Make a donation

Author Topic: R-tech Remap.  (Read 8194 times)

Offline Trav Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
  • -Receive: 2
R-tech Remap.
« on: January 19, 2017, 02:42:14 pm »
Hello guy's. I'm booked in for my remap next month & heard about the 5 selectable maps some people has  mentioned. I'm unsure if they will put it on mine or not. Just interested on people's views on that feature & if they have them or not?

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Offline RetroRaz

• Just look at my post count
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 32
  • -Receive: 193
    • Email
Re: R-tech Remap.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2017, 03:37:23 pm »
Nick (white91) has it done, it only can be done on Manual GTI's. He needed it as his clutch was slipping so he put his remap on 3rd setting and it lowered the torque down and had no clutch slip.

Just ask Niki to do it before it goes in

Offline slix

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 38
  • Stage 1 ED30 Owner
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2017, 04:30:42 pm »
It's not just manuals.

I have it on my dsg and when I asked him he said it's part of all the maps.

You hold the brake and stomp on accelerator to change from 1 to 5. 1k rpm is map 1, 2k rpm is map 2 etc.
Stage "1.5" ED30 [330BHP] Rtech

Offline Trav Turbo

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 18
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2017, 05:17:37 pm »
It's not just manuals.

I have it on my dsg and when I asked him he said it's part of all the maps.

You hold the brake and stomp on accelerator to change from 1 to 5. 1k rpm is map 1, 2k rpm is map 2 etc.
Ok cool. I'll be asking for that feature then

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Offline Saintsteve

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2017, 06:56:04 pm »
Yes there are always 5 different maps depending on engine Operating temps, intake air temps etc so the switchable ones are just the ability to turn down the power manually rather then letting the engine Operating perimeters decide, :happy2:
Tornado Red Edition30 DSG Build Number 114
Atlantic Blue Mk7.5 GTE Advance
Follow Saintsteve330 on Instagram

Offline Saintsteve

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 17
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 06:57:59 pm »
I would edge caution if you select setting 5 for a normal engine temp setting with a cold engine.
Not advisable  :smiley: :slap:
Tornado Red Edition30 DSG Build Number 114
Atlantic Blue Mk7.5 GTE Advance
Follow Saintsteve330 on Instagram

Offline rich83

• Thank You
  • -Given: 165
  • -Receive: 801
    • MK5 Golf GTI
  • My Ride: https://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=ubigtjs2vbirc19gt61d672407&/topic,19740.0.html
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 07:03:47 pm »
I thought the R-tech maps limited power until the engine was warm anyway?

Offline AJP

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 392
  • -Receive: 316
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 07:04:09 pm »
Yes there are always 5 different maps depending on engine Operating temps, intake air temps etc so the switchable ones are just the ability to turn down the power manually rather then letting the engine Operating perimeters decide, :happy2:
That's news to me. So you're saying during a normal drive the ECU will automatically switch between the 5 maps Niki's loaded? I thought things like knock detection and timing retard would be active within each selected map, rather than the map itself switching. What about the k04 2+ maps that don't get the switchable option?

Offline slix

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 7
  • -Receive: 38
  • Stage 1 ED30 Owner
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2017, 10:18:33 pm »
I would edge caution if you select setting 5 for a normal engine temp setting with a cold engine.
Not advisable  :smiley: :slap:
I have for the past year. I leave it on 5 all the time.

As with any turbo car, not giving it full beans untill it's up to temp. Just drive normal in map 5 till warm.
Stage "1.5" ED30 [330BHP] Rtech

Offline white91

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2017, 10:46:17 pm »
I have 5 switchable maps, unfortunately map 5 does make my poor clutch slip in 6th! Map 4 is nearly as mad but easier on my clutch. I'm actually pootling around in map 1 right now since the snow and general poor road conditions. Really useful feature for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bonelorry

• Always Involved
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 72
  • -Receive: 44
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2017, 11:03:51 pm »
You now have to pay extra for the Switchable map option, I had it on my last Edition 30 as it was running 330LB/FT of Torque on the OEM Clutch so just in case it slipped I could select Map 4 which was circa 300LB/FT.

Thing is as already mentioned though I just ran the car on the Top Setting number 5 all the time, I would actually prefer not to have it switchable as it is a feature I would never use and always doubted that the correct map was set when I was driving the car.

On the 6R I have not got it switchable.

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2017, 09:16:34 am »
That's news to me. So you're saying during a normal drive the ECU will automatically switch between the 5 maps Niki's loaded? I thought things like knock detection and timing retard would be active within each selected map, rather than the map itself switching. What about the k04 2+ maps that don't get the switchable option?

I would have thought it's just the boost levels and N75 ramp rates that differ between the maps.  Intake temps, water temps etc are all standard parameters the engine needs to function regardless of boost level.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline pudding

• Global Moderator
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 670
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2017, 09:19:37 am »
You now have to pay extra for the Switchable map option, I had it on my last Edition 30 as it was running 330LB/FT of Torque on the OEM Clutch so just in case it slipped I could select Map 4 which was circa 300LB/FT.

Thing is as already mentioned though I just ran the car on the Top Setting number 5 all the time, I would actually prefer not to have it switchable as it is a feature I would never use and always doubted that the correct map was set when I was driving the car.

On the 6R I have not got it switchable.

Likewise.  I just go for 'a map' and be done with it.   I can't see any scenario in my daily driving where I'd want to turn the boost down, or run a standard map.

2007 ED30 | 2009 TDI 140 | 2016 BMW 330D

Offline Dan_FR

• Thank You
  • -Given: 132
  • -Receive: 189
  • wait...what?
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2017, 09:24:50 am »
The only thing different in the 5 switchable maps is the boost(load) request and N75 mapping, this alone is enough to cap the mid range torque. Car won't change maps automatically.

Never seen the need to have switchable mapping even though I have Revo and the SPS device so have a lot more adjustability.  Just dont be so heavy with the right foot at low RPM where the clutch struggles.

I do like the ability to put it back to standard power and even the valet mode if I ever have to entrust the car to a garage or anyone other than myself & the other half
TFSI... Revo Stage 2+... . WMI.... VCDS HEX + CAN, MPPS, VAG Commander & VAG tacho - South Wales

Offline white91

• Won't Shut up.
  • Thank You
  • -Given: 10
  • -Receive: 13
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2017, 11:35:54 am »
Each to their own,  it I often find map5 a bit aggressive for daily driving, I see this option similar to a 'sport' button

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk