Make a donation

Author Topic: URGENT HELP PLEASE!  (Read 9138 times)

Offline vRS Carl

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 282
  • -Receive: 240
  • I'm the F.A.G (Forum Apple Guru)
Re: URGENT HELP PLEASE!
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 06:39:41 pm »
My Judder eventually went away.

JKM told me it would be like that for about 800-1000 miles. I can't remember exactly how long it lasted but it's now like the OEM clutch just a bit harder to press the pedal.

On the odd occasion say when setting off from traffic lights I may get a slight judder every now and then but otherwise it performs like an OEM clutch.

Apparantly the Judder is a feature of these updated clutches but will only happen in first and reverse and eventually goes away.

HTH

Carl :happy2:

Offline david_phillips95

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 4
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 06:21:46 pm »
Just a quick update, got the car back and the juddering is gone  :happy2: seems the clutch was just settling in woooo. There is a little movement in the pedal before biting point but nothing too excessive. Clutch feels a million times better than standard, bite point is very accurate and feels far more precise than the standard unit. Cant wait for my Autotech HPFP and MV Sport Downpipe now  :grin:

Cheers Davie
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 07:06:50 pm by david_phillips95 »

Offline Top Cat

• Top cat
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 171
  • -Receive: 335
  • Almost Jacamo
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 06:50:17 pm »
 :congrats: good outcome.

Offline KRL

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 29
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 09:18:36 am »
Good news  :laugh:

Offline gazbutS3

• Thank You
  • -Given: 52
  • -Receive: 55
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 09:25:16 am »
Just a quick update, got the car back and the juddering is gone  :happy2: seems the clutch was just settling in woooo. There is a little movement in the pedal before biting point but nothing too excessive. Clutch feels a million times better than standard, bite point is very accurate and feels far more precise than the standard unit. Cant wait for my Autotech HPFP and MV Sport Downpipe now  :grin:

Cheers Davie

So did you have any parts changed or is this the same set-up that gave the the pedal travel originally?

Ref the Sachs/LUK 08 cars issue, I was under the impression that it was the friction plate that change not the flywheel, I think people have just assumed that its the fywheel as this is known to give problems

Offline david_phillips95

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 12:11:06 pm »

Cheers Davie

So did you have any parts changed or is this the same set-up that gave the the pedal travel originally?

Ref the Sachs/LUK 08 cars issue, I was under the impression that it was the friction plate that change not the flywheel, I think people have just assumed that its the fywheel as this is known to give problems

Same setup as originally mentioned, the mechanic took it another test drive the next day and it felt 100 times better. When i drove it i could not fault it. Must have been the clutch bedding in.
People have definately assumed the flywheel is changed to a Sachs DMF i can confirm it is an LUK DMF, i quizzed audi and sachs and they told me the same thing. There is however a sachs clutch cover and disk on the sachs website and is listed as an OEM part. Anyone who thinks they are running a Sachs DMF in an Audi S3 8P would be wrong. Sachs only make a SMF for the S3 8P.

Davie

Offline MAT ED30

• Thank You
  • -Given: 25
  • -Receive: 81
  • Vwr fan boy
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2010, 12:18:58 pm »
i have a full clutch and flywheel in the grg as a spare so will have a look and see what they are as its all new vw parts

Mods yes but way too many to stick in this little box

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 01:57:56 pm »

Cheers Davie

Same setup as originally mentioned, the mechanic took it another test drive the next day and it felt 100 times better. When i drove it i could not fault it. Must have been the clutch bedding in.
People have definately assumed the flywheel is changed to a Sachs DMF i can confirm it is an LUK DMF, i quizzed audi and sachs and they told me the same thing. There is however a sachs clutch cover and disk on the sachs website and is listed as an OEM part. Anyone who thinks they are running a Sachs DMF in an Audi S3 8P would be wrong. Sachs only make a SMF for the S3 8P.

Davie

Davie,

Could you please confirm the part number of your SACHS clutch plate as myself and Markymark are suffering similar problems as we have LUK Flywheels.  :happy2:

Offline david_phillips95

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 03:49:02 pm »

Cheers Davie

Davie

Davie,

Could you please confirm the part number of your SACHS clutch plate as myself and Markymark are suffering similar problems as we have LUK Flywheels.  :happy2:

The Full kit number is SR999787 999502, the kit contains Performance Clutch Plate 883082 999787 and Performance Clutch Disc 881864 999502.
Anyone running this setup in an S3 will have the exact same pedal travel etc as i do. I dont know about the MK5's & Leon's running the 2.0tfsi engine as they may have a different setup. I am 100% sure that if i were to drive another S3 with OEM DMF and Performance clutch the pedal feel would be exactly as mine is.
Sachs have confirmed they have hundreds of people use this kit without issues. I still believe the travel in the pedal is down to the stack up height of the Performance Clutch and DMF being slightly less than the OEM Clutch and DMF. i think the pedal travel is due to the slave cylinder extending out to make contact with the clutch plate but sachs have told me the stack up heights are similar but im not convinced. Anyway the car is perfect and the clutch feels far better than OEM so cant complain

Davie

Offline Greeners

• Thank You
  • -Given: 201
  • -Receive: 199
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 04:00:10 pm »
I thought the clutches were the same on the S3 and the ED30?  :chicken:

Offline david_phillips95

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 04:17:53 pm »
i havent looked into the ed30, they could be but i wont comment on it unless i knew for a fact they were.

Davie