Make a donation

Author Topic: URGENT oil pressure stop engine  (Read 189183 times)

Offline Pesky jones

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 18
Re: URGENT oil pressure stop engine
« Reply #225 on: March 15, 2016, 10:01:11 am »
Firstly, I appologise for another post without any progress, but I cant do anything until I receive the long reach anyway  :wink: But someone at work has said the big ends could have bent. I didn’t think I could remove the oil pump unit to reveal the big ends because the bolts aren’t reusable and apparently cost 600£! Im hoping that the big ends never lost oil pressure if it was just the tensioner exploding and loosing oil pressure there. There would still be oil pressure in the block, right? I’d hate to get the head rebuilt/replaced etc spend a load of money only to find there are issues with the block.

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ssk7v59cdboa4p4va40jdoehr1&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #226 on: March 15, 2016, 11:02:03 am »
I very much doubt youve bend anything near the crank shaft.

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #227 on: March 15, 2016, 12:28:45 pm »
You won't have bent a rod, but you could have scored the big ends, crank, spun a bearing etc. from running without oil pressure. The only way to know is to either strip and examine, or get the top end sorted, try to start it and hope for the best
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #228 on: March 15, 2016, 12:37:25 pm »
You won't have bent a rod, but you could have scored the big ends, crank, spun a bearing etc. from running without oil pressure. The only way to know is to either strip and examine, or get the top end sorted, try to start it and hope for the best

I think if the tensioner has exploded or whatever then that would explain the oil pressure light? so if that's the place it lost oil pressure, then there would still be oil pressure around the big ends hopefully?

I think i'm going to try sort the top end out and hope for the best
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 12:40:56 pm by Peskyjones »

Offline maicol1524

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #229 on: March 15, 2016, 01:31:36 pm »
First look the head, depends you see there, go to the block, I had the same problem, today my mechanic will be give me the car, I'll answer him which was de problem on my car ( my valves are ok, and the crankshaft, camshaft )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #230 on: March 15, 2016, 01:34:49 pm »
First look the head, depends you see there, go to the block, I had the same problem, today my mechanic will be give me the car, I'll answer him which was de problem on my car ( my valves are ok, and the crankshaft, camshaft )

Sorry, could you elaborate? Your're currently in the same position as me?

Offline maicol1524

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
URGENT oil pressure stop engine
« Reply #231 on: March 15, 2016, 01:37:58 pm »
Yes, I had the same code and the oil pressure warning, today I'll pick up my car and I will ask him which was the problem

( sorry for my English I'm Costa Rican )

And my car is ready now, all the problems were resolve

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #232 on: March 15, 2016, 01:38:56 pm »
Yes, I had the same code and the oil pressure warning, today I'll pick up my car and I will ask him which was the problem

No worries! That would be great, thanks mate. Did yours cut out and refuse to turn back on as well?I assume if your picking up today then its fixed?? Great news, happy for you, even if i am slightly jealous  :wink:How much if you don't mind me asking

Offline maicol1524

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #233 on: March 15, 2016, 01:43:25 pm »

No worries! That would be great, thanks mate. Did yours cut out and refuse to turn back on as well?I assume if your picking up today then its fixed?? Great news, happy for you, even if i am slightly jealous  :wink:How much if you don't mind me asking

Yes I did, 1 min later I started again ( without the fail on my panel ) and runs like 4km to my mechanic.

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #234 on: March 15, 2016, 08:02:02 pm »

Yes I did, 1 min later I started again ( without the fail on my panel ) and runs like 4km to my mechanic.

Any news?

Offline maicol1524

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
« Reply #235 on: March 15, 2016, 08:04:54 pm »

Any news?

In two hours I'll be picking the car, he charged me around $830

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #236 on: March 15, 2016, 08:08:00 pm »
For my money Pesky his job is not the same as yours,I feel his is just a pickup pipe clean and then a reassembly.

Offline Roadrebel

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: March 15, 2016, 09:56:02 pm »
Pesky, I told you what happened to mine and yours sounds the same. Just to confirm, does the inlet camshaft turn when you turn the engine by hand?

If yes then the chain has slipped and the valves may be ok.

If no then the chain has broken and some of the pistons have hit some of the valves and bent them.

You can determine this in seconds without messing about with the chain and cover.

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #238 on: March 15, 2016, 11:00:14 pm »
@Roadrebel if it had skipped a few teeth then id agree possibly no valves damaged, but it looks like its skipped quite a bit. I still need to remove the cover to look at the condition of thr tensioner and chain etc. To confirm that was the reason for the low oil pressure message. If its in good condition then the oil pressure message has come from somewhere else.

Offline vRSAlex

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 253
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,19941.0.html
« Reply #239 on: March 16, 2016, 01:33:40 pm »
Firstly, I appologise for another post without any progress, but I cant do anything until I receive the long reach anyway  :wink: But someone at work has said the big ends could have bent. I didn’t think I could remove the oil pump unit to reveal the big ends because the bolts aren’t reusable and apparently cost 600£! Im hoping that the big ends never lost oil pressure if it was just the tensioner exploding and loosing oil pressure there. There would still be oil pressure in the block, right? I’d hate to get the head rebuilt/replaced etc spend a load of money only to find there are issues with the block.

Tell your mate that April fools day is next month.  :P
www.akstuning.co.uk - info@akstuning.com - 01234 822324
Follow AKS tuning on Facebook