Make a donation

Author Topic: Tdi sleeper  (Read 13848 times)

Offline JGTTDI

• Taking part
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 3
Re: Grey gttdi 250bhp
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2017, 09:21:46 pm »
Nice, this much be loads of fun. I had a PD130 mk4 mapped to just over 180bhp and that felt nippy enough. The torque must be addictive!

Looking forward to the future plans.  :happy2:

Offline Joelewis55

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 0
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2017, 09:30:45 pm »
Not a lot has happened with the golf recently, mapping couldn't get done due to injector issues, so I replaced faulty injectors and fault was still present, so need to change the loom and recheck injector deviation.

I have purchased a tt rear axle which I intend to clean up, re paint and bolt on. This will make my rear end 30mm wider. And mine is getting pretty rusty, as with a lot of others I've seen!
Been looking at getting either polar fis and a scirocco instrument cluster, which I'm leaning toward atm, or a p3 gauge. Any information or advise with either would be greatly appreciated.
I have done a couple of things though! Made myself a little inlet scoop, Im thinking of using this as a mould for a carbon fibre model.

And I saved my self some money by cleaning my wheels with some proper products, plus some hard work and saved my self needing a refurb, on 2 of them at least.. and got some Bridgestone drive guard tyres, not sure I like them as much as I liked the previous Bridgestone run flats though.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 10:17:42 pm by Joelewis55 »

Offline Joelewis55

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2018, 08:15:36 pm »
So just going to update this as it's been a while and there's a few new bits.
Engine bay now has a few changes, vwr filter fitted, Bentley filler cap, odyssey pc1100

Also did a few service bits and fitted mk7 clubsport discs with red stuff pads (got given the pads)

Did a 3000 mile road trip around Europe and cooked my brakes round the ring that's the main reason for trying a different brake setup. These are a lot better vented and lighter too.

The front springs are from AST suspension and only drop the front around 15mm, the rear springs are audi TT springs, the ride height and spring rate are a pretty good match, although shocks would improve handling I'd imagine.

I also upgraded the rear brakes to the ones I had off the TT rear axle I bought a a while ago, I think they are similar size to gti rears. This was because I had a siezed standard caliper. Although no pictures of the rears, I will be changing the brake fluid for high temperatures dot 4 soon.
Here's some nurburg pictures

And stelvio pass

We went end of may and the snow hadn't been cleared off the road all the way to the top which was a shame but we had to go that time of year to see Worthersee.
I've also fitted a hard pipe kit as I kept having issues with the standard pipe work.
Fitted high line clocks a while ago in preparation for polar fis, which I've recently fitted along with a multi function steering wheel.
So basically it's still a bad ass sleeper and I still love it.
I'll add some more pictures soon!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 08:25:51 pm by Joelewis55 »

Offline teo_parvu

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 30
  • -Receive: 57
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,96115.msg955433.html#new
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2018, 08:27:50 pm »
Nice trip and pictures.   :congrats:
I believe the Mk7 clubsport discs will have a lot more cooling, from the pictures i see some directional vanes. They make a lot of difference.  :happy2:

Offline Joelewis55

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2018, 09:15:08 pm »
Just going to add a full spec list here as I think I've missed some stuff out;

Engine:
APR carbon airbox
Gtb1756 turbo mounted in a pd170 manifold and re-drilled
TTS alloy intercooler
Darkside 2.5" de-cat downpipe
Custom stainless single silenced hidden centre exit 2.5" exhaust
Darkside billet single mass flywheel and sachs racing clutch
Creation motorsport hard pipe kit
Darkside intake elbow
Darkside alloy turbo intake pipe powder coated black
Darkside egr delete
Narco remap 250bhp 323lb/ft safe map

Chassis:
TTS front brake calipers Mk7 clubsport discs Ebc red stuff pads
Ast -15mm front springs
Rs3 front top mounts
Passat alloy front lower arms with powerflex ALK and camber adjust front bushes
TT rear calipers with genuine discs and pads
TT rear springs
TT rear alloy hubs (not fitted yet)
Passat r36 rear anti roll bar
Centre chassis/tunnel brace
Michelin ps4 front tyres
Bridgestone run flat rear tyres

interior
Kenwood dnx525dab
Multi function steering wheel
Highline clocks
Polar fis
Black head lining
Mk6 golf r gear knob

other
Odyssey extreme pc1100 battery
Aircon removed fully

exterior
Ed30 style colour matched rear bumper without exhaust cut out
Genuine vw shark fin aerial
Small plate on the front with smoothed centre part of grill
Pressed plate rear
Standard stealthyness  :evilgrin:

« Last Edit: May 19, 2019, 09:55:49 pm by Joelewis55 »

Offline Joelewis55

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2019, 10:11:33 pm »
Added an APR carbon intake today and made some adjustments to some of the boost pipes. Also made a little carbon 'shield' next to the tandem pump as it gets fairly hot. Think I'll be wrapping the inlet pipe with heat wrap too eventually.
After monitoring temperatures on my dash with polar fis, the intake temp used to sit 2 degrees c above ambient, and whilst the hammer was down it would raise obviously, but my main concern was sitting in traffic/stationary the inlet temps would creep up really high!
I actually had to change the radiator top pipe as the boxes are made for tfsi.

Next I'll be adding a btcc front intercooler scoop. And I have a vibra technics dog bone mount bush to go in. Oh and some body work due to corrosion.