All Things Mk7 R and GTI > MK7 Members Rides

White MK7 GTI Performance Pack

<< < (3/3)

AJP:

--- Quote from: colesey on May 07, 2017, 04:48:50 pm ---Here you go - www.mtecbrakes.com/2-piece-brake-discs/seat-leon-345mm-front-discs-mtec7009-349-99.html

--- End quote ---
Ta. I was looking at cars that use the 340mm disc, as per Performance Pack.

So I assume these wouldn't work with the PP/Clubsport caliper, but might be an option for the older R32 caliper. Lists the weight at 10kg though... which isn't much less than a normal 340mm disc - which works fine with the old caliper.

There's a VBT two piece 340mm disc available for a similar price. Same as the one the Clubsport S used putting those times in at the Ring IIRC. Which I'd bet is less than 10kg.

colesey:
I'd take that 10kg figure with a pinch of salt. Not only is it far higher than other two piece discs out there, often of larger diameters and thicknesses, but also as they quoted me 8kg when I queried.

AJP:

--- Quote from: colesey on May 07, 2017, 05:37:07 pm ---I'd take that 10kg figure with a pinch of salt. Not only is it far higher than other two piece discs out there, often of larger diameters and thicknesses, but also as they quoted me 8kg when I queried.

--- End quote ---
Fair enough, but unless I'm missing something a 345mm disc (as in the old S3/R32 setup) won't work with the PP/Clubsport/7R/8v S3 caliper.

ashtdi:
Lovely car this!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version