Make a donation

Author Topic: Toureg and Q7 calipers  (Read 24978 times)

Offline r5gtt

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
Re: Toureg and Q7 calipers
« Reply #60 on: August 18, 2016, 06:05:24 pm »
That's useful info mate, thanks for sharing.

The way things are going for my car at the minute I simply don't have the budget for a BBK, even if I could get it to fit.

I'm running 270bhp, at this rate I will be for a while, so like you say the mk7 R option is probably best for that kind of power.

@R5GTT I think your plan of 15mm is probably about right with your wheels. They would then poke about 2mm more than my BBS; with Eibach being a similar drop to my H&R I'd confidently say you'll avoid any arch fouling.
I'm hoping you're right @AJP as I would like decent braking as the brakes are appalling on the oem set up even with 200 horses.

I agree!

I thought it was my driving at first but surely I can drive that hard in such a short space of time. The stock brake dont fill me with confidence at all.

I'll test fit the caliper once I order my spacer to give you an idea as we have simular sized  alloys
need you to do it today so I can get mine  :grin:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #61 on: August 18, 2016, 06:13:07 pm »
How much for the set @Stupots and are your wheels curved inward?.

I'll have to be sure this is what I'm doing; getting rid and going R/R32 route, as I've only had 24 hours to come to terms ;) I won't be giving them away, but am not looking to maximise profit or anything. It would be ballpark £650-700 inc delivery for everything, not interested in splitting, they are all decent quality parts that I've sourced to put this kit together. The calipers are dated Oct 2012 from a 2013 vehicle, so won't need a refurb if you're happy with the colour.

Yes, I guess my wheels do curve inwards (in the center).

That's pretty good news @Shoduchi If I do decide to shave them, I'd probably only need 3-5mm spacers, which I'd be happy with. That blue caliper with black wheel combo looks nice!
No worries mate I'm just going to get the calipers I was looking at in Birmingham for £300 and just build up the rest like you have. Cheers  :smiley:

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2016, 09:59:53 am »

The way things are going for my car at the minute I simply don't have the budget for a BBK, even if I could get it to fit.

I'm running 270bhp, at this rate I will be for a while, so like you say the mk7 R option is probably best for that kind of power.

@R5GTT I think your plan of 15mm is probably about right with your wheels. They would then poke about 2mm more than my BBS; with Eibach being a similar drop to my H&R I'd confidently say you'll avoid any arch fouling.
I'm hoping you're right @AJP as I would like decent braking as the brakes are appalling on the oem set up even with 200 horses.

I agree!

I thought it was my driving at first but surely I can drive that hard in such a short space of time. The stock brake dont fill me with confidence at all.

I'll test fit the caliper once I order my spacer to give you an idea as we have simular sized  alloys

Not in thi :confused: :confused:s weather

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2016, 10:00:40 am »

I'll have to be sure this is what I'm doing; getting rid and going R/R32 route, as I've only had 24 hours to come to terms ;) I won't be giving them away, but am not looking to maximise profit or anything. It would be ballpark £650-700 inc delivery for everything, not interested in splitting, they are all decent quality parts that I've sourced to put this kit together. The calipers are dated Oct 2012 from a 2013 vehicle, so won't need a refurb if you're happy with the colour.

That's pretty good news @Shoduchi If I do decide to shave them, I'd probably only need 3-5mm spacers, which I'd be happy with. That blue caliper with black wheel combo looks nice!
No worries mate I'm just going to get the calipers I was looking at in Birmingham for £300 and just build up the rest like you have. Cheers  :smiley:

Get them, I'll send you links for all the parts you'll need :happy2:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2016, 10:17:07 am »

I agree!

Not in thi :confused: :confused:s weather
lol I'm trying to be patient but as ive got a good deal for those 6pots I didn't want to miss out as I'm down Birmingham next week too.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 10:25:02 am by r5gtt »

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2016, 10:19:33 am »

Thanks @bad devotions

I should have read this part  :signLOL: Will get the 6 pots and hopefully order some 15mm spacers and extended bolts too. 50mm bolts?.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2016, 10:24:45 am by r5gtt »

Offline trackep

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2016, 10:46:41 am »
Can you get discs that are a straight fit for this setup? That don't need spacers behind the disc or some kind of spigot ring? Thanks Adam

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #67 on: August 19, 2016, 11:05:51 am »
Can you get discs that are a straight fit for this setup? That don't need spacers behind the disc or some kind of spigot ring? Thanks Adam
No. There's no problem in using spigot rings that I can think of. The discs are secured by the wheel. The spigot rings just make sure that they are perfectly aligned when the bolts are torqued. :confused:

Offline trackep

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
« Reply #68 on: August 19, 2016, 11:24:23 am »
I can get a set of calipers no problem, but can anyone point me in the right direction for the other hardware bits i need? sorry to be a pain. Also is everything ready available for when i need replacement parts? Thanks again Adam

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #69 on: August 19, 2016, 11:56:44 am »
I can get a set of calipers no problem, but can anyone point me in the right direction for the other hardware bits i need? sorry to be a pain. Also is everything ready available for when i need replacement parts? Thanks again Adam
I ordered everything from http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/addiction_motorsport_ltd/m.html:
Vw Golf Mk5 GTI Hub Centric Aluminium Rings 65.1mm to 67mm when using GL450 Disc
VW GOLF MK5 FRONT HEL PERFORMANCE BRAIDED BRAKE LINES TO PORSCHE BREMBO CALIPERS
Vw Golf Mk5, Mk6 Mounting Bolts for Porsche Cayenne Calipers / Audi Q7 Brembo

I recommend getting the adaptor brackets from Epytec. You can check the online store or my build thread to see the link.

Lots of online stores sell the parts needed for the Cayenne calipers.

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: August 19, 2016, 12:16:48 pm »

48mm will do it. i'll order my spacer this week and test fit during the week if I get a chance

Thanks @bad devotions

I should have read this part  :signLOL: Will get the 6 pots and hopefully order some 15mm spacers and extended bolts too. 50mm bolts?.

Offline Stupots

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 35
« Reply #71 on: May 28, 2018, 10:02:40 am »
After having everything required for this conversion sitting in my shed for over a year, I decided to go the Mk7 GTI/Performance Pack route. I was lucky to sell everything and break even (even taking into account postage for some very heavy Zimmermann discs). I think @Shoduchi helped in multiple threads for both brake solutions so  :happy2:

I loved the idea of the Brembo 18Z 6 pot conversion for the sheer bling and street cred, but realised the PP solution is more than enough for fast road, so in the end, head won over heart  :smiley:
2006 VW Golf Mk5 Sport TDI 4Motion (140 BKD)

Offline Sebas_theFish

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 4
  • -Receive: 11
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2021, 06:30:31 am »
With Omanyts 18'':

What size spacer did you have to run?