Make a donation

Author Topic: Ebay screwing me over?  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Matto

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 24
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
Ebay screwing me over?
« on: August 31, 2016, 05:29:00 am »
First off a bit of back story. I sold a Sony USB WiFi dongle on Ebay in July. Turns out winning bidder is in Miami so had to post it. I never like to post things abroad but for some reason my settings allowed international bidders on this item.

Posted item 19th July fully tracked and insured. Tracking shows it clears customs on 22nd July. From then on it goes missing and for all I know doesn't get delivered. So buyer opens a case against me. We message back and forth. I request that he asks requests a missing mail search with USPS. I cannot do it as you need to reside in the US. He fails to do this. Ebay refund him.

I had to wait 25 working days before I can log a claim with Royal Mail who are going to make this difficult as I don;t have proof of purchase. How can I prove it when I bought it on ebay myself probably 2 years ago?

Just received an email from ebay saying that the buyer has been refunded but I now need to reimburse ebay $62!!! Why the f*ck do I have to send 2 refunds over? WHat is going on? Has anyone been in this situation before?

I'm about done with ebay  :fighting:

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
Re: Ebay screwing me over?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 07:24:34 am »
You shouldn't have to pay twice..... but eBay as a seller is a no unfortunately, especially on international sales. Good luck with your Royal Mail claim
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline Juliand

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 14
  • -Receive: 18
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 09:01:17 am »
Paying ebay twice doesn't sound right. E bay has swung far too much in favor of the buyer. Can't you just supply royal mail with the ebay sales log, to prove what you've lost - money / item. PITA

nkp

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 09:40:17 am »
Never heard of having to refund twice!

Is it possible that eBay have refunded the buyer from their account and not your account/paypal? So now they want you to pay them?

If this isn't the case and eBay have refunded from your account and now want paying AGAIN then i'd be firing an email off pretty sharpish, could just be error on eBays part.

For me it all started going downhill when they removed the ability for seller to leave negative feedback for buyers. I know there are scammer buyers and sellers out there but removing that idea was a bit silly so it gives buyers a bit of a free for all if they want one.

Hope you get it sorted

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 11:30:16 am »

PayPal customer services are normally pretty good. Worth giving them a ring

Offline ali6n2

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 1
  • -Receive: 12
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 02:10:26 pm »
Hi mate

Ive had this before. Not sure about the other bits but I claimed the money back from Royalmail. Just give them the item number/listing and they will refund the sale price.

Offline Flyingscotsman

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Receive: 21
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 08:03:26 pm »
Hi mate

Ive had this before. Not sure about the other bits but I claimed the money back from Royalmail. Just give them the item number/listing and they will refund the sale price.

As above. You shouldn't need to prove you bought the item. Provided you can prove sale price from eBay sold listing and insured value covers this then Royal Mail should pay up.

Offline Matto

• Thank You
  • -Receive: 116
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,37071.0.html
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 11:26:46 pm »
A little update. It turns out that the money that was sat pending for the refund never actually left Paypal for some reason. I could see it at the top of my transactions that it was being held and waiting on the outcome of the case. Once this had been decided I assumed it had been sent to the buyer.

Turns out it didn't and ebay.com reimbursed them. I have now had to pay ebay back. Why it did this I have no idea and neither did the chap at Paypal I spoke to.

As for RM, I have had to send screenshots of the ebay ad showing the winning bid etc so they can see how much it went for. Just got to wait to hear back from them now.

Offline Tfsi_Mike

• Thank You
  • -Given: 241
  • -Receive: 309
  • Go Large or Go Home
    • Tfsi Mikes Money Pit AKS / TTE / RTech St2+ Cupra
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,32721.msg402587.html#msg402587
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2016, 12:51:32 pm »

If you go into the details of the transaction on the full site, in a little table, it normally says theres a temporary hold on it.  But it will show in the summary.