirocco ones will ever work on a golf steer clear.

if you buy any from Europe so there LHD things will work all wrong on RHD and vice versa but with VagCanPro you can tell the unit which way you want it to be.

To anyone i'm willing for FREE to add mirror folding from key and change if necessary LHD to RHD all you pay is postage both ways, you send me black module split from motor (very easy to do), I program up and send back, hence you really don't need to pay anyone to do this service for you.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 04:07:35 pm by SI-R32 »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2017, 06:18:58 pm »
Thanks for letting me know, Now I don't have to waste my time messing with wiring to find it was never going to work  :sad1:  :doh:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #86 on: August 14, 2017, 01:32:51 am »
This is what I have now with folding puddle lights

Offline SI-R32

• Thank You
« Reply #87 on: August 14, 2017, 06:14:12 am »
This is what I have now with folding puddle lights

Right as your probably aware but also so other people get the info, your black modules are Gen2 which cannot be modded for key fold (maybe possible but no one yet done it), so your next step is if you really want it done is to acquire a drivers side Gen3 module and do some wiring changes as I know you were going to do with the SEAT modules.

But what I'm not 100% sure on is if you have to touch the passenger side as the fold signal goes over the can bus so your passenger one may be able to be left alone.

is your car 5 or 3 door, your rear doors may unlock via the ccm and not lin bus from the front module (if 5 door) sadly though the SEAT modules (if you go down that route again) wont unlock rear doors on a 5 door car unless they unlock from ccm.

so i'd steer clear of the seat modules.

i'll try and look through e bay once I know how many doors your car is and point you in the right direction.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #88 on: August 14, 2017, 11:04:17 pm »
Yeah will steer clear of the seat modules now as I don't want to go through this hassle again of trying to sell them now.

I have a 5 door family bus  :happy2:

Eddie3737

« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2018, 01:00:25 pm »
Hello,

Sorry to revive this thread but I am having difficulty getting my folding mirrors to work.

I have door control module 1K0959793k (VAGCOM 1K0959701N).

It does not let me change coding manually (+4096) or via binary byte 1 bit 4 changing to 1.

I also have the use of ODIS as have a friend at a VW dealer