Make a donation

Author Topic: GTI stage 2+ is it really worth it ?  (Read 20945 times)

Offline danishmkvgti

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 243
  • -Receive: 154
    • Email
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,7823.0.html
Re: GTI stage 2+ is it really worth it ?
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 05:24:02 pm »
Depending on the mods you already have on your car, why not buy a K04 and injectors??
I went from stock to K04 and never looked back, K04 FTW  :love:

Over the top mod list ;o)

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
  • -Given: 64
  • -Receive: 48
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2010, 05:59:59 pm »
 :happy2:  :congrats: some good info there guys, cheers VRSy :happy2:

the k04 upgrade is a bit further than i fancied going TBH i think im just going to go stage 1 cat back  Now (for the volume)
and possibly get a wee passenger ride in a stage 2 or + or even a wee race with one to see if it really worth the upgrade,
I said id wait at least a year till i had the remap as ive still go 23months warrenty remaining :sad1: but thats not going to happen :evilgrin:
MK5 EDITION 30 - CW - REVO S2+ - GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

MK7 GTI - ARRIVING DECEMBER

MK2 GTI - RB - 1.8T - GARAGE QUEEN

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
  • -Given: 62
  • -Receive: 113
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2010, 06:10:56 pm »
I wouldnt bother with the cat back just yet. When i fitted my 3" Downpipe (whilst retaining the standard cat back) it made a much meatier sound as well as providing the extra oomph and the possibility of using a stage 2 map.

Miltek cat backs are circa £500, stage 1 Revo remap is £500. So a grand for 40hp/60Ibft gain.
or
get a pipewerx 3" Downpipe £450 and skip the stage 1 remap and get a revo stage 2 remap £550 and get a 50-60Hp/90Ibft gain for £1000.

plus you'll still get a meatier sound from the exhaust, I never had my cat back fitted unil after i had my HPFP and Stage 2+ installed.  

you could even get the same perfomance gain with a cheaper remap £399 will get you the stage 2 shark perfomance which made neigh on the same figures on JKMs dyno as the REVO stage 2 cars do. 260hp/290Ibft, taking into account you have the standard intake and cat back, you would still be looking at 25-255hp for a total price of £850

not that im trying to tempt you to get more power, lol. but id def skip the stage 1 route and go straight to stage 2

or are you stage 1 already??
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 06:13:26 pm by vRSy »

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 06:44:27 pm »
My car has got all the bits and bobs chassis / looks wise ready to go on, although its completly standard in the power stakes, about 10mins ago i just bought a blueflame cat back from DC performance, to finish off the looks & sound

Ive no map yet but my mind is made up on REVO, i spoke to jkm at 5 o clock thinking that i could get away with a downpipe and evoms for stage 2 map but they didnt recommend it for some reason  ?? they said that they would need to back down the settings and that i should save up for the cat ??

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 06:47:04 pm »
^^^
Thats because without a HPFP you will be getting into fuel cut territory with and intake and stage 2.

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 06:51:28 pm »
Carl (mater) ran his car @ REVO stage 2 without the down pipe fitted. he did have more mods though namely: Evoms, miltek cat back, autotech HPFP, S3 Intercooler, and made 260Hp 300Ibft iirc,  so you'll still make a huge power gain.

Id reccomend getting the SPS + as well then when you get the downpipe and intake you can phone up JKM and get advice as to what setting to set your car to

Offline joesgti

• Thank You
  • -Given: 8
  • -Receive: 35
  • Eat my sick, Eat my sick.
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2010, 07:01:54 pm »
i think il be going stage 2+ REVO in summer at inters if they have any offers on,  :party:

If you need any games consoles or games, accessories, etc etc, PM me for my best price,

Offline vRS Carl

• Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2010, 07:54:37 pm »
I indeed did have Stage 2 without the downpipe.

I started to get fuel cuts though so got the Autotech HPFP.

My mods at REVO stage 2 were:

EVOMS
HPFP
Neuspeed Turbo Outlet Pipe
Miltek CBE
S3 Intercooler
Relocated DV.

With all that I got 257bhp and 302lb/ft on JKM's rollers

HTH

Carl :happy2: 

Offline Poppa Dom

• Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 40
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2010, 08:04:06 pm »
And I can most certainly vouch for JKM - Jim, Kate and Keith are top notch, very knowledgeable and great service too.  :happy2: You will get nothing but good, sound and honest advice from them.

Offline bacillus

• Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 450
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2010, 08:13:17 pm »
i think il be going stage 2+ REVO in summer at inters if they have any offers on,  :party:

Have you got your twintake installed now Joe?
Without traction power is nothing!

Offline gobbleplease

• Thank You
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 08:20:08 pm »
I indeed did have Stage 2 without the downpipe.

I started to get fuel cuts though so got the Autotech HPFP.

My mods at REVO stage 2 were:

EVOMS
HPFP
Neuspeed Turbo Outlet Pipe
Miltek CBE
S3 Intercooler
Relocated DV.

With all that I got 257bhp and 302lb/ft on JKM's rollers

HTH

Carl :happy2: 

Was there any problems with the running with out the cat or downpipe ? would the car run better if i just bought the downpipe and standard cat with the map, what my plan was

1)blueflame cat back and downpipe £470
2)revo stage 2 or + remap £600
3)CAI evoms or ITG £320
4)HPFP £300

Would this work, with decent power, i was looking at roughly the same figs as you as my aim ( this was before i even seen your fgures ) 260 bhp 300lbft. I will stop modding when this is achieved :smiley:

Offline RedRobin

• Thank You
  • -Given: 379
  • -Receive: 442
  • BIALI Motorsport's Chief Horn Blower
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2010, 08:22:54 pm »
^^^
Thats because without a HPFP you will be getting into fuel cut territory with and intake and stage 2.

....With a Revo you/JKM can adjust the settings so that you aren't forced into buying a HPFP. I'm on Revo2 and Milltek TBE but with oem FP, also with Forge Twintake, and no problems. I don't want to go to Revo2+ and make everything work harder.

On facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robin.procter.50

Throbbin' Red Mk5 GTI DSG with too many mods to list - Have Fun but Safe Journeys!

Offline tony_danza

• Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 112
  • The voice of objective reason, but mine's best.
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2010, 08:29:27 pm »
Mine's dialled likewise Robin - but I guess I'm going to try it and see what difference it makes, for £250-ish I can justify running an experiment, the follower wants changing soon anyway.

I don't intend to make mine work harder, just remove that niggling knowledge that the OEM pump is near the limit.
Sideways yo!

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010, 08:33:53 pm »
Was there any problems with the running with out the cat or downpipe ? would the car run better if i just bought the downpipe and standard cat with the map, what my plan was
1)blueflame cat back and downpipe £470
2)revo stage 2 or + remap £600
3)CAI evoms or ITG £320
4)HPFP £300
Would this work, with decent power,

1) blueflame downpiipe and cat back for £470 sounds to good to be true unless second hand. a whole system is circa £900 normally. The downpipe is the main think on the stage 2 as it has the perfomance cat.
with all your mods you have planned you are looking at 270-280bhp/320IBft.

id say you really need to add an intercooler to your list. Im running less boost than i could for that pure reason. More boost =more heat which is not good.  

Offline Janner_Sy

• Thank You
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010, 08:40:15 pm »
Mine's dialled likewise Robin - but I guess I'm going to try it and see what difference it makes, for £250-ish I can justify running an experiment, the follower wants changing soon anyway.

I don't intend to make mine work harder, just remove that niggling knowledge that the OEM pump is near the limit.

you'll love it, the mid range is much improved. im a lazy driver now, i make progress when i drive but very rarely break 4.5k, joys of having oodles of mid range available, so im probably streesing itout less than i was before when i had to rev her harder to get the same results.

I changed my cam follower @ 22k, absolutely nothing wrong with it at all. Still, its good to know its been changed. 

@TD
are you revo?? if so will you be getting before and after dyno plots. be good to see if they have sorted it out after the issues carl had going stage 2+. for some reason his when logged and driven on road perfomaed exactly as it should have, yet when on the dyno it held back.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 08:46:09 pm by vRSy »