Make a donation

Author Topic: FULL exhaust for stage 2?  (Read 8217 times)

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 72
  • -Receive: 44
    • Email
Re: FULL exhaust for stage 2?
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2016, 12:28:49 pm »
Both fair points above @Shoduchi and @Lucastheone92

:happy2:

Offline Paradox1

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 41
  • -Receive: 82
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 12:35:58 pm »
Ok thanks i'll probably go for a full system then even though its double the cost of just a downpipe! Much difference between the Milltek or powervalve? swaying more towards powervalve to it is quieter at low revs  and have also heard about the Milltek cracking.

Both will do the job, Given the choice of the Two I would go for the BCS Powervalve System.

It is considerably expensive going beyond Stage 1 and it depends what your end goal is? As you are already at Stage 1 personally I don't think the additional 20BHP & 20/30LB/FT you will gain going Stage 2 is worth the £1200 it costs for a new Full Powervalve System.

I am not planning on taking my Edition 30 beyond Stage 1 not because of the costs involved but will focus on spending the £1200 it would cost for an Exhaust System on sensible Suspension upgrades and to make the most of the additional power. End goal for me is to make a balanced package with 300BHP or thereabouts whilst still keeping it as OEM as possible.

Totally up to you its your car, As you have only been at Stage 1 for a few weeks and already are asking questions about going further I would probably recommend going straight to Stage 2+ if you can justify the costs! You might get bored of Stage 2 very quickly!

I think 1200 for an exhuast system is ridiculous tbh. I gues it depends if you want to stick to name brands etc. You can do Stage 2 on a budget with quailty parts. I just think that some name brand parts have crazy prices

Offline Shoduchi

• Thank You
  • -Given: 220
  • -Receive: 429
  • My Ride: http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,95592.msg952042.html
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2016, 12:41:40 pm »
I think 1200 for an exhuast system is ridiculous tbh. I gues it depends if you want to stick to name brands etc. You can do Stage 2 on a budget with quailty parts. I just think that some name brand parts have crazy prices
I agree, the price is really high. I chose it because I want to keep the car for many years and I prefer to pay for quality parts that have less chance of giving me problems in the long run. Fixing problems can also be expensive and give "headaches" that I just prefer to avoid.

If I had a good alternative with the same feedback, I'd have gone for it. Not knowing the market that well I went for what seemed to be the best one available for my needs. I don't want a too loud exhaust, for example.

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
  • -Given: 342
  • -Receive: 334
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2016, 12:48:36 pm »
Ok thanks i'll probably go for a full system then even though its double the cost of just a downpipe! Much difference between the Milltek or powervalve? swaying more towards powervalve to it is quieter at low revs  and have also heard about the Milltek cracking.

Both will do the job, Given the choice of the Two I would go for the BCS Powervalve System.

It is considerably expensive going beyond Stage 1 and it depends what your end goal is? As you are already at Stage 1 personally I don't think the additional 20BHP & 20/30LB/FT you will gain going Stage 2 is worth the £1200 it costs for a new Full Powervalve System.

I am not planning on taking my Edition 30 beyond Stage 1 not because of the costs involved but will focus on spending the £1200 it would cost for an Exhaust System on sensible Suspension upgrades and to make the most of the additional power. End goal for me is to make a balanced package with 300BHP or thereabouts whilst still keeping it as OEM as possible.

Totally up to you its your car, As you have only been at Stage 1 for a few weeks and already are asking questions about going further I would probably recommend going straight to Stage 2+ if you can justify the costs! You might get bored of Stage 2 very quickly!

I wouldn't buy the BCS because of its brand name and damn well expensive  :scared: as you guys know I hunt for a good bargain  :signLOL: but more because it has the qualities of the standard oem sound when driving around town and a beastly roar when opening the beast up.  :grin: I might even be looking into the BCS cat back soon but that all depends on the resonator once fitted and how it sounds afterwards.

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2016, 12:50:42 pm »

I wouldn't buy the BCS because of its brand name and damn well expensive  :scared: as you guys know I hunt for a good bargain  :signLOL: but more because it has the qualities of the standard oem sound when driving around town and a beastly roar when opening the beast up.  :grin: I might even be looking into the BCS cat back soon but that all depends on the resonator once fitted and how it sounds afterwards.

Hurry up and give me your non res!! :laugh: :laugh:

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2016, 12:58:57 pm »
I agree, the price is really high. I chose it because I want to keep the car for many years and I prefer to pay for quality parts that have less chance of giving me problems in the long run. Fixing problems can also be expensive and give "headaches" that I just prefer to avoid.

If I had a good alternative with the same feedback, I'd have gone for it. Not knowing the market that well I went for what seemed to be the best one available for my needs. I don't want a too loud exhaust, for example.
im kind of like you mate but as said I do like a good bargain when funds aren't available. I slated the BCS for its price at one point and still think it's bloody expensive but it's an amazing set up which give the best of both worlds  :smiley: just like the VR6 flap once you floor it the exhaust opens up with a mighty growl  :grin

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2016, 01:00:28 pm »

Hurry up and give me your non res!! :laugh: :laugh:
I haven't got my car back yet  :doh:  :slap:

Offline Paradox1

• Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2016, 01:06:49 pm »
Will be an xmas present at this rate.

Im going to the insurance place where they have it so I can swap it over myself lol

Offline r5gtt

• Thank You
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2016, 01:14:05 pm »
Will be an xmas present at this rate.

Im going to the insurance place where they have it so I can swap it over myself lol
lol xmas isn't coming quick enough so bring my car back with you :jumping: