Make a donation

Author Topic: Mircofibre / Foam  (Read 1665 times)

Offline Johnny_tro

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 12
Mircofibre / Foam
« on: May 19, 2016, 09:56:41 pm »
Is there much difference between these two cutting pads? what do you guys think is best?
'VANDALISED' MK5 GT :( - RNS510 H, Bluetooth Armrest, MDI, 50gb hard drive, I can't park  sensors, Cruise Control, Highline Display, MFSW, Heated Seats, Remote Aux Heating System (Heats and Vents) Winter Pack, Heated & Folding Mirrors, Puddle Lights, Xenons, Headlamp Washers, Heated Washers, Auto lights and wipers, LED's, GTI brakes,, black R32 roof lining, Scirocco Rear View, Rear Footwell Lights

Offline ChrisGT

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 39
  • -Receive: 40
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,106577.0.html
Re: Mircofibre / Foam
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 11:28:35 pm »
Both good but for different things.

I use the megs cutting microfiber pads for defect removal etc and refine the paint with foam pads as I found the finishing microfiber pads often left a bit of marring. Have also used the rupes microfiber pads which were great and worked well with the rupes polisher but found the megs pads worked well with several machines and with a wider variety of compunds/polishes.

Also depends what kind of compound or polish you're using and what kind of defect you're removing and finish you're wanting.

I've used this combination with Megs g220v2 and rupes DA's.

If using the microfiber pads I'd say it's almost essential to have compressed air to blow them out with as this really helps free up the fibres again. I usually use this with a combination of a nail scrubbing brush to keep the fibers active between passes and sets.  :happy2:

Chris
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 11:40:34 pm by ChrisGT »
It wouldn't be fun if it was easy, I just wish it wasn't this much fun.