Make a donation

Author Topic: Reflective silver Mk5 gti  (Read 1639 times)

Offline briank213

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
Reflective silver Mk5 gti
« on: November 08, 2021, 07:14:02 pm »
This is my Mk5 gti with minor mods it's has a K&N intake with Catless downpipe and Apr stage 1 software.

Offline NorthWest

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • 2007 GTI
Re: Reflective silver Mk5 gti
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 09:12:46 pm »
Hey mate same set up as you intake & catless down pipe. Just mapped today aswell stage 1 !

I’m getting cel light tho ? Have you got any lights ? Getting 02 sensor bank 1 . Guessing sensor 2 is setting sensor 1 off

Offline LC5F

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 16
  • -Receive: 79
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 09:54:46 pm »
Good looking Golf - I'm guessing your somewhere south of the equator?
I like the Dyno cell, complete opposite to here in the UK where they are mostly dark dingy holes

Offline briank213

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 04:25:16 am »
Good looking Golf - I'm guessing your somewhere south of the equator?
I like the Dyno cell, complete opposite to here in the UK where they are mostly dark dingy holes

I am from South Africa. Hahahaha this Dyno is built outside and just has glass sliding doors so it's completely opened.

Offline briank213

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2021, 08:48:55 am »
Hey mate same set up as you intake & catless down pipe. Just mapped today aswell stage 1 !

I’m getting cel light tho ? Have you got any lights ? Getting 02 sensor bank 1 . Guessing sensor 2 is setting sensor 1 off
I never get any cel lights but I did have some issues with my O2 sensor, bank 1 sensor is near the turbo and bank 2 is after the catalytic converter. Best to get your car scanned by VCDS or even using the OBDeleven. OBD eleven was the most useful tool I used when I had issues it's let's you see what fault codes you getting and gives you live data from the car. If you do get your car scanned you can post your codes here and I try and help you if I can. From what I know if you car is mapped it should fix the cel light because you get that light when you remove the catalytic converter ask the tuner to scan you car and see what fault codes you getting. Did you install a cat fooler or adaptor on your downpipe? And how is the car going are there any other issues like breaking up or stalling when you driving the car?

Offline briank213

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2021, 08:52:06 am »
This is the fault codes I had on my car after tuning

Offline NorthWest

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • 2007 GTI
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2021, 06:45:57 pm »
no break up or stalling mate. cars driving 100%. i'll grab a picture of the dyno print out and post it see what ye guys think .
im using Carly obd scanner. fault is relating to 02 sensor .

P0030 is the code I'm getting. I don't think its a faulty 02, I think its just cos of the reading its getting and cats removed. I ordered a 02 spacer this morning so ill throw that on when it arrives and see if it makes a difference .

« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 07:19:13 pm by NorthWest »

Offline briank213

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2021, 04:24:42 pm »
no break up or stalling mate. cars driving 100%. i'll grab a picture of the dyno print out and post it see what ye guys think .
im using Carly obd scanner. fault is relating to 02 sensor .

P0030 is the code I'm getting. I don't think its a faulty 02, I think its just cos of the reading its getting and cats removed. I ordered a 02 spacer this morning so ill throw that on when it arrives and see if it makes a difference .

From the rosstech says its a faulty heating element on the O2 sensor because you changed the downpipe just double check that you O2 sensors are plugged in properly and check if there's no damaged wires with the heat these wires get damaged if you get the adaptor just make sure you put after the catalytic converter. Hows the Mk5 after the tune I had my car 6 years with no mods now my car feels completely different there's power all over the rev range. I also managed to race a golf 6R dsg on a rolling start and managed a 3 car gap over 1/4 mile and my car is manual.