Make a donation

Author Topic: URGENT oil pressure stop engine  (Read 191460 times)

Offline Beej

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 23
    • Email
Re: URGENT oil pressure stop engine
« Reply #720 on: April 11, 2016, 05:52:40 pm »
I too have followed this whole thread from the start and really do take my hat off to you. I do a lot of the work on my cars and even I probably wouldn't have considered tackling this, but credit where credit due, and a serious thumbs up to the plethora of knowledge handed out by the members on here!

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 672
« Reply #721 on: April 12, 2016, 04:35:53 pm »
I can do a proper how to guide this week as I'll be doing my chain on Wednesday hopefully

Good stuff.  I've data logged mine over a couple of 30 min journeys now, so if you need any reference data, let me know.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ssk7v59cdboa4p4va40jdoehr1&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #722 on: April 12, 2016, 04:36:46 pm »
Seems to be in spec.... 28ºKW spec. 28ºKW actual.

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #723 on: April 12, 2016, 04:47:35 pm »
I can do a proper how to guide this week as I'll be doing my chain on Wednesday hopefully

Good stuff.  I've data logged mine over a couple of 30 min journeys now, so if you need any reference data, let me know.

Might be worth posting a bit of it anyway Pudding, just for others.

Offline neiller

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 3
    • Email
« Reply #724 on: April 12, 2016, 06:26:22 pm »
Excellent work ! Well done getting this all sorted out!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
  • -Given: 44
  • -Receive: 309
« Reply #725 on: April 12, 2016, 06:42:37 pm »

Might be worth posting a bit of it anyway Pudding, just for others.

+1 for the above while its fresh in people's minds because summer is just around the corner :driver:

Offline dazza

• Admin
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 90
  • -Receive: 190
  • Coding Boffin
    • Email
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ssk7v59cdboa4p4va40jdoehr1&/topic,90967.msg917089.html#msg917089
« Reply #726 on: April 12, 2016, 07:39:02 pm »
I'm going to check mine tomorrow some cowboy changed the timing belt and cam chain.

05 | Tornado Red | DSG

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #727 on: April 13, 2016, 07:30:59 pm »
So done approx a hundred miles and it all seems ok.

But its still smoking a little when hot, smoke rising from behind the maf sensor. Really got no idea where its xoming from. There is still an oil leak on the other side of the engine, but thats on the other side. Any ideas on how to go abour fixing this?

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ssk7v59cdboa4p4va40jdoehr1&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #728 on: April 13, 2016, 07:33:54 pm »
I would remove the engine cover and all that lot so you can get your head around the back of the block

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
« Reply #729 on: April 13, 2016, 08:10:28 pm »
So done approx a hundred miles and it all seems ok.

But its still smoking a little when hot, smoke rising from behind the maf sensor. Really got no idea where its xoming from. There is still an oil leak on the other side of the engine, but thats on the other side. Any ideas on how to go abour fixing this?

For me these leaks seem to be a lot easier to address and locate if you have access to a vehicle lift rather than on your back under ramps but if you haven't then,Telescopic mirrors and plenty aerosol brake cleaner for the maf area one - that I expect will be a bolt seal to the camcover over tightened.
The one at the chain end can still be excess in the gearbox casting webs coming out while driving -  don't be in a hurry to dismantle spend your time confirming all previous spillage is removed and don't be lazy about it cause every time you dismantle you've got a good chance of breakage to hose and plastic clips etc.

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #730 on: April 13, 2016, 10:24:31 pm »
Thanks. Ive ordered a second hand rev h vacuum pump so I will clean everything up, and then replace the vac pump. I think I might as well replace the valve cover gasket at the same time. After ive replaced the gasket and the vac pump I will then clean everything up with aerosol spray and see if it solves it. What do you think about this plan @doylebros ?

Everything in vcds looks good however, apart from block 93 which reads -3kw. I think @Pudding said this should be 0 to -2kw. @vRSAlex any thoughts?

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #731 on: April 13, 2016, 10:33:51 pm »
Mines a BWA but from memory it was either -3 or -4. I wouldnt worry about it to be honest
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline doylebros

• Thank You
« Reply #732 on: April 14, 2016, 06:41:30 am »
Now you know the engine is OK new parts is the only way to get reliability so if you remove a gasket,hose or clip its best to replace it. :happy2:

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
« Reply #733 on: April 14, 2016, 08:35:43 am »
Mines a BWA but from memory it was either -3 or -4. I wouldnt worry about it to be honest

Thanks dan

Now you know the engine is OK new parts is the only way to get reliability so if you remove a gasket,hose or clip its best to replace it. :happy2:

Sounds good, it makes sense. It was my opinion too tgat now I have the engine running ok I cant spend money a bit more confidentlly. Thanks

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #734 on: April 14, 2016, 08:55:04 am »
I'm curious about my timing again now, think i'll have to break out the laptop after work and check
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales