Make a donation

Author Topic: My Black 3 Door Manual ED30 No2297  (Read 34717 times)

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
Re: My Black 3 Door Manual ED30 No2297
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 11:58:42 am »
Looks a nice example mate any mods planned ?

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 08:55:14 pm »
Looks very well!
Looks a nice example mate any mods planned ?

Cheers lads very much appreciated :happy2:

Well I have already changed my cam follower(was in good nick anyway but better safe than sorry)
Checked my DV (revision G) and PCV both good.
Aquired my ED30 plaque from VW.
Got my coilovers to go on next week hopefully then all I plan on doing is a stage 1 APR map from ecotune in renfrew and big brake kit probably(VW racing) and that will be that.

Basically have it sitting how I like, have a little extra poke cos why not, get the brakes sorted for looks and resolve the mediocre braking it comes with.

Offline zainster

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 2
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2016, 10:11:46 am »
Always liked the Ed30 and this one looks a very nice example!  :happy2:

Offline Shoduchi

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2016, 11:09:26 am »
Looks mint!  :smiley:

If you want some ideas to improve the comfort features you can look at both my projects. The interior can be updated to a more modern look/capabilities too. :wink:

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2016, 07:09:29 pm »
Always liked the Ed30 and this one looks a very nice example!  :happy2:

Cheers mate much appreciated :happy2:

Looks mint!  :smiley:

If you want some ideas to improve the comfort features you can look at both my projects. The interior can be updated to a more modern look/capabilities too. :wink:

Cheers buddy very much appreciated :happy2: I actually had some rare spare time in work today and spent it all reading your build thread...wow mate! very very imressive :congrats: such a methodical and precise series of modifications and to be honest I will take quite a bit of inspiration from it... interior and the rest your car is mint bud.

If I could ask you a question, how does your car sit/ride now with a few thousand miles under its belt on the H&Rs..looks great. I only ask as I have a tough decision to make regarding my coilovers.

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2016, 07:29:56 pm »
Cheers buddy very much appreciated :happy2: I actually had some rare spare time in work today and spent it all reading your build thread...wow mate! very very imressive :congrats: such a methodical and precise series of modifications and to be honest I will take quite a bit of inspiration from it... interior and the rest your car is mint bud.

If I could ask you a question, how does your car sit/ride now with a few thousand miles under its belt on the H&Rs..looks great. I only ask as I have a tough decision to make regarding my coilovers.
Thanks bud! :drinking:

I think the H&R give a perfect stance for the car. I wouldn't ride lower with coilovers, to be honest. For the price I paid for the dampers and springs, I think I have a much better and durable setup than what the same priced coilovers would give me. Of course I wouldn't mind fitting Öhlins but they're too expensive for my wallet. :laugh:

If you choose a damper and spring setup you can also consider the Bilstein B12 kit, as you won't have to adjust it to your preference like the Koni Sport require/allow. Or Bilstein B8 and H&R springs, since there are a few in this forum who have that setup and like it too. :smiley:

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2016, 04:46:12 pm »
Well I've been working abroad and not had much time to update my profile on here so thought it was overdue to stick a few pics up with the way the car is sitting now that I have my suspension on ☺

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2016, 05:43:51 pm »
What suspension you on? Sits nice

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2016, 06:57:22 pm »

Thanks mate. Its on H&R springs needed it to be comfy to please her and survive my pothole and speedbump drive to the base. Plus saved me cash for my remap.. pretty happy with them ao far I inly fitted them 4 days ago so shld still settle some.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2016, 07:01:45 pm by csrigo »

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2016, 03:33:52 pm »

Thanks mate. Its on H&R springs needed it to be comfy to please her and survive my pothole and speedbump drive to the base. Plus saved me cash for my remap.. pretty happy with them ao far I inly fitted them 4 days ago so shld still settle some.

You got new dampers with them? Are the springs 30mm or 50mm? I have 30mm h and r springs waiting to be fitted, I'll be chuffed if it sits like this !

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2016, 04:10:37 pm »

You got new dampers with them? Are the springs 30mm or 50mm? I have 30mm h and r springs waiting to be fitted, I'll be chuffed if it sits like this !
There's only one H&R spring kit for GTI/GT and the springs are blue. It lowers the ride 30 mm. Just other mk5 Golf models have -50 mm that lower the ride the same as the blue GTI springs but they're painted red. GTIs are -20 mm compared to normal Golfs, GT/GT Sport/Sport are -15 mm.

Offline AlexPWallace

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 9
  • -Receive: 2
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,106039.msg1032217.html#msg1032217
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2016, 05:26:28 pm »
Well I've been working abroad and not had much time to update my profile on here so thought it was overdue to stick a few pics up with the way the car is sitting now that I have my suspension on ☺

Love this example mate....really neat. Something to aspire to

Offline snowley

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2016, 09:18:39 pm »
Looks great. Nice to get such a great height with just springs.

How does the comfort compare to standard?

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2016, 03:01:07 pm »

Cheers mate. Yes they are the 30mm H&Rs which as Shoduchi says are the only option you really get for the gti..the 50s are for normal mk5 I believe so yours should sit basically the same as mine bud...get some pics up when on let me have a nosey

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2016, 03:04:22 pm »

Love this example mate....really neat. Something to aspire to

Thank you very much mate much appreciated