Make a donation

Author Topic: URGENT oil pressure stop engine  (Read 189132 times)

Offline rich83

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ssk7v59cdboa4p4va40jdoehr1&/topic,19740.0.html
Re: URGENT oil pressure stop engine
« Reply #840 on: December 19, 2017, 08:26:58 am »
It’s like dealing with a toddler.......

Offline teo_parvu

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 57
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96115.msg955433.html#new
« Reply #841 on: December 19, 2017, 09:17:27 am »
It’s like dealing with a toddler.......

OMG!  :confused:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #842 on: December 19, 2017, 03:06:20 pm »
@Pesky jones
I know and wholly accept my car engine is completely gone. I will not be taking parts off to put my mind at ease from here onwards. Best thing to do is accept the fatality owed in driving habits. It’s that simple.
yeah it was a silly thing to do them boast about it  :doh:

You live and learn oh and spend  :signLOL:

Offline Pesky jones

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 18
« Reply #843 on: December 20, 2017, 01:44:20 pm »
hope this is a duo I fix for my car. As previously said damage is done when car dies. Mine said stop engine oil pressure. Next day rattled like a black taxi and now completely dead engine won’t turn just getting a tick over

100% blocked oil pick up pipe, Drain oil, take of sump and give it a good clean or replace strainer about £70 from dealers

then you just need oil and sealent  :happy2:

wont be anything else, esp if oil level fine and no oil in your coolant

Im guessing there is some type of backstory here. However, you have quoted a reply from the first page of this thread. There were numerous developments made throughout the thread which need to be read before comparing.

EDIT: just caught up on the other thread. TBH buddy, I think you need to just sweep this one under the carpet and start looking for a new TFSI engine. Just learn from it really. Join the the TFSI selling page on facebook, second hand engines get sold often on there. Any 2.0 tfsi engine can be fitted to your car (AXX,BWA,BYD,BWJ,CDL) I also think there are a few american engine codes that differ slightly from the codes listed which are still 2.0 tfsi. Just do your research and a lot of googling

DOUBLE EDIT: one thing that can be taken from my thread, is the level of competence here on the forum. Do not dismiss opinions/ advice. They will be right!
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 01:51:57 pm by Pesky jones »

Offline GTi-Tecnix

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 13
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
« Reply #844 on: December 21, 2017, 03:05:16 am »
hope this is a duo I fix for my car. As previously said damage is done when car dies. Mine said stop engine oil pressure. Next day rattled like a black taxi and now completely dead engine won’t turn just getting a tick over

100% blocked oil pick up pipe, Drain oil, take of sump and give it a good clean or replace strainer about £70 from dealers

then you just need oil and sealent  :happy2:

wont be anything else, esp if oil level fine and no oil in your coolant

Im guessing there is some type of backstory here. However, you have quoted a reply from the first page of this thread. There were numerous developments made throughout the thread which need to be read before comparing.

EDIT: just caught up on the other thread. TBH buddy, I think you need to just sweep this one under the carpet and start looking for a new TFSI engine. Just learn from it really. Join the the TFSI selling page on facebook, second hand engines get sold often on there. Any 2.0 tfsi engine can be fitted to your car (AXX,BWA,BYD,BWJ,CDL) I also think there are a few american engine codes that differ slightly from the codes listed which are still 2.0 tfsi. Just do your research and a lot of googling

DOUBLE EDIT: one thing that can be taken from my thread, is the level of competence here on the forum. Do not dismiss opinions/ advice. They will be right!
Lesson learnt  :happy2:
Rapid Acceleration on a Slippery surface
Sounds like a MK5 GTI 💥👊🏽💯

Offline suvaralexandru

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #845 on: May 29, 2020, 08:30:54 pm »
Hello! I have a golf 5 gti, AXX 2.0 tfsi and I have the following problem:
The old cylinder head was fissured, because of the oil pump and because of me, because I didn't stop the car on time. The oil pump is now clean and cancelled the balancers, it is stil in warranty. Now I have a new complete cylinder head and after all the pieces were put again together, it appears STOP OIL PRESSURE , STOP ENGINE - red again. As far as I heard, it may be possible that the mechanic had made a mistake when he put the silicon on the cylinder head. He covered the ducts (channels). After 4000 engine-speeds it appears this error.

Offline DerDave1

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #846 on: August 25, 2021, 09:56:32 pm »
Hello

So I have the same error message, Stop engine off bla bla bla.
Read the posts here and did as advised,  sump down cleaned everything,  new filter, clean oil pick up pipe, new oil, sealed it all good. Take her for a spin for about 45min, 20 min smooth to make sure the new oil is spread everywhere,  and than hit her.... all good until 3 miles before home the message reoccurring Stop engine off low oil pressure.  I also change the cam shaft sensor and  the cam timing chain sensor....

Any good advice please what else could cause that message

Offline DerDave1

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #847 on: October 12, 2021, 05:35:20 am »
Hi guys

Helpful forum here! Like it.

I faced the same warning message on my MK5 2006 TFSI, and did troubleshoot.

A slight little note which is not mentioned here, my warning message has been related to the timing which was 1degree off! I figured that when I changed the timing belt, and ever than the error message vanished!

YS

Dave

Offline Tactical_Pear

• Thank You
« Reply #848 on: November 06, 2023, 01:23:36 pm »
Same thing just happened to me after racing my mate uphill. Stop! Oil pressure or whatever. So I turned the engine off without even cooling it down properly after some fast driving, checked the fluids and everything normal. After starting it up again all was fine, no message, no weird sounds. Day later still nothing while going to and out of work. Car is working perfectly. Later on we decided to go for a ride to the same location. Half way up same message. I turn on the side and quit the engine which this time was rattling. I pop the hood and after wanting to check oil that whole seal was in my hand without even unscrewing it. Completely knocked off the plastic part below engine cover. So there was air coming into where you put oil. Im like okay thats why its saying something with oil pressure. Woke up my mechanic at 2am if he could tow me. Him wanting to sleep suggested to just smack the seal onto it. Did that and trust me no air coming in or out of the oil seal now. Start the engine, sounds good, and no message. Half way home STOP! and rattling sound. I park up at my house and say to myself that Im gonna solve it tomorrow (It was round 3am by that time). I wake up ready to drive myself to my mechanics garage. Starts well and sounds good once again nothing out of ordinary. After driving for 2 minutes STOP! message appears. I say fck it and drive 14km (round 8-9 miles) to mechanic. Car was rattling as sht whole way, to me that 2.0 TFSI sounded like a diesel engine. After I got to the garage my mechanic asked if I got enough oil. I said yes as I checked like 5 times day before. Straight after he said it will be the oil pump then which is wrong. Ill post updates on my car to possibly help people with the same issue.

Online OllieVRS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 15
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #849 on: November 07, 2023, 05:10:24 pm »
Same thing just happened to me after racing my mate uphill. Stop! Oil pressure or whatever. So I turned the engine off without even cooling it down properly after some fast driving, checked the fluids and everything normal. After starting it up again all was fine, no message, no weird sounds. Day later still nothing while going to and out of work. Car is working perfectly. Later on we decided to go for a ride to the same location. Half way up same message. I turn on the side and quit the engine which this time was rattling. I pop the hood and after wanting to check oil that whole seal was in my hand without even unscrewing it. Completely knocked off the plastic part below engine cover. So there was air coming into where you put oil. Im like okay thats why its saying something with oil pressure. Woke up my mechanic at 2am if he could tow me. Him wanting to sleep suggested to just smack the seal onto it. Did that and trust me no air coming in or out of the oil seal now. Start the engine, sounds good, and no message. Half way home STOP! and rattling sound. I park up at my house and say to myself that Im gonna solve it tomorrow (It was round 3am by that time). I wake up ready to drive myself to my mechanics garage. Starts well and sounds good once again nothing out of ordinary. After driving for 2 minutes STOP! message appears. I say fck it and drive 14km (round 8-9 miles) to mechanic. Car was rattling as sht whole way, to me that 2.0 TFSI sounded like a diesel engine. After I got to the garage my mechanic asked if I got enough oil. I said yes as I checked like 5 times day before. Straight after he said it will be the oil pump then which is wrong. Ill post updates on my car to possibly help people with the same issue.

You'll be lucky to have a running engine after running it for that distance with insufficient oil pressure mate.

Oil pressure is required to lubricate the moving engine parts, otherwise you'll have metal on metal grinding. The rattling sound is coming from your cams and cam chain, oil pressure tensions the cam chain's tensioner on the righthand side of the engine.

Your engine needs serious investigation. The engine sump needs to be dropped, and the oil pump pick-up pipe checked for blockages, and pump balance shaft ends checked for play. Those are the most likely causes for low oil pressure on these engines. Also check the oil pump chain is still correctly tensioned, nothing there is loose.

You'll probably see A LOT of metal flakes and sparkles in the engine oil so be prepared for that.

Regardless if you find something obvious or not afterwards you will need an oil pressure test. Plug in an oil pressure gauge test tool, and monitor the oil pressure.

Once the engine warms up to 80 degrees oil temp, not coolant temp, you should take the following readings (if you can't check with car scanning tool it's around 15 min after the coolant temp hits 90):

Oil pressure at idle, 1000RPM, 2000RPM and 3000RPM. Report back what you/your mechanic get.

The oil pressure should never be below 14.5psi (1 BAR).
'06 Skoda Octavia vRS TFSI