All Things Mk7 R and GTI > MK7 Modifications & Technical Area

DTUK Remap

(1/2) > >>

Boothy:
Morning.

Has anybody on here had the DTUK Remap for the GTD? I'm thinking of ordering it this week but I can't seem to find a dyno graph for it and I'm really wanting something with more power but in a smooth, deliverable manner. Not something that's just gonna spin the wheels instantly.

Thanks, Chris

GrayMK5GTI:
Is it a remap or a tuning box?

rdfcpete:
@Boothy @GrayMK5GTI It's a tuning box in real terms, indeed.

Not a customisable map like perhaps you want, given your requirements Boothy. The Pedal box might help you meter the power a bit better but even then, 500 torques through the front wheels with just an electronic diff probably still gives a traction-free experience when pressing hard  :wink:

A drop and some Michelin PSS helped my front end traction as I'm just short of 230ps/480nm on my 2.0 TDI, but you still won't get the seamless pullaway if you plant it in first gear regardless of map, naturally.

Boothy:
Cheers. I think I'm just gonna go for it one of their tuning boxes. Spoke to them yesterday and had a look at the dyno graph for the new CRD3 system which makes it a bit smoother on power delivery.
 Obviously the added power is gonna spin the front wheels. I just don't want to fart on the loud pedal and it be an instant, unusable whomp of boost.
 I can always sell it back on if I hate it and apparently there is a choice of three maps on it anyway. One of them should be suitable.

rdfcpete:

--- Quote from: Boothy on July 17, 2016, 04:50:50 pm ---Cheers. I think I'm just gonna go for it one of their tuning boxes. Spoke to them yesterday and had a look at the dyno graph for the new CRD3 system which makes it a bit smoother on power delivery.
 Obviously the added power is gonna spin the front wheels. I just don't want to fart on the loud pedal and it be an instant, unusable whomp of boost.
 I can always sell it back on if I hate it and apparently there is a choice of three maps on it anyway. One of them should be suitable.

--- End quote ---

There'll always be a bit of turbo lag depending on gearing and driving habbits, but the pedal box may well go some way to sorting that out. You might redeem it's value a bit more on a manual perhaps over the DSG, particularly if you get the DSG mapped (not sure what you've got) which I would personally do if you were mapping the engine. Dunno how DSG maps work with tuning boxes though, sorry chap.

Yeah you should find a compromise with the different options - people reckonned' they roaded around 240ps and nearly 500nm with the DTUK setup, so it should 'feel' a good 35% more power, for sure.

I'd personally go Revo or something more VAG TDI specific, but up to you of course  :happy2:

Get some Pilot Super Sports anyway, just cause they're awesome and will help out of corners over stock tyres  :rolleye:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version