Make a donation

Author Topic: Stained leather  (Read 8960 times)

Offline gingerguild

• Just Arrived
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 3
  • -Receive: 1
    • Email
Re: Stained leather
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 11:24:57 am »
Will the Dr Leather wipes work ok on parts of the steering wheel to get rid of marks & smell?

If the smell you're trying to get rid of isn't a leather, I would recommend using your usual cleaner and some Glyptone Liquid Leather - Leather conditioner.  Follow bottle directions and repeat a few times over the course of a few weeks and you'll get a permanent leather smell from your steering wheel.  If the leather smell is what you were trying to avoid, don't use this.

willni

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 11:29:11 am »
Will the Dr Leather wipes work ok on parts of the steering wheel to get rid of marks & smell?

If the smell you're trying to get rid of isn't a leather, I would recommend using your usual cleaner and some Glyptone Liquid Leather - Leather conditioner.  Follow bottle directions and repeat a few times over the course of a few weeks and you'll get a permanent leather smell from your steering wheel.  If the leather smell is what you were trying to avoid, don't use this.

Modern leather doesn't need conditioners, it's a gimmick passed up from old unfinished leathers (new leathers essentially have a clear coat). By putting conditioner on modern leather you make it become dirtier over time as the oils in it attract more dirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline denis

• Can't Read PM's Yet!
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 0
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2020, 11:30:22 pm »
One can also apply a thick coat of non-gel, non-oily cuticle remover....