General > Product Reviews

GTI Bluefin Stage 2 remap

(1/1)

jpv:
Car: Mk5 Golf GTI (200ps) 2006 '06 (Milltek non-resonated exhaust and downpipe, ITG panel air filter)

Having realised, a few weeks ago, Superchips were now offering stage 2, 3 and 4 Bluefin maps I decided to upgrade from Stage 1 to Stage 2 (260bhp) (it's free of charge for Stage 1 owners). The pre-requisite appears to be that you have a performance downpipe.

Stage 1 owners simply have to email Superchips their Bluefin serial number and await a reply for downloading the new map. I won't go into how to use the Bluefin here, as I am writing this for Stage 1 owners who already have the device and are contemplating Stage 2.

Initial impressions driving away from home seemed very good, the car willing to pull from low revs even more than before (and Stage 1 was pretty impressive). However there was a severe hesitation after 4,500rpm in 3rd, 4th and 5th gear - as though not enough fuel. Superchips revised the map and it now works perfectly (so if you have any issues, contact them and they will try to iron them out).

The result is like going from standard to Stage 1 again, such is the difference.  The shove in the back is even more powerful, and yet despite this obvious increase in power the car still remains very drivable. I'd say the most noticable gain is around the 2,500 - 3,500rpm range (as was with the case with my Stage 1 map).  Don't expect huge gains in the mid to top end, such is the K03 turbo, unless you have a high pressure fuel pump maybe.

No noticable change in fuel consumption, but as always if driven hard for any length of time you might as well chuck your money out the window. But a 'normal' 60-70mph drive up north on motorways for 2.5 hours gave 34mpg average, which is about what I normally get on that trip.

Can't think of any negatives to be honest, it's free and it's faster! Watching that rev needle flip across the dial in quicker fashion is very addictive!

182_blue:
Nice review, do post up a Hi in the newbie section  :happy2:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version