Make a donation

Author Topic: My Black 3 Door Manual ED30 No2297  (Read 34740 times)

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
Re: My Black 3 Door Manual ED30 No2297
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2016, 03:26:21 pm »
Looks great. Nice to get such a great height with just springs.

How does the comfort compare to standard?
Cheers mate they make a big difference in handling and the the ride is great almost standard pretty comfy amd my roads are bad up here.

Offline Mitch H

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 25
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95928.60.html
« Reply #31 on: May 03, 2016, 05:17:34 pm »
I'm 99% sure H and r do a 50mm for the gti aswell only made for American market but there is a few company's now selling them on the U.K
Can see how people get easily confused though it's a right pita

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2016, 06:17:55 pm »
I'm 99% sure H and r do a 50mm for the gti aswell only made for American market but there is a few company's now selling them on the U.K

Yeah mate I had a wee nosey today on my lunch and I think your right I think they call them H&R supersports or something...defo worth a shout if your wanting it even lower..prob a little more firm but H&R are quality so worth a try

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2016, 06:50:26 pm »
Bear in mind US GTIs sit really high. I'd guess 15/20mm higher than the 'Euro' as they call it.

I'm prepared to be proved wrong, but I'd bet my balls that this 50mm spring wouldn't lower a Euro/UK GTI by 50mm.

I'm on the normal 30mm H&R by the way, and I agree, they're very good.

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2016, 08:08:29 pm »
Hi folks just a wee update since I just got my stage 1 APR remap done at ecotune in renfrew ( basically Glasgow to all English peeps :wink: )

I would like to thank the guys at Ecotune for a great service today!! im over the moon with the results even after a sketchy start which the guys rectified brilliantly.

I turned up on the off chance looking to get my map but since I was actually doing overtime at the time and had sneaked away  :grin: I wasnt very hopeful of getting slotted in. Luck being on my side they had a cancellation and i jumped at it.

Got my car rolled their couple months back the car being completely standard and ran 230.1 bhp and cant remember the torque(print off is in the house) but was more than happy with the results.

So today when my first run on the dyno was 14bhp down 216bhp i was a little disheartened tho it was 70°F so much hotter than last time but still a little gutted as i was feeling the car a little down on power but thought it was my imagination! Anyway once the stage 1 APR map was loaded on after checking all files where good no fault codes....nightmare a coilpack decided to end itself :doh: but the guys at ecotune where amazing and replaced my faulty one with one they had spare from a lambo they worked on :grin: and they also checked and regapped ally spark plugs as they where all waaay out!

Well to get get to the nitty gritty the car made 325.2 bhp and 317.5 ft-lbs!!! I will stick my bad pic of my printout on as soon as i can get my photobucket upload.

The car is completely standard apart from the map and i know there is always different roller results dependent where you go before peple say its optimistic to get these reults with no mods but im not too fussed the car feels night and day either way...Amazing!! So if its 325 or 290 im a happy chappy.

Cant recommend Ecotune enough proper VAG heads and very friendly professional service top quality guys as well.

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2016, 08:14:22 pm »

Apologies for the rubbish pic i folded it in my pocket before realising what id done.....idiot lol

Offline ChrisGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 40
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,106577.0.html
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2016, 08:19:24 pm »
Nice one, some good gains from that! Like you said as long as you're happy with it then that's what really matters at the end of the day!  :jumpmove:

Chris
It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2016, 08:31:12 pm »
Nice one, some good gains from that! Like you said as long as you're happy with it then that's what really matters at the end of the day!  :jumpmove:

Chris

Cheers mate your totally right  :happy2:

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2016, 09:04:03 am »
Nice power spec!  :happy2:

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2016, 03:26:35 pm »
Nice power spec!  :happy2:

Cheers bud :happy2: im really happy with it but ordered my NGKs and R8 coilpacks anyway just to be on safe side car feels great...but......got a slight clutch slip in 6th last night..ah well new helix clutch and flywheel next I suppose  :doh:

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2016, 10:42:28 am »
Just a quick update. I fitted my NGK BKR7EIX plugs (I gapped them first) and new coilpacks while the weather was good and the car feels great. Fuel consumption mpg has gone up to around 36-39 mpg on my daily commute due to im assuming the combination of the new stage 1 map, plugs and coilpacks has benifitted the car massively. My clutch is actually spot on and holding so far..had one slip as i stated last week but that was under load from 30mph in 6th gear accelerating so is understandable.. driving normally and spirited has been fine so no clutch needed straight away at least. Ordered Millers nano drive NT oil and ITG panel filter along with oil filter fuel filter etc for a wee service i will carry out next weekend.

Thinking of ordering my PCV delete as i have a little oil just underneath the valve so it may have a slight leak but not losing boost or anything so no great necessity yet i believe.

Now trying to stop myself getting parts for stage 2...really told myself i wouldnt tho.....ugh :doh:

Offline ChrisGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2016, 04:48:02 pm »
Great news on the clutch, hopefully it'll last a while.

Good plan doing all the maintenance too, oils and filters are the best thing you can do to keep the engine running good.

re-gapped the plugs and balanced the carbs on my motorbike over winter and it's amazing the difference little maintenance things like that can help the general running of any vehicle, obviously the car doesn't have carbs but you know what I mean  :grin:

Chris

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2016, 06:43:41 pm »
Great news on the clutch, hopefully it'll last a while.

Good plan doing all the maintenance too, oils and filters are the best thing you can do to keep the engine running good.

re-gapped the plugs and balanced the carbs on my motorbike over winter and it's amazing the difference little maintenance things like that can help the general running of any vehicle, obviously the car doesn't have carbs but you know what I mean  :grin:

Chris

Cheers Chris I must admit im glad i dont need to fork out on a clutch kit just yet after pricing the sachs one from awsome  :surprised: and yes mate you are totally right again, the maintenance parts getting sorted definitly makes your car...or bike :grin: run better IMHO and gives you that piece of mind or even a little placebo effect that its improved. I assume you set your carbs up different every summer/winter...gotta love oldschool carbs  :happy2:

Offline ChrisGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2016, 06:56:34 pm »
Haha, yeah clutch is not the cheapest to buy and then if you don't replace it yourself then it's at least a few hours labour from a garage.

Don't use my bike much over the winter months, it's more of a toy for me so just strip it, clean it, maintenance, mods etc over winter.

Chris

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2017, 10:34:52 pm »
Hi folks not put an update up in a while been working away so thought it was about time.

I decided to change my H&R springs for a set of H&R coilovers...just had the itch always had all my cars coilovered and the springs although excellent just didnt cut it for me tbh...stance wise that is. Anyway I fitted them the other day and took some pics. Dropping the front another 5mm tmoro and getting my 4 wheel geometry sorted to finish the setup.

Sorry for the pic heavy post folks.