General > Random Chat

Tool boxes / storage advice

(1/2) > >>

barelyrelevant:
What type of box are you using to store tools in?

Like many, I started with a Halfords Advanced set a few years ago which comes in a carry case but obviously only for that specific set. Since then I've had to buy extra sockets, torx sets, extensions etc and sods law is that the tool I need is always in my other tool bag.

I was thinking of combining everything into something like this:

Can't be anything too big and heavy as I need to store it in the house and then carry it round to the driveway/road when using it. Oh how I long for a double garage with permanent tool cabinet...

Carpy25:
Why carry all your tools around they can be heavy , I've got tools I've only ever used once so keep them in a main box and use a smaller carry able box containing commonly used tools also my socket sets are still separate from this even if I need something not in the carry box I go and get just that tool

Big tool chest
Smaller carry box

:happy2:

Rob

r5gtt:
I have a flat pack halford style box called crescent with a side cutter/long nose pliers/all three ratchets 1/2 3/4 and 1/4 drive and it comes in very handy but if you have a mixture of tools.

4ndy:
Have a look for tool rolls :happy2:

grey golfster:

--- Quote from: barelyrelevant on November 22, 2016, 06:47:01 pm ---What type of box are you using to store tools in?

Like many, I started with a Halfords Advanced set a few years ago which comes in a carry case but obviously only for that specific set. Since then I've had to buy extra sockets, torx sets, extensions etc and sods law is that the tool I need is always in my other tool bag.

I was thinking of combining everything into something like this:

Can't be anything too big and heavy as I need to store it in the house and then carry it round to the driveway/road when using it. Oh how I long for a double garage with permanent tool cabinet...

--- End quote ---

I've never found these to be much use, OK as storage, but as you amass a collection of tools they quickly become too heavy to move. Then they need to live on top of a roller trolley... then you need that garage - and a level driveway!

I store in a variety of chests, then take my tools to the job in various Stanley tool bags (get the hard bottomed ones to keep your kit dry on a wet road) and a medium size, lightweight, plastic tool box.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version