Make a donation

Author Topic: My Black 3 Door Manual ED30 No2297  (Read 34709 times)

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
Re: My Black 3 Door Manual ED30 No2297
« Reply #75 on: December 08, 2018, 01:55:29 pm »
I agree, there's no point going in there and just changing the tensioner!   Check your phase angle again in 6 months or so.  Mine was also -1KW after new parts, but it drifted to -3KW after a few thousand miles.  It hasn't affected the performance or noise though.  You can never get it bang on 0KW due to the designed-in chain link 'hunting'.  It's always slightly off on purpose to make sure the chain link and sprocket tooth wear is even, hence why you need to turn the engine about 50 times to get the copper links to line up again!  +3KW to -3KW is in the TDC dwell zone, so nothing to worry about, plus as you say, the VVT phaser will tweak things as necessary.

Some very healthy numbers there mate  :happy2:  I was up there at one point but have gone back to Mr Chilled Revo Stage 1  :grin:  It would be interesting to see if you get the same numbers after 500 miles.  The ECU always adapts down.  After a fresh map upload, or after pulling the battery, everything is the best it can be......and then after some miles the ECU pulls it back for lifespan.  Annoying.  I never got quite those numbers though.  410lbft torque but only 350ish hp.  Stock exhaust and intake though.  TBH I found it a pain in the arse as it's a daily car.  It's much more useable on the road with less grunt  :grin:  One wheel peels were tedious. Spin doesn't win.  I've found the car is much faster point-to-point on my local roads with top notch coil overs and modest power  :smiley:

I had the linear throttle and hated it personally.  I much prefer the stock throttle mapping, but each to our own  :happy2:  Glad you're happy though and did you ever sort the misfiring problems?  I think you're on the slippery slope now.  TTE420 and a diff for you next  :grin:

I also pulled the torque back because running 400+ torque on stock BYDs can crack the ring lands.  Maybe Shoduchi can confirm, but I think the BYD is not as strong as the CDL.  Having said that, even CDLs bite the dust running those numbers over a long period.  Not trying to put a downer on your good times, but if yours isn't a daily, it's less of a risk  :happy2:

Cheers mate :happy2: I wasnt sure about the linear throttle map before hand but it makes such a massive difference to the usability of the car its night and day mainly in the wet (how long did you drive with the linear map and was it custom or revo cos i genuinly cannot see past it now?), like i said the APR was far too aggressive and didnt give you enough wiggle room before spinning up the wheels which is useless in wet weather conditions where as this map has much more torque which is usable and can be utilised much more efficiciently without having to sacrifice the power. I was going down the Wavetrack route before this but im saving the cash now for other things tbh....not that it compares to a diff but it has made sucha usable difference I can hold off a while longer.

I have a standard back box but i do have the VWR intake so it doesnt feel as choked as it did on the standard intake tbh and the noise is controllable...not a fan of open intakes. I agree about the coilovers, I dont run ohlins but I do run H&R V2s which are height and dampening adjust...not too bad defo do the trick and not some cheapish APs or anything...quite fancy Ohlins just cant justify it now due to how much ive already sunk into the car over the years...if it was 3 years ago and they went lower I probably wld have tbh love the idea of them but they are probs a 3rd the price of the car now lol.

Im getting deployed all over the place these days so its hard to get a good stint with the car its a shame hence why I do a lot(maintenance/mods) in a oner whenever I can...was considering the tte420 but probably pointless with standard BB and its all the extra bits needed to get it running...mainly LPFP etc. Ive got the RS4 valve fitted already but apparently u really need the 165 bar valve and Im not sticking a TTRS pump in as the fuel level being wrong wld do my head in and the only one I wld consider wld be the APR solution which is a bit expensive but wld be my only option.

Yeah the miss was a combo of dodgy packs..kept swappjng with my other cylinders then my mates "genuine" Audi ones....which he failed to mention he had never changed so his where just as bad as mine lol. Got new ones in and new plugs along with yet another oil and filter change(second full change in 2 months ) and all is well :happy2:....after comparing the state of my cams etc to his S3s when doing our timing chain and tensioner swaps it shows what a difference good maintenance and oil changes makes....Im OCD with maintenance and change the oil A LOT and mjne was still lovely and golden inside(the cams that is)....his were black as fck even with him doing maybe 2 yearly changes...so he says anyway :wink:

Got the car MOT'd yesterday and sailed through yet again without a single advisory happy days.....still not got my new wings on though waiting for better weather now and its going in for a full hit. Crazy because i considered selling it not that long ago but cant bring myself to do it  :signLOL:

I ran the linear pedal for about 18 months with a custom map.  To me it felt a bit flat pulling away from traffic lights, and it didn't really come alive until 3000rpm.  With the stock pedal map, there's a very noticable kick in acceleration at 2300ish rpm when the turbo wakes up.  That initial punch seemed to go with the linear pedal.  I do get it though, with 400 odd torques, you do need to reign it in a bit because the tyres light up instantly at 3000rpm when the turbo peaks  :grin:  I'm glad it works for you though mate, which is more important than anyone else's opinions  :happy2:   My car is a daily, so I really do notice any reduction in low rpm grunt!

Yeah the VWR intake works well as an induction kit, certainly better than the Revo one I tried, just a shame it fits like an arse!  I may revisit some kind of hybrid intake using that cone in the future but for now, the restrictive stock one is OK for my commuting needs  :grin:

The Ohlins are very nice.  Are they £1000+ better than other coilovers?  Hmmmm, hard to say, but they certainly make the car feel great in the corners  :smiley:  Really good ride quality as well.  I've currently got them on the minimum damper settings to help with cold weather traction, and the car still sticks like a leech!!

Deployed?  Are you in the forces buddy?  My Dad was.....he fixed tanks, what an awesome job!  I bought a TTE420 but sold it on because it would be too much for my local roads.  It's insanely busy on the roads down south.  Most dual carriageways average about 50mph.....too many HGVs and pensioners  :doh:   400+ hp would just be a waste because I can't use it.  You can't use the TTRS pump in FWD cars reliably.  Yeah people try it, but eventually it will burn out the pump controller.  APR's solution is stupid money, but probably the most robust solution out there.  You can get drop-ins like the DW65 but you will get surging below 1/4 tank.  There isn't an easy, cheap and reliable upgrade unfortunately!

Hurrah, glad you got the misfires sorted!  Sounds like your mate's S3 was on long life?  Mine is also bright aluminium coloured under the cam cover.......you can have all the stamps in the world in your service book, but golden or aluminium colour under the cam cover is the only real indicator of a well looked after engine  :happy2: I think you have a long lasting car there mate  :smiley:

Haha, we all have moments of weakness and think about throwing the towel in, but every time I think that and drive a newer Golf, I think naaah, sod that, the MK5 drives better and keep her  :happy2:

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 1
« Reply #76 on: December 09, 2018, 04:03:07 pm »
@Pudding cheers yeah I kind of get what your saying but I genuinly dont feel any loss lower down if i dont want to as the aggression with the throttle determies it...if i want it to behave like before i just need to sink the pedal quicker and it will light up at the same lower revs if desired...i think thats where the throttle mapping comes in...if i feed it then yeah like u said its a bit more limp at the same revs however if i apply it quicker and fuller the throttle reacts different and will produce power at the lower revs.....really hard go explain but you know what i mean :thinking: lol. Nicky has mapped it well put it that way..did take a bit of getting used to.

Aye mate electrical engineer for mainly marine sytems tho so no tanks lol. Aye its getting worse up here as well for traffic police tbh but defo not as crowded as down south. Im based out Faslane so police etc is swarming up here....some nice roads tho by Loch Lomand and Arracher on the route north...amazing for driving if you are ever up here.

Yeah I dunno about the TTE420 just a lot of effort and the car is fast enough for what im using it for now...which is basically a toy that i dnt get time to use so Im considering storing it fully when I get a new car and just playing with it instead of the new car...fancy taking to the ring at one point next year mainly.

Yeah mate still aluminium/gold coloured his S3 was minging so you may be right about long life but hes a mechanic with his own garage so i was shocked at the state of it....im putting it down to him not doing a lot of changes cos his misses uses it and he has a highly tuned A3 20vt about 370bhp he built witha GT30RS unit. He always bangs on about mobile1and says millers nano is tar but i kinda shut him up a bit with that lol.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #77 on: December 14, 2018, 11:51:20 am »
@csrigo  I know what you mean mate.  Press the pedal harder, you get more go.  Don't press it as hard, you get less go, like the old school cable throttles  :happy2:  Maybe my map wasn't as good as yours but so long as you're happy, that's the main thing  :smiley:

Nice one!  Water and electrics always scared me  :grin:  Yes you have some lovely roads up there  :happy2:  Your'e lucky!  Very bland boring roads down here!

:grin:  Yeah I like Mobil 1 as well.  I think it's an age thing.  It's the oil us 40 plusers grew up with and we know it well  :smiley:  It is really good stuff though.  Millers is far from tar lol, but personally I don't think the tungsten disulphide in it gives much of an advantage, other than perhaps making cam followers last a bit longer.  I can't get my head around filling cylinder honing with 'bits' personally, but a lot of folk like it.

I found a reasonably priced TTRS pump solution - https://www.shopdap.com/audi-ttrs-fuel-pump-with-fuel-pump-control-module.html

That would work a treat  :happy2:

TTE420 is a great turbo, very streetable and more power from less boost, so less stress on the turbo  :happy2:   It would mean a new map though, plus the fitting headache.....but that isn't too bad in all honesty.  A little weekend project!

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2018, 12:38:12 pm »
@csrigo  I know what you mean mate.  Press the pedal harder, you get more go.  Don't press it as hard, you get less go, like the old school cable throttles  :happy2:  Maybe my map wasn't as good as yours but so long as you're happy, that's the main thing  :smiley:

Nice one!  Water and electrics always scared me  :grin:  Yes you have some lovely roads up there  :happy2:  Your'e lucky!  Very bland boring roads down here!

:grin:  Yeah I like Mobil 1 as well.  I think it's an age thing.  It's the oil us 40 plusers grew up with and we know it well  :smiley:  It is really good stuff though.  Millers is far from tar lol, but personally I don't think the tungsten disulphide in it gives much of an advantage, other than perhaps making cam followers last a bit longer.  I can't get my head around filling cylinder honing with 'bits' personally, but a lot of folk like it.

I found a reasonably priced TTRS pump solution - https://www.shopdap.com/audi-ttrs-fuel-pump-with-fuel-pump-control-module.html

That would work a treat  :happy2:

TTE420 is a great turbo, very streetable and more power from less boost, so less stress on the turbo  :happy2:   It would mean a new map though, plus the fitting headache.....but that isn't too bad in all honesty.  A little weekend project!

Yeah mate apologies for the low brow explanation lol I knew you would get what I mean. You are right in that if im not engaged with it it can be more limpish for lack of a better word so you really need to want to go...to go...if that makes sense..fck me lol.

Yeah obviously i do a lot of heavy electrical engineering for submarines and surface vessels as you can prob guess...and you wld be shocked how often water and elec mixes on these fckn things...hence why im deployed all over the gaff so to speak lol.

Was actually wanting your opinion on me just fitting a TTE 420 or 480 relatively soon....been thinking due to my turbo making a slight whine...very slight...and quite a bit of surging if loading it up It may just be worth it....problem is that backbox...obviously i dnt want to fit the new turbo to eek more power just now tbh im happy at the current level its mainly because i want a new turbo as that whine is bursting me a bit and ive read the TTE will prevent surging and have lower AITs at the same boost level....from @Shoduchi posts mainly and a few others ive read..

Im basically just wanting people to tell me "aye just go for it"  for justification :signLOL:   the car will go the full hog at one point anyway so dnt want to waste £1200 on a new KO4 when i can spend and extra £1000 for a much better unit...just dnt know how it will react currentlywith my standard back box?

Uch aye fitting isnt an issue i will whip that on in a shift tbh....assuming the fit is good obv which im hoping it wld be....also thghts on the 480 over 420?

Also cheers for the link for the pump...not sure if they ship to the UK and customs cost might make it ona par with the APR option. Im actually looming into the controller problem....I may be able to come up with something at work for this possibly.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 12:43:31 pm by csrigo »

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2018, 04:01:17 pm »
I got my TTE420 in second hand from a fellow Ed. 30 owner. I wouldn't have bought a new one just after buying the LSD, all the parts needed to get it fitted and labour costs. If you have the funds and want more grunt, go for it. It's a good upgrade to a K04 at 370 hp. If you don't want to spend that much on a turbo and you're happy with the current power your car has, consider sending your K04 to the Beach Buggy Turbos to get an anti-surge core: http://0afa09.7.ekm.shop/anti-surge-tfsi-core-188-p.asp

It can make power sooner and go up to 380 hp, like a stock K04. Not sure how much R-Tech would charge for a map tweak to take advantage of the anti-surge core. :smiley:

Before going for the TTE420, I was considering that option if my K04 needed to get repaired. :smiley:

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #80 on: December 16, 2018, 04:33:40 pm »
I wouldn't get too hung up about the standard rear section of your exhaust. From learning lots about these TFSIs over the years it's pretty much solid consensus that the downpipe and cat is massively more of a bottleneck to flow than the rear section. Yes, in an ideal world you'd have a full system with shiny tailpipes or even the clever valved rear section of a BCS Powervalve, but in terms of raw tuning it's the downpipe that's crucial. If I had to guess, I'd say 90% of the restriction is the downpipe and cat. And I'd also take a punt and say that the rear section only becomes a genuine bottleneck in a big turbo situation, chasing big numbers.

Good shout from Shoduchi on the BBT anti-surge turbos! Dan Smith on here had one of their anti-surge k04s mapped by R-Tech - the graph is knocking about on here somewhere. Made great peak power as you'd expect, but the really impressive thing was the torque curve. It came in noticeably sooner than you'd see on a typical standard k04 - almost in k03 territory - then ramped up solidly without that telltale dip where a mapper is forced to tune around surge on a standard k04. I can imagine it was f***ing glorious to drive. Of course with a true hybrid built for peak power you would lose some of that ability to spool from lower revs.

So really it boils down to envisaging your end goal in terms of tuning. Do you need 400+ bhp & torque and all the associated costs with fuelling and wear? Or would a tweaked k04 allowing a balanced, reponsive power delivery be more your thing? It's good to remember that these hybrids like the TTE420/480 are indeed capable of big peak numbers, but there's a lot to be said for creating a build where there's headroom in the hardware and also where the power, brakes and suspension are sensibly balanced and cohesive.

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2019, 12:30:59 am »
I got my TTE420 in second hand from a fellow Ed. 30 owner. I wouldn't have bought a new one just after buying the LSD, all the parts needed to get it fitted and labour costs. If you have the funds and want more grunt, go for it. It's a good upgrade to a K04 at 370 hp. If you don't want to spend that much on a turbo and you're happy with the current power your car has, consider sending your K04 to the Beach Buggy Turbos to get an anti-surge core: http://0afa09.7.ekm.shop/anti-surge-tfsi-core-188-p.asp

It can make power sooner and go up to 380 hp, like a stock K04. Not sure how much R-Tech would charge for a map tweak to take advantage of the anti-surge core. :smiley:

Before going for the TTE420, I was considering that option if my K04 needed to get repaired. :smiley:

Cheers for the response mate ive been hectic as we all probably have been this time of year. Thats good you got your unit 2nd hand that was handy in itself getting the perfect double whammy so to speak...Hybrid Turbo and LSD bet it drives immense :smiley:

My head is up my arse tbh been too busy lately and now the car has that miss at idle again....not even been driving the golf really thought i would keep it stored till it was painted but had some nice (dry/sunny) weather and now this has creeped back up....annoying  :sick:. I think im going for the core replacement for now purely for cost as i dont have the lpfp sorted yet and im really not wanting the TTRS one if it messes up with the fuel guage etc and also im thinking firing in 4 new injectors whilst the mani is off and be done with it....so it all adds up....unsure if the new core has to be mapped to run or just remapped to be optimum....Rtech is 6 hours away from me :doh:

I have a WMI kit i got from a mate im considering installing whilst doing the injectors....now this is mainly to keep the valves clean after all my hard work cleaning them as i dont fancy a catch can kit...too many issues....thoughts?....and im not planning mapping it in to ring the neck out the timing just yet....notice any gains without doing this?

Too much as always....just when i thought i had the maintenace all square this happens...which means more money rectifying before you can get back to spending on the good stuff...standard.

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2019, 12:49:40 am »
I wouldn't get too hung up about the standard rear section of your exhaust. From learning lots about these TFSIs over the years it's pretty much solid consensus that the downpipe and cat is massively more of a bottleneck to flow than the rear section. Yes, in an ideal world you'd have a full system with shiny tailpipes or even the clever valved rear section of a BCS Powervalve, but in terms of raw tuning it's the downpipe that's crucial. If I had to guess, I'd say 90% of the restriction is the downpipe and cat. And I'd also take a punt and say that the rear section only becomes a genuine bottleneck in a big turbo situation, chasing big numbers.

Good shout from Shoduchi on the BBT anti-surge turbos! Dan Smith on here had one of their anti-surge k04s mapped by R-Tech - the graph is knocking about on here somewhere. Made great peak power as you'd expect, but the really impressive thing was the torque curve. It came in noticeably sooner than you'd see on a typical standard k04 - almost in k03 territory - then ramped up solidly without that telltale dip where a mapper is forced to tune around surge on a standard k04. I can imagine it was f***ing glorious to drive. Of course with a true hybrid built for peak power you would lose some of that ability to spool from lower revs.

So really it boils down to envisaging your end goal in terms of tuning. Do you need 400+ bhp & torque and all the associated costs with fuelling and wear? Or would a tweaked k04 allowing a balanced, reponsive power delivery be more your thing? It's good to remember that these hybrids like the TTE420/480 are indeed capable of big peak numbers, but there's a lot to be said for creating a build where there's headroom in the hardware and also where the power, brakes and suspension are sensibly balanced and cohesive.

Cheers for the reply mate some good points. Yeah i totally agree the DP and sports cat/decat is the most important which i ve sorted...cant remember if its 200 or 100 cell tbh...Nicky Gower who mapped the car said the standard back section is choking it however i did tell him i wasnt down there to chase numbers just wanted it running sweet but maybe he thought he had to give a reason for it not making more than it did or something....even tho i was more than happy with what it made lol who knows.

I think you make a great point about the core which is the way ive went. Dunno about the mapping scenario yet need to speak to Nicky but im busy sorting other niggly things just now before i go full hog hybrid etc. Which is going to require the lpfp and il need to upgrade from my RS4 fprv for a 165b one which is annoying(all that can wait)....im ocd with the car and need it running perfect before i upgrade etc....the core is different thats a must its the turbo whine thats made me stop driving the golf as much as well tbh lol so it needs doing asap.

Some nice weather tmoro so il do some testing with vcds and try and get a few recent pics of the car up since i dnt have any with its current coilover stance and geometry setup with the DB9 brakes fitted etc. Long overdue an updated mod list.

Offline RBS

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 46
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2019, 10:28:03 pm »
Great job! :happy2:
Looks mint :wink:

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2019, 07:35:38 am »
Not posted in forever been working away so I'm back and got some dark thoughts....

I may put the golf up for sale   :surprised:

A quick update on the golf tho..

Running amazing and sorted a few niggly issues before I left. I also fitted my quaife LSD which has changed the dynamics of the car to a certain degree....I wouldn't say transformed like some people do but its it's definitely quicker in some conditions.

Anyway I'm aiming to get some new pics up and sticking them up here with a full updated list of mods and servicing/maintenance I've done to see if there is any interest....not sure I'm selling it yet dont think I'm sold on parting ways until I make a decision on what new car I'm getting.

Some new pics hopefully later today if the crappy Scottish weather gives me a break

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2019, 09:40:45 am »
Could you expand on how you feel about the Quaiffe?

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2019, 11:25:58 am »
Could you expand on how you feel about the Quaiffe?

No worries mate I will try and write a basic review on the Quaife diff for me personally... I will try split it into different driving scenarios and conditions with a brief reminder of my current setup:

Car running fairly low on H&R coilovers...damping adjusted to 'medium' setting
Anti lift kit
Super pro adjustable ball joints
Michelin PS4's all round
Camber at about -1.52 front so nothing crazy....rear I can't remember..again not insane.
Car has 350bhp and 400lb ft (R-Tech) stage 2+ ...all usual 2+ mods plus helix clutch etc

Dry conditions in a straight line - Hmm does put power down slightly better and torque steer is reduced significantly but it's not like what some people claim and removes it completely. I think it is a bit of placebo sometimes and I'm just adjusting my throttle control better...it may help in this regard tho.

Wet conditions in a straight line - Will still spin up fairly easily and sometimes I do feel it helps and sometimes I feel it makes no significant difference...I think it just comes down to the old throttle control so I would say no major change in this scenario imo....I think some people think this will make it grip and put down straight line power like a 4wd...it won't.

Dry conditions cornering - This is where you notice the significant difference. It will 'pull' you round the corner at a greater speed and at much tighter angles plus it does act much much better if the road has a camber to it. Again it's not like a 4wd system but you can definitely apply power quicker when exiting a bend and it grips massively better with some steering angle...this helps you put power down insanely better than in a straight line.

Wet conditions cornering - Hmm this is a bit of a touchy one tbh...for my current setup anyway. The car will put power down better and give a bit more grip yes definitely....however...when you break traction during Corning and apply power it will shoot you off with some significant under steer like you wouldn't believe...now I thought this may have been me getting carried away a little however when I've tried it under controlled situations and it can be very wild...it will push you out dramatically with both wheels spinning together. I think on a track with more camber it would be amazing however it's a bit grabby and loose under these dodgy broken public roads.

I am Impressed with the diff however it is nowhere near night and day some people believe imo...that's maybe a bit harsh as it does make a massive difference but you have to be careful with it. Tbh I haven't had a long enough go with the car as soon as it was fitted I was deployed and the weather's not been to great whenever I've had the chance to try it properly.

I sound really negative about it but it does make a big difference. Sorry for the longish review and again only my current opinion which may change in the upcoming weeks after I've used the car more.

Offline colesey

• Thank You
  • -Given: 6
  • -Receive: 89
« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2019, 11:33:23 am »
Thanks for sharing in so much detail!

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2019, 03:31:02 pm »
Yep, my findings also.  Subtle at best.  You don't even know it's there half the time.

Out of interest, I've never experienced 'both wheels spinning together' with a Quaife.  It still does a one wheel peel when one axle loses all grip.  That's where the Wavetrac differs, and why it exists in the first place......because the Quaife is crap in zero load conditions.  You get that behaviour as standard :grin:

To be honest, tyres are so good these days, a Quaife on a road car just isn't worth the expense.  It's better to put a diff in you can actually feel, like the road spec Gripper or something.

As you say, it's all about throttle modulation......a much cheaper form of traction control!

Offline csrigo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2021, 12:32:10 am »
Hi folks thought I would put up a little update since I've not been on this in while.

The wee Mk5 is still amazing and I love it. Its been kept aside as I got a new car a year or so ago....black 3dr 7.5 Golf R DSG. I have been spending quite a bit of time on that as its mint and took me months to find the one I was after....3 door, black and DSG with low miles....anyway I'm on the VWROC forum with it as well if you want to have look at my build and my upgrades(same user name)..taken it from standard to stage 2 APR at 402bhp.....amazing daily...effortless. Have a look on the site if interested.

Anyway back to the Eddy.

Since we have lockkdown central and im working from home a lot I decided to give the MK5 some serious overdue love. Done my tensioner and chain...was a pain in the arse but got there in the end.

I've decided to switch my coilovers up I fitted them 4 years ago and felt it was time for some upgrades so removed the H&R twin tubes and fitted KW V3s as I also fitted them to the R and they are immense the H&Rs dont compare.

Got new vibratechnics mounts all round and whitline anti rollbars front and rear with adjustable links. Also got a deadset subframe kit.

I've just bought a used TTE420 with only 3k on it from a guy I know S3 that hit a deer....luckily he was breaking the car. This isn't fitted yet but will be going on in the coming months. Got a TTRS lpfp and AKS 175bar valve as well to suit.

Looking to have everything fitted up in the next few months ready for mapping. Currently at stage2+ 350bhp and 400ftlbs but looking for more bhp and a little more torque...within the limits of the Helix organic utch naturally.

Dont have photobucket anymore so can't load any pics...any suggestions?

I'll get some decent pics up soon of everything. Sorry for the epic post.

Weirdly to this day I still love driving the eddy more as its a rarity I use it and well more engaging.